Uncanny costumes!

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Dark Bamf »

Originally posted by Bamfette
Originally posted by Bamfman86
i hope they give him good swords, not dinky little peter pan swords, no no, i mean like, Link swords, like small, but fast, and thins but sharp. Anyone seen 13th warrior. A bit like that.
nighty has *always* used rapiers, and sabers/cutlass', so he'll get one of those, in true swashbuckler fashion. probably a trio of sabers if he gets swords, since those are more 'deadly' looking than rapiers sicne they have a definate edge to them.

like so: http://www.medieval-weaponry.com/en-us/dept_294.html

i am thinking something along the lines of the top cutlass.. it's his colours and everything :)

of course there is always the distinct possibility they could go for rapiers, since it is m ore 'romantic' and swashbuckler. but i don't think Garney is the kinda guy to go for a complex hilt design which is most of the artistic appeal of a rapier.

http://www.medieval-weaponry.com/en-us/dept_525.html
http://www.medieval-weaponry.com/en-us/dept_522.html
I always preferred rapiers or epees myself, though when I learned to fence foils were all that were available to the class. Cutlasses are great if you want a piratical look, but for me, rapiers are the classic, classy blades. :D

:bamf:
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Nightcrawler13
Lubber
Lubber

New X-Artist Kia Asamiya's take on Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler13 »

BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BamfKat »

Could be worse... Could be manga. :rolleyes:

I hope he can do another expression... Nighty looks constipated as hell in that one, and why does no one have him stand up strait anymore? :?

At least I like it better than Phillips'. He doesn't look like victem of Aquanet-Girl... :D
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BlueJubatus »

yea...but sabers are more fun:):P
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny costumes!

Post by ahmed »

guess people think he looks more like an agile mutant that way... :?

Does look cooler, though.
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

well the costume is not much different than it was before, and i like the colour change for 2 reasons 1) red abd black are Kurts colours and 2) who is the only other character to have a lot of red on his costume? Archangel. who is the leader of the team? Archangel. if red = leadership, what does that mean? Kurt is one of the leaders. this may not hold true if say, Husk shows up in all red, but Bobby is wearing purple (and looks damn fine in it), Northstar is wearing black and white (tho the colourist goofed and forgot to colour the starburst pattern on his side....) so it could be they are simply returning to the colours of thier original costumes, if a different design. Archagel's was black and red at first as well. then red and white.

so, overall i like Kurts *costume* Kurt himself... :ick: and Archangel's costume is just weird.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BAMFCentral »

I did find it interesting that Garney was complaining about the Churchill costumes, and was have all seen his redesigns, but then we move further down the line and Kurt has gone back to the original Churchill Design. With the addition of some color changes.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

i know, i found that weird too :p Garney never seemed interested in actually drawing the Churchill designs before, why now? i mean, besides the colours, the only change is the fact that the shoulders of his costume are now seperate, giving the slightest hint of the old pointy shoulderpads....
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

allright. if yer like me and some others, you may have been distracted by the style of drawing and not been able to judge the new *costume* fairly. so i did this - i took the old monument drawing and re-coloured it.

now compare with the Churchill colours

now, judging on colours only, not style of drawing, which costume does everyone like best?
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny costumes!

Post by little Blue Lucy »

I like the first one best!
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny costumes!

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

the red is a nice addition... I do hope that Kurt doesn't end up looking that anorexic... It looks unhealthy and I know that we all want our elf to look healthy... or at least decently fed.
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Fuzzball
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Fuzzball »

Kurt definitely needs doughnuts for medicinal purposes- usually I just say that about the squeaker sororities at my university....

It looks like that thing around his middle is some kind of male girdle. If we popped it of, he might stop looking so squeezed out:D

And other than that, his face is messed up. Boy just ain't right.

What is the deal with Archangel's wings? It seems like they would need to be quite a bit bigger to support all that weight. I mean, an albatross weighs not even forty pounds, but they have 10-foot wingspans. I'm not saying they have to go up in scale, but it would look less strange, to me anyway, if they were larger. And I agree on the point of Warren's strength being as the business end of the team. His power is becoming more intellectual and tactical, and I like to see that reflected in his appearance. I think it adds a neat facet to the appearance of the team and the flow of the storylines, as in the recent one with the Vanisher.

I don't know. I am less than astounded by these new costumes. I don't care what the style is called, or what influenced it. It seems out of line with the characters, and out of line with what the readers are looking for. Does anyone else remember the anime series that got started up, and sort of disappeared? It was in the last year or two.

