9/13 Instance: Capcom vs. X-men: Round II

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Capcom vs. X-men

Johnny: Setting his cup of tea down on the coffee table, Johnny turned the television on and flopped down, frowning once he realized he'd meant to grab a game controller as there was never anything worth watching.

Eddie: "You'd swear blind it was a 'Two and a Half Men' marathon.", chimed Eddie, slithering down from the ceiling on a web and hopping down onto an armchair before bouncing up to his feet. "'sup Sparky?"

Johnny: He'd been taking a drink of his tea at the voice, about spraying it when he startled, "Shit, Eddie!" He was probably going to have to get used to Eddie sneaking up on him since he was tracking him. Blowing out a breath, he slowly shook his head, "Not a whole lot. You?"

Eddie: "Aaah, not much.", Eddie confessed, shrugging. "Bored, trying to delay an apology.", God, was he dreading that. He stretched, glancing over to the T.V. "Watching anything?"

Johnny: "Nah, I was about to put in a game," he answered and raised an eyebrow, "Apology?"

Eddie: "Let's not go there...", Eddie shook his head, "I owe one to a few people, but Jay's highest on my list.", he glanced about the consoles. "Uhm...any preference? I'll play you at whatever."

Johnny: "Ah." Johnny also looked toward the entertainment center that housed the various consoles, shaking his head, "Not particularly, but I can pick something."

Eddie: "If you like...", Eddie frowned a little as he caught a blank case open on top of the PS3. Approaching it, he had a look at the label. "'s this? Ever seen it?", he waved the empty case at Johnny.

Johnny: Actually getting up off the couch, Johnny moved to take the case from Eddie, brow furrowing as he turned it over in his hands, "Huh... Nope." He reached down to turn the PS3 on since that was the most logical place to find a game as it wasn't in the case. Well, he thought it was the most reasonable anyway. Then, he went to switch the television over to the proper channel.

Eddie: Eddie whipped up a pair of controllers with his webbing, waving one at Johnny before throwing it over and stepping past the coffee table to a seat. "Strange...I've never seen that case before: think it's new?"

Johnny: He caught the controller and plopped back down, sipping at his tea as the game booted up, "Must be. I've never seen it either..."

Eddie: "Weird.", Eddie shrugged, tapping through the 'Capcom Vs. DC' start credits etcetera and skipping to the VS. Menu., "So, it's a second copy o-....wait, what?", he blinked at the characters. "...is...that us?"

Eddie: "...dude, that's totally US!"

Johnny: "...This is so freaking awesome!" Johnny grinned and went to highlight himself.

Eddie: Eddie did the same, smirking at his avatar. "Who put these together? Must've been Darren or someone...", he read his character bio: "'A true and passionate Hero, hiding a truly relentless rage: Venom's strong sense of Justice is all that keeps him from completely giving in to his dark-side...'"

Eddie: "Sells me a bit short.", he frowned, reading on: "'A high-school drop-out-turned-viginaltee'?"

Johnny: He snickered at the description, "But, accurate, right?"

Eddie: "Hey, fuck you: I stuck with schooling.", Eddie cut his eye at Johnny. "What does yours say?"

Johnny: He skimmed his bio silently, shaking his head, "Not a whole lot that's true besides Human Torch."

Eddie: "I asked what it said...", Eddie smirked, glancing over to the other side of the screen. "Anything about your underlying homosexuality?"

Johnny: "Are you sure you stuck to schooling since you can't read for yourself?" Johnny smirked back, which dropped once he processed the question, "I don't have any underlying homosexuality!"

Eddie: "'Starting out as a stuntman, when the Human Torch discovered his powers he became a self-made superhero'.", Eddie frowned, "Oh, so you get to be Mickey Rourke? Fuck that..."

Johnny: "See why I didn't want to say it aloud? It's lame."

Eddie: "Better than being a drop-out...", Eddie shook his head, flicking the level select to 'random'. "Wait, does this mean I'm gonna be weak against you 'cause of my adversity to fire 'IRL'?"

Johnny: Johnny just shrugged, liking the idea of that though, "I guess we'll find out."

Eddie: Snickering at his character's intro smack-talk ("With Great Power....comes a Great Beatdown..."), Eddie sat forward as the match counter started. He frowned down at the controls: he...had virtually no idea how to even play.

Eddie: "Goddamned PS3..."

