11/14 Instance: You Gonna Bury Your Smushed Heart In There?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Few hours after [Instance]Lakeside Reflection.

Danny: Danny was digging a hole in the backyard, sweating profusely. He was wearing a bandana around his forehead, a trick he had learned from one of Sue's movies, "HOLES". The digging of a ditch seemed like great exercise and when he looked into the idea of using digging holes as exercise, it turned out it was an actual training method.

Danny: So, Danny was in the backyard, digging. A hole. As deep as he could make it, only to fill it back up again.

Sue: Sue finally found Danny in the yard, she watched him for a little while then headed over to him, "Hey Danny... sorry for just vanishing earlier."

Danny: He looked up and wiped sweat away from his brow. "Oh, it's fine." he chirped up to her from the pit. "I got some time to entertian some of the younger reugees. Unfortunately, most of our own students didn't seem interested in speaking with me."

Danny: He shrugged and continued digging. "I'm getting a strong vibe that people don't like me. I don't know what I did wrong... I believe it's my sense of self and overly-polite, severely-non-western behaviors..."

Sue: "Yeah... a lot of people think you're weird... sorry..." she sat down on the edge of the hole and gave him an apologetic look, "I don't know what to do to fix that..."

Danny: He stared at her with confusion. "I'm not sure if that's really your problem to fix... In fact I would assume it's mine."

Sue: "Well... I'm supposed to be helping you aren't I? Apparently I'm bad at that."

Danny: "You've done fine, so far. Don't sweat it." He began to whistle while he continued his shoveling. "Watch out, I don't wanna hit you, when I fling dirt out."

Sue: "I'll be alright..." and she was stalling. Horribly. But she wasn't sure she wanted to discuss this when he was holding a heavy blunt object...

Danny: "So... how was Marrina? Is she okay now?"

Sue: "Yeah she's alright... she was just getting stressed out with all the people around so I took her out for a walk to the lake..."

Danny: "How nice of you." He hit a rock and grumbled about how his Master would be cackling at him right now. He could hear him in his head, 'HA! You dig hole while woman talk your ear off! How funny! Torture training! I LIKE!' He never understood relationships.

Danny: That's why he forbade them.

Sue: "Yeah... she's back in our room now..." she needed to get the subject off Marrina somehow.... but not with the subject she needed to talk about... but it needed to be something that would seem organic. Damn this was hard!

Danny: "Good." he stopped and looked up to her for a moment, taking a quick breather. "How was the rest of your day?"

Sue: "It was... okay I guess... it's hard to get a moment to yourself around here now though what with all the refugees and everything..." she sighed, running a hand through her hair, "How about you?"

Danny: He looked at his shovel and then at her. He shrugged. "Tasking. But I'm well, and the day has been the same."

Sue: She smiled a little, "That's good." she took a deep breath and let it out in a long sigh. "Danny... I need to talk to you..."

Danny: "Okay." He said happily. "Do I need to get out of the hole?"

Sue: "Um... probably.... leave the shovel in there...."

Danny: He looked to the shovel and shrugged again. In two quick movements, he leapt against the walls bouncing off them, ascending to the top.

Danny: He landed at Sue's feet and smiled at her. "So, ...what's wrong?"

Sue: She chewed her lip and took his hand between hers, looking at it for a moment before speaking, "I need to tell you some stuff... but before I do that I need to explain myself..." she glanced up at him.

Danny: He felt his stomach churn and his heart leap out of his throat. He was about to get really bad news. He had never been told really bad news before... the worst thing that had ever happened to him was his parents death.

Danny: And he was too young to have that news broken to him. He was instead raised with that knowledge. He only had anger for the murderers, barely sadness for parents he never knew. Frustration took that slot in his heart. Frustration for never having parents.

Danny: Parents who could have helped him through whatever it was she was about to say to him. "... I'm not sure I want to hear this."

Sue: She sighed, "Well I need to tell you so... yeah... I'm just going to say it.... and there's really no way to say this next bit without it sounding awful but it's not as bad as it sounds... well it is... kind of... and I'm babbling..." She scrubbed her face with her hands.

Sue: "Okay... so.... I... I've had... like... a lot of boyfriends... and I'm not a slut or anything.... I just... it doesn't ever... work out..."

Danny: He felt his face scrunch up, unsure of what she was saying or where she was getting at. "... I thought I was different?"

Sue: She sighed again, "I thought so too... or hoped..." she chewed her lip and looked down at her hand holding his and gave it a squeeze. "I like you Danny... I really do... but I think I'm working out what was so wrong about all those other guys...."

Danny: "... They weren't me?" He asked hopefully.

Sue: She bowed her head onto his shoulder, "No... that's not it... but I wish it was..." ugh this was awful. Just say it and then you can run away. "I think the problem was that they were guys... I think I might like girls..."

Danny: Danny stopped sulking and looked to her. He burst out laughing.

Sue: She lifted her head to look at him, "What?"

Danny: He pulled a tear from his eye. "You had me so scared... I've never experienced any kind of actual fear beore, or sadness. Pain from losing someone? None of it. You really had me." He laughed harder and clapped her on the back. "Thank you."

Sue: She oofed and blinked him, "I don't get it.... what's the joke?"

Danny: "You like girls! Funny! I mean, maybe I'd believe it if... wait..." He felt his jaw drop. "What are you saying?"

Sue: "Uh..." she felt herself turn invisible, "I think I might like girls....?"

Danny: He realized, for a brief moment, that he didn't understand girls. Then he realized he just didn't understand western relationships. "More than me?" He asked.

Sue: "Well... more than guys..." she didn't know how else to explain this.

Danny: "But... I don't... the sex!?"

Danny: "I gave my heart... my... self. I let my guard completely down, I revealed to you my secrets, my failures... I... I'm not saying you're wrong... But I do not see what went wrong."

Sue: She put her face in her hands, "It's not you, Danny... it's me, okay? I'm sorry..."

Danny: "You shouldn't be. It is your decision, it is who you are. I am the one who is sorry, I led myself on not seeing it and I was unsupportive of you just a moment ago when you tried to be honest with me." He turned to her and leapt back into the hole. "Good day, Susan."

Sue: She sighed, "Okay... bye...I'm sorry Danny.... I hope we can still be friends...."

Danny: He began to dig into the Earth. He kept his composure as she spoke to him, but something about the word friends. He dropped to his knees and as his fists became proportionate to blocks of iron, he began to slam into the dirt, punching his hole deeper. "Urf! Huff! URGH! ARRRGH!" He bellowed as he smashed.

Danny: When he was done, or felt as he was done, he rested his head against the wall of the hole and felt, for the first time since he was a small child, a rush of tears.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Danny is so heartbroken after this... I gotta do a follow up soon.

Hes gonna need to know the wonders of depression-drinking.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Let's just hope he doesn't take it out on Max's training.