Oz
LoneWolf21
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny costumes!

Post by LoneWolf21 »

I kind of like the new stuff, although I've been reading manga a lot lately (although nothing by Asamiya, mostly Rumiko Takahashi, Slayrs, and the occasional Akira Toriyama manga).

As for Warren, I think it looks pretty good the outfit and the hair kind of add to the "Angel" motif, really. I almost expect him to start weilding a sword and shield.

Kurt, well I agree he looks skinny, but he almost looks more agile, for some reason, and I hink the priest collar is gone now (whch makes sense, since whatever plot Casey had planned for it probbly won't happen now anyway)

No real comments on Bobby and Wolverine though. Same with Juggy.

I like Husk's look though.

And as for Northstar, well it was obviously designed for speed and sleekness in mind, whch is a good idea, although it reminds me of Cannonball's original "graduation" uniform (which I think was designed by Art Adams) from Claremont's New Mutants ( http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/newmu ... ants54.jpg
and http://bsc.edu/~bassaf/longshot/covers/ux@10.jpg for reference pictures), till I think it looks pretty nice, if a bit different.
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny costumes!

I miss the old school costumes! Why does everything have to change?:shame: (sigh) *wraps herself in a tightly wound cocoon of early Excaliburs*
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"

BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BlueJubatus »

I definately like the new costume better, he looks better in red. I miss the original costume tho....ah well, mebe theyll keep this costume and change the style:)
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny costumes!

I hope they get rid of the cumberbund looking thing.:P

Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Dark Bamf »

What exactly IS that thing around Kurt's middle? And of the two, of course the one with red looks better.

So, Northstar's an X-Man now?

--Atilla's Hunny
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

i think it is just a different colour and weight of leather, really...the suit seems ot fit fairly loose, with very thin leather over most of it cept his collar, knee-pads and waist.... well that's been my observation, anyway. i think the black areas have been changed to cloth now tho,a nd he has armor on his lower legs now. (why jsut lower legs? beats me...)

yes, Northstar is an X-Man now. atleast, he will be very soon. it will be quite an unusual lineup...

Archangel
Nightcrawler
Iceman -- these are the 3 main guys, the stars.
then there is
Wolverine (yes, a supporting character... tee-hee! he'll only be there sometimes)
Stacy (see my avatar)
Husk (from Gen X)
Havok
Northstar
Juggernaut
Professor X

one of the above will be leaving and/or dying. tho i think Chuck was playing with us about the dying bit, as both Wolverine and Archangel just died in the first issue. but there are designs for them in the future so they will be recessetated, obviously (book ended as Stacy and Kurt were trying to save their lives... well, Warren's. i think they are counting on Wolverines healing factor to take care of the gaping hole in his chest).
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny costumes!

Post by ahmed »

What is the deal with Archangel's wings? It seems like they would need to be quite a bit bigger to support all that weight. I mean, an albatross weighs not even forty pounds, but they have 10-foot wingspans. I'm not saying they have to go up in scale, but it would look less strange, to me anyway, if they were larger.

The book "The Science of the X-Men' says that his wings may not be exactly like birds wings, and thus may have added support (I think they said it was a bouyant gas, or something).
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Dark Bamf »

i think it is just a different colour and weight of leather, really...the suit seems ot fit fairly loose, with very thin leather over most of it cept his collar, knee-pads and waist.... well that's been my observation, anyway. i think the black areas have been changed to cloth now tho,a nd he has armor on his lower legs now. (why jsut lower legs? beats me...)

yes, Northstar is an X-Man now. atleast, he will be very soon. it will be quite an unusual lineup...

Archangel
Nightcrawler
Iceman -- these are the 3 main guys, the stars.
then there is
Wolverine (yes, a supporting character... tee-hee! he'll only be there sometimes)
Stacy (see my avatar)
Husk (from Gen X)
Havok
Northstar
Juggernaut
Professor X

one of the above will be leaving and/or dying. tho i think Chuck was playing with us about the dying bit, as both Wolverine and Archangel just died in the first issue. but there are designs for them in the future so they will be recessetated, obviously (book ended as Stacy and Kurt were trying to save their lives... well, Warren's. i think they are counting on Wolverines healing factor to take care of the gaping hole in his chest).
So your avatar is Stacy? She's got great eyes. But who exactly is she and what does she do? :?

