5/30 Instance: Theories

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

DrMcCoy: Hank straightened up from the medlab's computer monitor. The results were the same. Maddening, but the same. He sighed and turned to his patient, thinking.

Wolfsbane: Rahne stood at ease, it was a subconcious thing now, feeling a little nervous. She'd never been too keen on the lab, and it kinda reminded her of the laboratories back ... there.

Wolfsbane: She tried to smile at Hank, he was smelling a little agitated That can't be a good sign "Well? Foun' ou' wha's wron' wit' me yet, sir?"

Wolfsbane: It's all gonna be okay, he's really, really smart and he wants to help you, you'll be yourself in no time, Wols-Rahne!

DrMcCoy: "There are still some avenues I'd like to pursue, Ms. Sinclair," he said, looking up at her. He just managed to return the smile. It was more than a little unnerving, and resembled a fangy grimace.

DrMcCoy: Knowing she could probably smell his discomfort, he worked up a better smile. "As you know, I've run all the standard tests on you, and some not-so-standard ones.... your blood work is normal. I see no reason to re-run that spread."

Wolfsbane: Rahne's tail and ears drooped a little "S' .. it's nae tha blood? Err ... 'kay ... wha' 'bout tha o'er tests?"

Wolfsbane: She wraped on ar around her torso sefl-conciously "Wha' 'bout tha o'er tests ... that showin' wha's wron' wit' me ... wy i'm stuck like this?"

DrMcCoy: "No...honestly, I think we can rule out the blood." He took off his glasses and cleaned them absently, wracking his brain, which wasn't functioning too well after spending the night working.

DrMcCoy: Bluntness would not help Rahne in her present situation though. "There are other sources to mutational abnormalities than simply in the blood. There can be physical impediments, which is why we also performed the magnetic resonance imaging."

Wolfsbane: The brain scan? Rahne nodded "Aye ... did tha show anythin' wron' wit' me?"

DrMcCoy: "The results were fascinating - your brain anatomically seems to be a perfect fusion of human and wolf..." he trailed off, his enthusiasm waning. "But, I'm afraid it doesn't show anything wrong per se."

Wolfsbane: " ... Wha'?" Rahne blinked, ears down by the side of her head "Bu' .. bu' ... how cane naethin' be wron'? LOOK at me!" She held her arms open in demonstration.

Wolfsbane: "Wha' 'bout tha o'er tests!?" she demanded, her voice taking on an angry, snarling tone "Tha' gotta show s'methin's wron'! An' once ye know wha's wron' then ye'd know how t' fix it!"

DrMcCoy: "Now.... Ms. Sinclair - Rahne - there are still options we can look into." Hank blinked, determined to blank his mind of his instant fear. She did look quite terrifying angry.

DrMcCoy: "I've run every test at my immediate disposal on you, but to be perfectly honest, I've yet to find anything physically wrong with you."

Wolfsbane: He'sscaredwhyishescaredofmeheshouldntbescaredi'mnotscarey Rahne brought her hand up to her mouth and started to tug the fur on it with her teeth "Physically wron'!? NOTHIN' physically WRON'!" She started to pace "Nothin' physically wron' ... I'm stuck like THIS!" i'mshakingwhyamishakingSTOPshaking!!

Wolfsbane: "I'm ..." she pulled her hand away and clenched it into a fist at her side, digging her claws in "Wha' o'er tests can ye d'!?" she demended "Tha's gotta be s'methin' ye can do!! Ye a fuckin' DOCTOR!!"

DrMcCoy: "Rahne, I understand you're upset, but we'll get a lot closer to understanding what is wrong if you stay calm, my dear." He suppressed the last of his fear. Get a grip, McCoy.

DrMcCoy: Her reactions... he was triggering her anger, and her obsessive, unconscious hair pulling. "I've got a call in to an old friend, for suggestions on other tests I can perform. There are simple variants I can run on the data... this will simply take time. And, may I suggest to make an appointment with Dr. Guan? She may be able to assist as well."

Wolfsbane: Rahne paced, still tugging out the hair from her hands and arms "Bu' ... bu' ... wha' 'm I men' t' d' in tha meantime!?" She growled out, her eyes wild.

