9/17 Instance: Coffee Run Gone Bad

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined before the game today

Special Agent Jones grimaced when he took a sip of the very cold and very stale coffee. He put the plastic cup back on top of the small monitor and leaned back, attempting to stretch his legs inside the cramped back of the observation van. "What's taking Brown," he muttered. "Can't be too hard finding a Starbucks in New York."

"You know Brown, couldn't find his own ass with both hands on his backside." Special Agent Smith muttered, having given up his coffee, sighing as he climbed back to the end of the van, settling down to watch the monitor as well. "Looks like everyone's in place though. Any movement in the school?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary, anyway," Jones replied. "Or whatever goes for ordinary at a place like this." He checked the other displays and devices taking up most of the space in the vehicle. "No noteworthy phone calls over the landlines, either. All nice and quiet and boring as hell."

"You'd think a terrorist training camp would be a bit more lively, wouldn't you?" He gave a laugh, shaking his head. "All the staff accounted for?"

"Who knows if the analysts have been fed reliable leads or not. All I can say is that if I were to hide something illicit, I'd do my best to make the front for it appear as uninteresting as possible." Jones pushed a button and brought up the image from a camera hidden with view of the driveway. "No vehicle came or left during the last three hours, anyway."

"Good, looks like the bulk of them are there." Smith muttered, rifling through the print out of license plate numbers. "Looks like everyone anyway, so we can assume all of the trainees are accounted for as well. They seem to have guards when they go out, check in and everything after the Pare incident."

"That's right; you rarely spot one of them alone any more. Can't say I blame them, suspected terrorists or not. Shame about that boy." Jones pushed the button repeatedly, switching through the different camera angles available to them.

"Jones, if I didn't know any better I'd think you were going soft there." Smith chuckled but nodded. "Yeah, it's bad the bastards've gotten kids in on this. Not really something I want to do, take kids in, you know? At least they can be taken care of though."

"Hey, you know that as a goldfish owner I just have a weak spot for anything with big eyes." Even though the image passed as quickly as the others, one detail caught Jones's attention and he switched back the monitor. "We haven't seen those vans around here before, have we?"

"What vans?" Smith asked, attention turning back as the monitor displayed one, two, three vans, white and rather non-descript pulling up the street and towards their location. "No, definitely haven't. Can you pull any license plates?"

"Give me a second." Jones sat up in his chair and pulled closer to the video controls. He zoomed in on the vans and tried to get a clear image of one of the plates. "Here we go. Let me run a check to see if that number brings up anything."

'Yeah, they're definitely coming here." Smith muttered, trying to get the camera to zoom in on the head van to see inside. "They're definitely not our backup, that's for damned sure."

"Should call headquarters to report we might have some important activity, after all. And get backup ready in case we need it." Jones checked the van's scanner for any increased wireless activity. "I better radio Brown to haul ass."

"Yeah, you take care of Brown, I'm getting headquarters." He made for his radio, watching the monitor carefully. "I have a feeling this operation just got that much harder, eh Jones?"

"You know how it is; no one ever appreciates observation work until shit hits the fan and you actually have to get up and out there." While he dialed his radio to Brown's channel, Jones tried to keep the camera focused on the vans as the approached the edge of the school grounds.

"Damnit." Smith thumbed the monitor, pointing out a face. "I recognize him from the files on the riot, it's the fucking Friends."

"Ah, crap," Jones muttered, glancing at the screen. "And they're packing heat." He already knew this would end up getting ugly. "Guess that means screw the observation and tell headquarters to get an HTR team over here, asap!"
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

His name is LITERALLY 'Agent Smith'. Why has Eddie not met him yet!? xD
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Achievements: ImageImageImage