8/15 Instance: Playing with Annie

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Timeline after Shadows

Annie sat happily with a cup of tea, doing a crossword puzzle. It had thankfully been ages since she'd been approached with anything beyond a slight cut or burn. It was very satisfying after last year.

She looked up as Warren and Lizzie wandered in. "Well Hello! You are both looking well." He put her pen down. "I hope you haven't shut your wing in something again, Warren."

Warren opened his mouth, then closed it. "Ah, no," he said distractedly. "No, my wing's not our problem."

He directed Elizabeth to sit on the nearest table, apparently assisting her.

"Thank you, darling," she smiled gooily at him and settled herself on the table, leaning over to hold his hand.

She looked back and forth, confused. "So, its you Lizzie? Your headaches aren't getting bad again, are they?"

"Yeah, well no, it's me but I'm not having headaches...Maybe a little sickly feeling...In the morning," she beamed.

"Oh?" Her brows dipped. "And just how long has this been going on?"

The Fallen's concerned frown wavered for a moment, then he looked up at Annie. "Ah... a month. We didn't realize, because she has a strict exercise regimen, and she thought the nausea was just stress..."

She let her head fall forward into her hands. Oh, what was she going to do? This had to be some sort of record. Thirty something students and four out of those end up being parents? She was going to set a campus record. "I see." she said faintly. She supposed she shouldn't get ahead of herself, but from the way that they were acting...

"Yeah...But, it gets to a point and..." Looking up at Warren, she smiled. "It can't be nothing," she seemed to absently pat her abdomen.

"So have you done a test?" she fixed Warren with a glare. "Mr. Worthington, I have seen fit to supply you with an avalanche of preventative methods. Did you not see fit to employ them?"

Warren looked abashed and resentful at the same time. "Well... it wasn't anywhere near her last period... and it was kind of spontaneous..."

"Yeah...Spontaneous is definitely one word for it," she gave him a discreet elbow to the ribs. "But, yeah. I thought it would be alright and my period is a little late so I didn't really think anything of it."

"You know with all the education that I've offered, you'd think that you'd both know better than this." She sighed. "Well first things first. You should pee in this." She handed Lizzie a cup. "Have both of you decided what to do if you are pregnant? You seem close...but this is a big step."

Oh shit. Lizzie stared at the cup. "I don't need to go..."

* TheFallen hesitated, oops, then took a deep breath. "Annie, do you know if the baby... is it going to have wings? How is she going to deliver it? Will she need a C-section? What if it has claws and rips up her inside? Or breathes fire?"

she muttered in a privet telepathic message.

She looked pained. "Well, there are of course some concerns that way. I was worried about the wings myself. As it takes oxygen to make fire, and there is considerable...mucus...I don't think that fire is the problem."

"When did you develop your appearance Warren? Was it from birth?"

"No, but... I'm a 'first-generation' mutant, if you will... the change is complete, isn't it? Talia's baby's blue! What are we supposed to do about the wings?!" He seemed to be hyperventilating.

"You're not the one that has to give birth to it!" Lizzie squeaked. "Like...That'd tear wouldn't it? Ooooh, I'm too skinny for a baby anyway...Six months in I'll fall over."

She plunked a cup of tea in front of Lizzie. "Store up dear. Given enough time, we'll get something out of you. I have a whole pot." She left the small paper cup beside Lizzie as well. "And we'll just have to take it a step at a time. You may think you are thin, but trust me, you can carry a baby just fine." She leaned forward and gave Lizzie's hand a pat. "And if need be, we can arrange for a c-section."

She glanced at Warren. "And I suppose you'll just have to manage as well. You could ask Remy for some advice if you want."

Sighing, Lizzie drank her tea. She'd let Annie flap a bit but they did need a way...Looking down into her cup she grinned smugly and took a sip.

"Would a c-section scar? And you'd tell if the baby had wings from a scan, right?"

"Yes on both. Of course you won't be able to tell until the baby is a bit older...probably 14 to 16 weeks of age, about the whole wing situation."

"Right now, if you are only a week or so late, your baby wouldn't even have a heart beat yet."

"Well...I ave been feeling ill for a while, so that's something else, maybe?" she chewed her lip and sipped some more tea.

Warren made a noncommittal noise, silently.

"I still don't see how you two..." she gave them both looks. They both had a thing with thier parents didn't they? "Was this a planned 'accident'. You both strike me as more cautious than this." She took a long sip of tea. "I'm really not sure what Charles will say to all this."

"Well I've never, ever wanted children. Never wanted to pass on my - *ulp* - excuse me, addictions."

"And I've never wanted to pass on my... excuse me, features."

She looked from one of them to another. "So are you keeping it then? Or do you want to look at other options?"

"Well, I don't think *ULP* I could face an abortion..." she looked at Warren then burped again. "Oh excuse me!"

"That...Does feel better though..."

She gave Lizzie an odd look. "OK. Well. There's always adoption as well..."

"Oh. Yes. Because people would cue up to adopt a mutant. Just because I said I never wanted them before...Oh and my stomach does really feel better now.."

* TheFallen shook his head. "I don't think adoption is an option." He looked querulously at Elizabeth. "Are you planning to burp it out, dear?"

She was completely perplexed. "Well...we'll find a way....what are you two going on about?"

"I don't feel sick and weird as much now," she shifted on the bench. "And...eh. Well, not sick as such...More like...crampy, now?"

Warren looked at Annie, brow furrowed. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Is this normal behavior for pregnant women?"

She folded her arms and looked from one to the other. "Are you going to pee in that cup for me Elizabeth? Or is it necessary?"

"Well...I dunno. I'm not a nurse...Why I'm here talking to you..."

"Then off to the washroom with you. We can be patient. Take all the time you need."

* TheFallen smirked to himself.

"Well I don't see why - I said I feel okay now. It just feels like cramps..." she fluttered her eyelashes. "I guess..."

She gave her a look. "Well if you are sure..." She looked to Warren. "If there are any further complications, I expect you both back in my office in a few days."

She drained her tea cup, holding it out. "Would you mind doing me a favor?"

"What sort of favor...?"

She smiled sweetly at the two of them. "Well, its been brought to my attention that there are two new students here that I haven't had an opportunity to speak with yet." She pressed a box into each of their hands. "If you'd be so kind...I'm sure a student mentorship sort of thing would work very well."

Warren blinked, then raised an eyebrow archly. "Well, this is a new one. I suppose we can't recuse ourselves as allegedly poor role models?"

"Well. It's best to be safe," Lizzie took the box and looked around for a spare. "It's easy to be paranoid after all..."

"Well, you know the saying. Once bitten twice shy." She gave them another smile. "I'm sure that they'd much rather hear about proper condom use from you two than an old lady like me. You could make it fun! Be sure to demonstrate the proper way to place one." She tittered. "Though not on you dear." She said to Warren. "Mind you, kids these days.."

"We used a cucumber back in school..." Lizzie mused thoughtfully as she pocketed her box. "And Warren isn't good with them anyway. The claws aren't agreeable..."

* TheFallen smirked. Hopefully that image would occupy Annie for a while.

"Well look at it as a team effort then. I'm sure Rogue and Tessa will appreciate your efforts."

She gave him a thoughtful look. "Yes, I'd imagine so. Ah well. I'm sure you two are very creative.

Her mind cast back to the first year when Annie cleaned her stash out. "Oh Annie...You know that I'm creative," she winked suggestively.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Okay, clearly that joke blew up in their faces.