The Hand of The Beast

Timelined fics featuring our current students and others.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

The Hand of The Beast

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:32 am

Danny entered the abandoned subway tunnel from the random crumbled ceiling. He had found it with Jess a day earlier. That morning, when they returned, he asked her out on a date. Now he wasn't so sure that was the best idea. He had left three notes on his pillow, one to his room mate Doug, one for Sue & Johnny, the other for Jess. They explained what he had done, how he felt towards them, and how appreciative he was of having known them.

The letters also said good bye.

He flicked on his light and peered into the dark as the beam shined brightly down the tunnel. Gotcha.

He crept along the now rotten, broken railroad of the abandoned subway line and side stepped over pooling water or gaping holes leading to... well God knew where. The dank, dark, tunnel had swinging electric lights, most of them either hardly working or not at all. The flickering was a nice touch, something out of a real horror movie or something. He smiled as he thought of Jess telling him to be careful.

He approached the section of the tunnel he and Jess had found before. It was another gaping hole, this time in the side wall. He could smell fire, camp fires he assumed. He turned off his flashlight, abandoned it even, wrapped some tightened bandages around his wrists and some of his kunckles, and placed his knee braces on. He threw his backpack aside as well, figuring if he made it, he would come back this way for it. He knew they moved from tunnel to tunnel, now it was a matter of finding out which one they were in toni--

A katana sliced in the air behind him, singing as the blade cut through the air, and made its way down Danny's back. He was able to leap forward, tumbling away just in enough time that the blade only caught fabric.

"You stupidly returned... we gave you a chance to abandon your silly quest. Now you must die." The voice from nowhere said. He couldn't see his foes, his attackers. They were gone.

He stood, his energy flowing in his fists as well as his anger. They glowed brightly as he grit his teeth. "Come on! Show yourself!" With that, a large club whapped him in the back of the head.

-------------

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: The Hand of The Beast

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:25 am

Danny awoke with a snap of his neck as he startled himself awake. He was bound, but otherwise fine. Well, the back of his head hurt. But not tremendously so. He closed his eyes, shook off what might have been a concussion, and tried to stand up, only getting as far as his knees. It was then that he realized that he was in the center of a large circle.

The circle was composed of people. Men. Ninja.
The Hand.

"You are all cowards, all of you. Dishonorable, each of you. I will break these bonds and -"

"Shut up, Daniel." A voice from the back of the dark cavern shouted. The figure who the voice came from stepped forward.

"You are a weak, petty, inferior warrior who thinks the world of his virtuous mission. You have no idea how selfish you really are, Daniel Rand." He chuckled and as he stepped into the light, what little there was from the torches on the wall, his size was immediately the first thing Danny noticed. He was not only tall, but thick. Not just muscular, but almost impenetrably so. His shadows had shadows.

"You think your sticks-and-stones remarks are going to force me to ... to what? Snap and come after you? Fight with zero consideration for any of my training? My whole life has brought me to this point." Danny spat at the supposed leader's feet. "That life is because of you. So you could argue... you brought this on yourself."

The man laughed. The Ninja laughed. Everyone but Danny was laughing.
When the large warrior was done laughing, he brought it down to a chuckle and wiped a faux-tear from his eye.

"You don't understand, we're not giving you an option to fight us. We've had it with your impossibly stupid mission to avenge your parents, and maybe those who were also destroyed doing the work of The Beast." The man took a knife from his pocket and grabbed Danny by his hair.
Danny grit as he pulled his strands, literally yanking on his scalp and forcing Danny to stand before him.

"And now, Iron Fist, I will cut your throat and be done with you..." He said. "Look into my eyes, Rand. For I am The Beast. The ever-present leader and force behind the Hand. And not you or anyone can ever destroy me." He chuckled as he raised the knife to Danny's throat.