For that matter, who's Husk? Some kind of nut?
:laugh:

--Atilla's Hunny
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Dark Bamf »

Originally posted by ahmed
What is the deal with Archangel's wings? It seems like they would need to be quite a bit bigger to support all that weight. I mean, an albatross weighs not even forty pounds, but they have 10-foot wingspans. I'm not saying they have to go up in scale, but it would look less strange, to me anyway, if they were larger.
The book "The Science of the X-Men' says that his wings may not be exactly like birds wings, and thus may have added support (I think they said it was a bouyant gas, or something).
A BUOYANT GAS?!? That's ridiculous! :eek: Unless he's got hollow bones like a bird and the buoyant gas is inside there.

--Atilla's Hunny
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Dark Bamf

So your avatar is Stacy? She's got great eyes. But who exactly is she and what does she do? :?

Stacy...:stacy: hehehe... ok get ready. she's a prostitute the X-men picked up :p Warren was in a meeting with his company inquiring about some odd stocks they had invested in for him... one of which was the X-Ranch. a mutant brothel. they uh, decided to investigate... sent Iceman in 'under cover' :naughty: ok it sounds worse than it was. honest. they had powers like telepathy and control over emotions and pleasure centers that they used on their clients. there was actually a 'no touching' rule, so no physical contact was ever made. anyway, Iceman was there and had just 'met' Stacy. then the place got attacked by some anti-mutant fanatics. Stacy was the only survivor of the girls there. she looks like snake, got scales and diamond shaped patterns all over, and she controls pheromones. she can illicit any reaction she chooses with a touch, from promotong an adrenaline rush to putting them to sleep, to making someone very very happy :p don't know the full extent of her powers. she's only been around 11 issues. she's a bitch, but you can tell she has a caring side to her, she just likes to act tough ;)

Husk. she is from a large family in Kentucky. i think she has around 9 siblings, one of whom is Cannonball. she was a member of Generation X run by Banshee and Emma Frost. she has the ability to rip her skin off, and underneath is a new form. usually she transforms her body into steel or diamond, but has been known to do other cool things like husk into the form of an animal or acid. don't have a smilie or pic of her yet.. she's a cute lil thing, blond hair, blue eyes...
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Dark Bamf »

Originally posted by Dark Bamf

Stacy...:stacy: hehehe... ok get ready. she's a prostitute the X-men picked up :p Warren was in a meeting with his company inquiring about some odd stocks they had invested in for him... one of which was the X-Ranch. a mutant brothel. they uh, decided to investigate... sent Iceman in 'under cover' :naughty: ok it sounds worse than it was. honest. they had powers like telepathy and control over emotions and pleasure centers that they used on their clients. there was actually a 'no touching' rule, so no physical contact was ever made. anyway, Iceman was there and had just 'met' Stacy. then the place got attacked by some anti-mutant fanatics. Stacy was the only survivor of the girls there. she looks like snake, got scales and diamond shaped patterns all over, and she controls pheromones. she can illicit any reaction she chooses with a touch, from promotong an adrenaline rush to putting them to sleep, to making someone very very happy :p don't know the full extent of her powers. she's only been around 11 issues. she's a bitch, but you can tell she has a caring side to her, she just likes to act tough ;)

Husk. she is from a large family in Kentucky. i think she has around 9 siblings, one of whom is Cannonball. she was a member of Generation X run by Banshee and Emma Frost. she has the ability to rip her skin off, and underneath is a new form. usually she transforms her body into steel or diamond, but has been known to do other cool things like husk into the form of an animal or acid. don't have a smilie or pic of her yet.. she's a cute lil thing, blond hair, blue eyes...
Ooooooooooo-kay...:laugh:

--Atilla's Hunny
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny costumes!

LMAO!:laugh:;)

Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Frumious Bandersnatch »

You've read "the science of the X-men" to!? Cool! 'Tis a great book. And the thing about gas making him lighter, it said that he had 3 or 4 lungs, the two main ones, and two extrs ones that fill up any empty space available. It also said something about his feathers being energy gathering some-thing-or-others that give him the energy to actually stay flying! otherwise he would have to spend his whole day eating!:laugh:
Ayee! Look! Its a Boggie...and his frumious Bandersnitch!
Shouldnt that be Bandersnatch?
Nope...Too small

Never double date with a buddy who can teleport. He will vanish as soon as the bill arrives. Damn elf
~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15