Jubilee - Yes I'm Serious.

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

If there's one character no one knows enough about, or knows only faulty non-canon information about, it's Marvel's Jubilee. Most of us don't want to spend the time to know more about her. Because, lets face it... She shoots sparklers for a mutant ability.

That's good for like... what? Two minutes of distraction?

But come on. It's Marvel. And they spoon fed this character to us as a central one during the entire 90's Animated Series. So at some point she had to really... y'know?... Blow something up. Show off her stuff....
Right?

.... RIGHT?!?

Does anyone know whether or not this character has had any value to Marvel canon, aside from the push in the early nineties due to the series?

[Edited on 4/8/09 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

All I can say about her is....bright yellow coat.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

And pink sunglasses.
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

I'm actually fond of her, mostly because of bright yellow coat (yellow is my favorite color). I like her powers and her attitude.

But isn't she also quite close to Wolverine?
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That's the thing... all of those are a product of the show.

She was created, really, for the TV show. To attract younger female audiences to what is arguably a boy-ish fad, comic heroes.

So what I'm wondering is simply.... where did she go after that? Besides the fondness of her clothing style, can anyoen cite *anything* she has ever done?
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Ult_Sm86 wrote: So what I'm wondering is simply.... where did she go after that?

Besides the fondness of her clothing style, can anyoen cite *anything* she has ever done?
Generation X.

What do you mean by "done"? She was in the X-Men, using her powers to fight crime or whatever, just like the rest of them. Do you mean character development?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I wasn't into all the Genosha stuff but I remember her being there back in the Cameron Hodge-turning-Rahne-into-a-mutate days. You're right, though, I don't remember WHAT she did that was impressive. But the whole series kinda wore me into a stupor, so that might be the cause of the memory hole. :)
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well, I meant more along the lines of.... I haven't seen head or tail of her since Chuck Austen killed that dude on the X-Men's front yard, and M was all bawling and crying. Magma too.

That is literally the last I've seen of her. I'm sure she's been around but... where? WHat is she up to? What team is she on? Did she lose her powers after M-Day?
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

i think this was an AU but didnt she get her own mini-series?
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

Ult_Sm86 wrote: What team is she on? Did she lose her powers after M-Day?
I'm pretty sure yes....I kind of remember reading it in Decimation...she was reminiscing about the good old days of being a superpowered mall rat instead of a washed up former hero...maybe someone else remembers better.

But according to this, it seems she is soon to get powers of a different kind.
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

from what I've gathered the only thing I've ever seen her do anything remotely interesting was in the amalgam universe where she's "Sparrow" basically a female robin, but then again I don't have money to buy comics so I only know from wiki pages and marvel.com
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Ais_Kelor
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ais_Kelor »

i looked it up

here:
http://marvel.com/universe/Jubilee

hope this helps
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Thanks for the help, Ais_Kelor!

{Betcha neling will blow her stack when she sees the reference to Nightcrawler's father. :shifty}

OT -- Have you hit the Welcome Forum yet? I'd love to "meet" you properly (altho I'm not one of the extremely active members here.)
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Elfdame wrote:Thanks for the help, Ais_Kelor!

{Betcha neling will blow her stack when she sees the reference to Nightcrawler's father. :shifty}
I already knew about it. I read that series in the library, so I wouldn't have to buy it and contaminate my pristine Azz-less collection.

Kurt spent the entire arc naked and Jubilee stared at his private parts.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Ais_Kelor
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ais_Kelor »

did you really have to make a comment? I was assisting a fellow member, and You had to coem off as rude about it. If these were not your intentions, then I am sorry.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

No worries, Ais, neling & I were being funny. She has a long-standing aversion to the whole Draco idea (good for her), and I knew that if she read the quasi-official Marvel summary of Jubilee, she would see them say that Azazel the Demon was Kurt's dad. And then make gagging noises and stuff. :D

We do appreciate your posting the link. And we don't hold it against you that Marvel stupidly insists on including this on their site:
Jubilee was one of the few to survive, thanks to the X-Man Archangel's newfound healing ability, and she rejoined the X-Men, adventuring with them against the threat of Nightcrawler's father, Azazel.
(emphasis mine).

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I don't see how your comment (or anyones) was inflammatory at all, however I will note that Jubilee is going to be back in action soon. Looks like she got sick of (or jealous??? :smirk ) not having any powers, so she got bitten up by a vampire (probably Morbius) and is now a Vampire. Aaaaand, it looks like Blade is not too keen on that.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Ais_Kelor wrote:did you really have to make a comment? I was assisting a fellow member, and You had to coem off as rude about it. If these were not your intentions, then I am sorry.
:? Are you speaking to me?

I fail to see how that is rude. In any case, I was responding to my friend Elfdame, not you.

Also, what I said was true. In Uncanny #431, Kurt asks for clothes, as he is naked, and Jubilee (who is indeed staring at his private parts) asks "Why?"

Have you read the book? It is all there in black and white and blue.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I sincerely feel I made a comment here and it was taken out, tho none of the Mods can seem to agree with me.
I think I stated something along the lines of "Of Course Neling knows, she's Neling....". I think that's what he was responding to, though the comment appears to have apparated away.
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

:shifty Okay I've looked through marvel.com more and noticed that jubilee somewhere in some comic is a LOT more bitchin that she seems, From everything I've ever seen of her outside what I read on marvel.com make her seem COMPLETELY useless
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Thank you Elfdame and Ult_Sm86 for bamfing to my defense. I still can't see what was rude about my post, but, oh well.......

As for Jubilee:

She blows a mean bubblegum bubble. :)