9/10 Instance: What're Friends For?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Curt: *Clackedy-clack, clack-clacka-da-clack! Clack-cla-clack! Claclacla clackedy clack!* Curt twirled on the kitchen floro and smiled at his progress.

Johnny: Johnny was aware of the noise and not exactly sure he wanted to know as he paused outside of the kitchen, but... He needed tea. Sighing, he pushed the door open and entered the room, pausing at the sight of Curt, debating how safe he was at the moment and whether or not he needed to be shielding himself.

Curt: Curt was unaware of Johnny watching him. If he had known he would have stopped. But instead Curt continued to tap dance on the kitchen floor in his brand-new tap shoes.

Johnny: He continued to stare and resisted the urge to beat his head against the wall. And the guy wondered why he couldn't get a girlfriend. Who tap danced in the middle of the kitchen? Setting Curt with a blank stare, Johnny finally announced his presence by asking, "...What are you doing?"

Curt: Curt yelped and fell over in mid-scuff. He hit the floor with a thud.

Curt: "Johnny! Uh... nothing! Not tap dancing!" He quickly tried to sweep the dancing sand under the table.

Johnny: "Riiight," Johnny just nodded from his spot standing over Curt, offering his hand.

Curt: Curt sighed, gave his arm to Johnny, and allowed himself to be yanked up right. "I'm sorry, mate. I don't mean to lie it's just I haven't been able to do this since I came here. I didn't exactly get to pick up my things, y'know?"

Johnny: "It's not so much doing it... It's just the kitchen is a strange place to choose," he replied and raised an eyebrow, "You didn't?"

Curt: "No, not at all. I never told you? I was all Lizard-y and eating 'roos in the bush when the X-Men landed and rescued me. I-... I never got to say good bye to my parents. ANd I've tried to call to tell them I'm alrigth but I can't get a hold of them for some reason. I'm really concerned."

Johnny: Johnny tried to think back through all the conversations he'd had with Curt, eventually shaking his head, "I don't think so, and if you did... Then, I guess I deserved that hit to the balls for being a shitty friend. Anyway, can't get a hold of them... Like, the phone doesn't work or something?"

Curt: "No one ever answers. I'm very worried." Curt responded flatly. "I haven't spoken to anyone about it... but I am beginning to believe I should."

Johnny: He frowned, "They don't have voicemail?"

Curt: "It just rings and rings... like someone unhooked it. And yes, I know my phone number. I contacted my neighbors and they took a drive down. No one was home." Curt began to get visually scared.

Johnny: "Have you thought about taking a trip yourself? Like, maybe for the summer or something?" Johnny asked and started to go about preparing tea.

Curt: "Yeah." Curt said flatly. "I absolutely have. I am admittedly afraid of what I'll find though..." He fought back tears. "I'm afraid of going alone. But I have no one to go with me... I contemplated asking Xavier, himself."

Johnny: He just stared at him, deciding he could wait for the kettle to heat on the stove while he dealt with Curt, "You do realize that all you have to do is ask, right?"

Curt: "Yeah but... I mean he's in a wheel chair and everything, y'know?"

Johnny: "No, no, no." Johnny shook his head, "Not Xavier. He's old and constantly falling asleep."

Curt: "Well, I thought about some of the other faculty... I dunno... Lorna?"

Johnny: He held up his hand to get him to stop listing off people, "When I said that, I meant I'd go with you, if you wanted."

Curt: Curt's jaw dropped. "Nooo,nonono! Johnny, I can't do that to you! I can't ask you that, that's unfair of me!"

Johnny: "How is it unfair?" Johnny asked with a roll of his eyes, moving to pour himself a cup, "Did you want any? Tea, that is."

Curt: "Yeah, I think I need some now." Curt sat on the stool. "Johnny, it's not that I don't want you there. It's just that I am afraid to burden you... but honestly. I would love if you came. That would really be great, mate."

Johnny: He carried the mugs over and passed one to Curt, taking a seat himself, "Pfft, it's not a burden. You really think I want to just sit around all summer after getting to be a superhero all year?"

Curt: Curt smiled and took the tea. "Thanks, mate. Really. I honestly appreciate it more than I can describe. If you ever need anything let me know."

Johnny: "It's not a problem," Johnny gave him a grin as he took a sip from his mug.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

D'aww, you guise. :3
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Achievements: ImageImageImage