Johnny: Really? Just "Flame on!"? Like he'd never heard that one before. Johnny went with the strategy of button mashing due to the fact that he rarely had anything to do with the PS3 as well, "I know, right? Anyway... Talked to Rose."

Eddie: Eddie's avatar took a punch to the face as he heard that. "You did, huh? A-and....?", he followed up by trying to figure out what buttons did what, unwittingly managing a 'WEB BALL!', somehow.

Johnny: Johnny made a face as his character was hit, "She didn't have anything nice to say about you."

Eddie: "Figures...", Eddie followed up by having 'Venom' lay in a few punches and kicks to the webbed 'Torch. "Truth is, I did cheat on her. I lied to her because I needed to get close..."

Eddie: "I'm not saying I didn't care: I did - I do.", he went on, having 'Venom' backflip away and trying to do his 'web ball' by crouching continually. "But it was a fling that got a little out of control. I was trying to find out if she was Brotherhood."

Eddie: "A-and I think I was right.", he sighed, grip loosening on his controller as he reached up and wiped his face.

Johnny: Making a frustrated noise, he finally escaped the webbing and took the opportunity to figure out how to throw fire, "Sorry, dude. She said she has some new boyfriend. Blind guy in the greenhouse... Uh, Michael? Is that right?" He spared a glance to Eddie at the question and hit pause, frowning, "Hate to confirm your suspicions, but I think you're right."

Eddie: Eddie nodded, "Makes sense: I let the Symbiote go a little apeshit on Michael to make her think I gave a damn, but he's not a bad guy.", he shook his head, "Just simple as they come, truth be told."

Eddie: "...wait, go back: I'm right?", 'Of course we're right...'

Johnny: "I mean, I can't prove anything, but she conveniently had the night off the night of the FoH fire... Plus, I should've been able to easily put that fire out... Or at least some of it..."

Eddie: Eddie nodded again, smirking, "That and I'm pretty sure the fireballs shot at me weren't you.", he sighed, "So...was right about her too...figures."

Eddie: "So...what, you think I'm an asshole too? For cheating on her?"

Johnny: "Considering I don't have any reason to shoot you and I don't generally aim for people, no." Johnny shook his head, "Honestly, I didn't really believe her. ...Though, if she's crazy enough to be part of that, I don't blame you."

Eddie: Eddie sighed again, frowning and looking back at the pause screen. "Funny: I've been trying not to blame myself, too....", he sat back in the chair, "...I got so caught up in this I'm starting to wonder why I even bothered."

Johnny: While they were still paused, he reached for his tea and sipped at it. "Bothered with the whole thing or her?"

Eddie: "All of it.", Eddie shrugged. "I mean, I suppose it's almost over but....God, there's so much I regret."

Johnny: "I don't think there's much to regret if you manage to get all of them arrested," Johnny replied, pausing to think for a moment, "Ends over means. At least in this instance. Y'know?"

Eddie: Eddie managed a smile at Johnny. "I appreciate that. If it's true. Still, got a girlfriend out of all this, I suppose."

Johnny: "You're welcome," he gave a grin, "And, who is it this time?"

Eddie: "Liza. I-I mean, Screwball, even...", Eddie blushed a little, "She and I....just hit a chord."

Johnny: "Oooh, yeah... I'd heard something about that," Johnny nodded, "Nice."

Eddie: "She is, she is.", Eddie raised an eyebrow, "Any luck with Emma, by the way?"

Johnny: He let out a sigh and shook his head, "Nope. Might have to just give up..."

Eddie: "I think all these things should be saved for after things blow over, mind.", Eddie smiled, trying to keep the faith, "I have a nasty feeling things are gonna get worse before they get better..."

Johnny: "Probably," Johnny agreed, "But, we'll be around to stop it."

Eddie: Eddie nodded, still smiling. That much even he was sure of. "On that note, shall we continue?", he looked back at the T.V and consulted the health bars. "Think I'm winning there..."

Johnny: He shot him a grin, finished off his tea, and snatched his controller back up, "Yeah, not for long."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I spurted my tea out of my mouth when I read this typo:

Eddie: "Sells me a bit short.", he frowned, reading on: "'A high-school drop-out-turned-viginaltee'?"

He turned vi-ginal!

[Edited on 14/9/2011 by steyn]
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

...don't ANYONE. EVER. Correct that.

:B
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Achievements: ImageImageImage