Wolfsbane: "I ... how lon's it gonna take," her free hand was clenched into a fist stucklikethistrappedohnononothisisn'tME

DrMcCoy: "It's difficult to put a time frame on such work," he hedged, going to Rahne and trying to stop her wild animal pacing. "Please, dear, let's sit down?"

Wolfsbane: Sit mutt ... good girl, now beg! Rahne shivered and shook her head, backing away from Hank "P-Please ..." she whined pitifulyy "Please ... y' gotta make me well 'gain ... make m' normal ... please ..."

DrMcCoy: It was heartbreaking, and Hank knew he'd never been good at reassurance. "We're all trying our best to do just that, Rahne."

Wolfsbane: Notmenttobethiswaynotmenttobethisway "Bu' ... bu' wha' ..."

Wolfsbane: Ocelot's voice came back to her "Oh poor puppy, y' believe in God doncha? Well ... wy d' ya think God made ya this way then?"

Wolfsbane: Nononoit'snottrue - "Ya a monster, beautiful, a freak, God made people like you to show all the other fuck-ups that 'hey, it's not so bad, at least i'm not a fuckin' monster like that mutant werwolf" - nottrueit'sNOT!

Wolfsbane: She put both hands to the side of her head, claws digging into the skin Nonotgonnathinkofhimhe'sDEADhe'snotwatchingyou! "Tryin' ye bes'!?"

Wolfsbane: Oh God ... she wanted to cry, she'd always felt better after crying.

DrMcCoy: Hank approached her again. She was having some sort of internal conflict, that much he could tell... and he had been briefed on her behavior the day they'd brought her home. "Rahne, please.... I want you to take deep breathes - no matter what you're feeling right now, you must believe we're all here to help you...."

DrMcCoy: Healing abilities or not, she was going to injure herself at this rate. He reached up and gently took her wrists, trying to stop the clawing.

Wolfsbane: "Help m' ..." Rahne shook her head "Helpm'helpm' ..." She felt hands on her wrist pinninghertothefloorbloodrunningdownherfaceohnonopleaseno! She twisted her hands around and grabbed the man's wrists, forcing him away from her "D'N'T TOUCH ME!!" she roared.

Wolfsbane: She shook her head "No! ... Please ... 'm s'rry ... I ... I-I-I cannae ... b' this way ... 's not me..." she looked up at Hank blueeyesicublueeyesinthesnowwatchingherfromhell "STOP lookin' at me!" She shrieked, backing away.

DrMcCoy: Hank stumbled back a few steps. Stars she's strong! He rubbed at his wrists, realizing he didn't dare to touch her again even as she backed away. "I know this isn't you, dear.... we'll figure this out. No problem is completely insurmountable."

DrMcCoy: He averted his eyes from hers at the last outburst, realizing her wolf brain may be taking his eye contact as agression. Dear Lord, I hardly want to imply that...

Wolfsbane: "Wha' am I gonna do!? Wha am I gonna do! Don'tscaretheniceman "Tha ... that o'er tests ... tha'll fix me aye? Show ye wha's wron' s' ye can fix me..." she was shaking so badly "Oh God .. nae ... nae i'm nae a monster, nae like him ... bu' I ... blood everywhere, on m' han's ... wasn't m' ... nae'er d' tha'..."

Wolfsbane: "Coul'n't ..."

Wolfsbane: She let out a sudden roar and spun around, punching the wall behind her, crackling the tiles and plaster "Bu' even if I did!? Why nae, eh? Fucker had it commin' ... an' now he's dead! Dead! Dead fer his sins an' n'w i'm payin' fer mine!"

DrMcCoy: "R-Rahne..." Hank cursed the tremor in his voice, but this was well beyond him. He needed Dai in here, or Charles. Or Kurt. All of them. "You are not paying any price for anything... there is an explanation for this... I just don't believe it's a physical one. Again, I must insist you visit Dr. Guan - I can make the appointment for you as soon as possible. You know, Dr. Xavier wants to help you as well. He may be able to provide some insight..." he babbled.

