9/10 Instance: The Worst Thing

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

9/10 Instance: The Worst Thing

Post by puppygirl »

Timeline - Current

Darren finished brushing up the last of the plaster dust and tipped the pan outside of the gaping hole with a small sigh, cursing the cost of building materials as he did so ... though on the other hand, cement mixer!

"...exactly how many times has this kitchen had to be patched like this, anyway? From what I hear it has been a lot." Jean-Paul leaned against the doorframe, looking down at Darren hard at work. "What was it this time?"

"Too many to count, and I did, was totally Eddie's fault thoughm," Darren muttered darkly and turned to face Jean-Paul, "Settling back in okay, Petals?"

"Trying to." Of course, a lot of it involved something Jean-Paul wasn't all that great at, swallowing his pride, but he thought he was doing an okay job of getting along with everyone so far.

"What'd he do this time?"

"Be a selfish, stupid dickweed," Darren said shortly, he was still fucking angry with the kid and if he wasn't off groveling to Jay right now he really would beat seven shades of shit out of him.

"...he does have his moments." Jean-Paul nodded, sliding off of the doorframe and heading on in to see what there was to cook. "New stupidness or old?"

"Idiocy you're familar with," Darren looked back at the hole in the wall, "He just wasnt getting why what he did to you both (but Jay esspecially) was so bad, and then to make it worse, he was being a cocky little shit about it ... made me blow my top, and trust me, making me lose my shit is a pretty hard thing to do."

"I'd imagine so...I'd not seen it yet anyway." Jean-Paul frowned, remembering all that was said between Jay and Eddie. "That was...a very awkward conversation that evening. I can't imagine how he and Jay were right after it."

"There's a lot of personal reasons why what he said to Jay was ... well, why it wasn't good, not my place to say but let's just say it's a family matter I happen to be privy too, hopefully Eddie's off apologising right now after I went on my tirade ... it was a pretty spectacular one gotta say ... I was pleased with it," Darren smirked.

"He did say that he'd spoken to you though, and that you guys were cool now, that true?"

"...he seriously hadn't apologized to Jay by now?" Jean-Paul's head shook, sighing as he started pulling things out of the fridge. "You'd think that'd be sort of a first priority there. Hell, when it was happening I barely wanted to get involved because of how personal he was going with Jay."

"We talked...I've rejoined his little detective whooplah." He sighed, finally closing the door. "Basically I'm too tired of the whole thing to even be properly angry so we're probably not really friends anymore but still."

"I know, comes to you first but lets his own brother stew?" Darren decided to take a seat in the hole he'd made while talking to JP, perching on the shattered bricks, "Oh he's still going on about that 'X-ternal's' bullshit? And you're not public enemy number one with him anymore?" Darren snorted, "Who knows, maybe he'll actual get some detective work done now rather then let his girlfriend do the legwork?"

"Especially since I've not been here for some time afterwards so he's had ample opportunity to go to him first." Once things were on the stove Jean-Paul made his way back, plonking himself down across from Darren. "I probably was his top suspect, not really sure why he thinks it isn't me anymore if I was so distrustful before."

Darren shrugged, "It's Eddie, fuck knows man," Darren pulled out a cigarette and lit it, "Guess he wants you to keep an eye out for Powers huh? You're faster then her right?"

"I think so, can't say as I ever tested that. She left the school too soon for that." He shrugged. "Plus I can't say as I was a big fan...I think she thought I was some strange conservative as well because I didn't agree with her."

Darren shrugged, "Never really interacted with her either, I mean, I know Sel can be kinda crazy and random, but then there's 'crazy and randon' and then there's her, from what I saw she out-nutted Adam!"

"...is it true people are seriously thinking it's Adam after the run in at the FoH building?" Jean-Paul asked, frowning deep as he considered that.

Darren nodded, "The Boss is pretty certain from what I've heard, she's been picked up by Adam before and recognised it."

"Damn." Jean-Paul sighed, slumping back. "I was really hoping he wasn't involved."

"I was really hoping no one here was involved," Darren took a long drag, "but do you know what the worst part is?"

"What's going to happen after we all know?"

"No," Darren looked up at Jean-Paul and grinned, "It's the fact that I TOTALLY missed Lorna and Selene making out!" he exclaimed.

"...eww."

Darren let out a loud laugh, "Awww come on, just try and look at it from a heterosexual point of view, Petals."

"I don't understand your ways. Vaginas are scary things that may or may not have teeth if some movies are to be believed."

"Vagina's are amazing things, full of secret delights and rarely need douching to prevent icky senarios," Darren countered.

"I think over all my way is safest for me. Enjoy your vaginas."

"Ha! That means I wiiiiin!" Darren cheered and nearly fell backwards through the hole, "Things have been to serious around here."

"That they have," Jean-Paul admitted with a nod. "Maybe if you can talk Selene into it a reenactment can be your wedding present from her."

"Lorna's her bride of honor, it's totally feasable," Darren righted himself, "I'm just hoping nothing kicks off at me wedding, people will be drinking and shit after all."

"I, for one, intend to not be sober in the least once I have a say about it."

"I'm probably gonna be the only sober one there ... it's a sad, sad existance when you're the designated driver for all your own parties," Darren mused, finishing his cigarette.

Jean-Paul smirked a most evil smirk. He had plans. "aw, you'll have your own fun. Sparky."

"True, it is kinda fun to troll you guys when you're hammered," Hmmm, first Eddie calling him Megaman, and now Jean-Paul calling him Sparky? Maybe he was starting a living meme ... muwahahahaaaa.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"