Wolfsbane: "Help m'?" Rahne whimpered, covering her head in her arms "Who c'n help m'? If i'm nae men' t' b' like this then why 'm I trapped ...?"

Wolfsbane: "Ye ... ye gotta have s'me idea? Mebby? Please?" She implored him.

DrMcCoy: Hank left off his babbling at the broken tone in her eerily deep voice. He sighed, deciding to level with her. "There is a possibility that the reason I'm not finding anything wrong with you is because there is nothing wrong with you. You may indeed be meant to be like this. It could be the next natural step in your mutation."

Wolfsbane: Rahne froze, it felt like her heart had stopped beating, and the maelstrom of emotions whirling in her head paused.

Wolfsbane: Meant to be like this ... next natural step in your mutation?

Wolfsbane: She looked down at her hand, feeling the terror and horror rising as every single whispered word and thundering insult came back to her changeling ... hellspawn ... demon ... monster

Wolfsbane: "Nae ..." Rahne looked up at Hank, her eyes burning "Nae ... nae ... I .. cannae ... I" She looked down at herself. No ... No! This wasn't her!

Wolfsbane: "I'm ... I'm Rahne Sinclair ..." she whined "I ... i'm a girl ... a-a girl ... kinda plain-lookin' wit' lon' red hair an' green eyes an' a wee bit o' pu-puppy fat still."

Wolfsbane: "I'm ... I ..." she held her hands up to her face "I ... play guitar ... an' drums ... I like singin' ... have a good voice ... I'm ... jus' a ... girl ..."

Wolfsbane: "This ... this ain't me ... ye see tha' aye?" She pleaded "I'm ... I'm nae a ... a freak wit' a man's body an' voice wit' a wolf's head bu' tha min' an' sex o' a girl ... nae ..."

DrMcCoy: Well, leveling had clearly been the wrong move. "My dear... this is just a theory. There are still other possibilities. But, at any rate, the person you are remains unchanged. You are still that girl, in large, no matter your outward appearance." And whatever changes her changed brain anatomy inferred, but he didn't need to tell her that.

Wolfsbane: Rahne took a deep breath CalmdownWolfsbane "Well ... wha o'er tests ye need t' run then, sir?" he asked in a flat voice.

DrMcCoy: Hank went to the table, shuffling through papers. "Well, as I said I have a call in to a colleague, and I'm still running a DNA analysis...those take a titch longer than some of the other tests I've performed. We'll keep at this, I promise, until I can give you better than a theory."

Wolfsbane: Rahne looked down at the floor, catching sight of the dog-tag around her wrist as she did so. It glimmered, catching the light Stoplaughingatme.

Wolfsbane: "Than ... than' ye sir ... tha anythin' else ye need fr'm me ..." She continued in that flat voice.

Wolfsbane: At his shaking of his head Rahne closed her eyes meant to be this way "Yes sir ... I ... I'll jus' go now aye? L-Leave ye in peace ..." meanttobethiswaymeanttobethisway she made her way to the door and before she walked out she stopped.

Wolfsbane: Half turning she said blankly "S-s'rry fer ... fer freakin' ou' like tha ... I'm nae- I d'n ..." she closed her eyes meanttobethiswayyouramonsterbeautifuljustlikeme "s'rry ..."

DrMcCoy: "Child, it's not your fault-" Hank looked up and sighed. She was gone.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Aww. Poor puppy. Don't judge a book by its cover! :*(

Good job guys! Cool Dr. Hank!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Aww poor Rahne!! :( :(
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

DrMcCoy: Hank left off his babbling at the broken tone in her eerily deep voice. He sighed, deciding to level with her. "There is a possibility that the reason I'm not finding anything wrong with you is because there is nothing wrong with you. You may indeed be meant to be like this. It could be the next natural step in your mutation."
Funny, that's exactly what he said to Tom, and look what happened to him!
Looks like Xavier's is turning into Anthrocon.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by steyn

Looks like Xavier's is turning into Anthrocon.
NO FURRIES!!! :yell:yell:yell
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

LOL!