X-Men: 2nd Coming (SAY WHAAAA)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

neling4 wrote:Just in case Kurt does indeed die, please read this and take action!

viewthread.php?tid=13134#pid33698720

I don't want to lose the fuzzy elf. I need all the cheerfulness I can get these days. Unfortunately, I am beginning to lose hope that he will survive this last crossover arc.

Woow that is AWESOME Neling!! The "powers that be" over @ Marvel more than likey have their minds made up in regards to the upcoming Death....but EVERYTHING helps. Yeah, they've killed off X-men before...let em know that if it is INDEED Kurt who "dies" this is the ONE X-man they should have left alone...:mad!!! Pipe dream that it might be it would be AWESOME if there was a HUUUUUGE backlash, negative reaction to Kurt's "passing". :mad

BAMF!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well if it's any indication, Chris Yost just posted something via Twitter something along the lines of "X-Force 26 coming out this week... uh-oh!"

You know what? For the first time in I don't know when, I just want Wednesday over with. I also feel pretty rotten for Yost.

[Edited on 27/4/2010 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Angelique wrote:
You know what? For the first time in I don't know when, I just want Wednesday over with.

[Edited on 27/4/2010 by Angelique]
That is exactly how I feel. My stomach is all tied up in knots over this, and the last thing I need is more stress.

I can't believe how stupid the editors at Marvel can be. They say they want more women reading comics, yet they kill off a character who has always appealed to women. They might kill Gambit next, the way they are going. (I don't particularly like Gambit myself, but he obviously appeals to many women, as does Kurt.) You would think they would keep characters like that and make use of them, instead of killing them off to make more room for pretty-boy characters with no personality who have to turn into dictators or metal rocket launchers, just to be interesting.

[Edited on 27/4/10 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

neling4 wrote:
That is exactly how I feel. My stomach is all tied up in knots over this, and the last thing I need is more stress.

We'll sue Marvel because of thIS stress ! ^^
Perhap's a judge will then force them to bring Kurt back. :D
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Trigger wrote: And to Jeremus, I can't ever see Rouge just leaving Kurt to die... I'm not her biggest fan, but I don't think she'd ever be that awful.
Yeah....I don't think Rogue would leave Kurt to die. I was thinking on the lines of our heroic Kurt, seeing that they were surrounded, telling Rogue to get Hope to Utopia while he leads the bad guys away....and then he gets hit and Rogue doesn't know he's down. But if she has all those powers, I'm thinking now that she would be the one telling Kurt to get Hope to Utopia and then she would be the one diverting the bad guys' attention while Kurt got away.

I'm still hoping that they're jerking us around....that they made it a point not to include Nightcrawler on the covers of the other issues in order to divert attention from the identity of the real victim. I may be in denial, but it's a nice place to be right at the moment.
-------------------------------------------------

(And I think Diablo's got something there......and you know, my neck has really been hurting lately ever since Second Coming was announced. ;))

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I was thinking on the lines of our heroic Kurt, seeing that they were surrounded, telling Rogue to get Hope to Utopia while he leads the bad guys away....and then he gets hit and Rogue doesn't know he's down.
Why, Jeremus dear, there is your plot for the current Challenge. No more of this "I don't write" stuff; take the idea and write it out with what you feel Kurt would say and how Rogue might respond, and fill in with what they are doing. I'll proofread it for ya.
[/hijack]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Wait... Neling, is it Mimic or MORPH?

What's the difference?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

Jeremus wrote: I was thinking on the lines of our heroic Kurt, seeing that they were surrounded, telling Rogue to get Hope to Utopia while he leads the bad guys away....and then he gets hit and Rogue doesn't know he's down.
Guh! That senerio made way too much sense to be comforting.

I'm so nervous that my stomach actually aches... How lame is that? Geez, why'd they have to do this to me on finals week?
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Wait... Neling, is it Mimic or MORPH?

What's the difference?
Mimic:

http://marvel.com/universe/Mimic_%28Calvin_Rankin%29

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.814 ... lon~_Mimic

Morph:

http://www.comicvine.com/morph/29-12547/

I am hoping it is Mimic.

There is all kinds of confusing information on the CBR boards. They have the X-Force #26 RIP Cassady version linked from Mid-Town comics (I am surprised they were allowed to release it this early) and someone is claiming that the death isn't who we are expecting.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It'll be Angel.

I'm calling it at... 7:53 PM EST,

It will NOT be Nightcrawler who dies.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Yo, Bman, it don't work unless ya click the ruby slippers together when ya say it. Just FYI.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Brian M. at CBR is going to post a review of X-Force #26 at Midnight. I intend to check it out.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

For real.... Shit...

I wonder if it's in response to us? HA!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Bitter thought :

My last post here before Nighty's death... :(
www.atlantys.biz

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Don't say this Diablo! NoooO!! :(
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

And now it's official...
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/sh ... p?t=319526

I'm going to bed.
www.atlantys.biz

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

UGhhh.....

Fuck this.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Yost also posted something about his career being over. I don't think it was in reference to this, but still. This has got to be worse than being RA Salvatore, in my mind. (At least Chewbacca had lived a good long life and only died in the expanded SW universe, but I digress.) Who wants to be known in the minds of fans as the writer who killed off Nightcrawler?

On one hand, perhaps it was beautifully written and all that. I still want to know who's @#$%!!! idea it was to do this in the first place.

[Edited on 28/4/2010 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'll have it known that my Facebook Funeral Event is official.

If you would like to have a "grieving Nightcrawler" event day, that's your own business, you can start that group up.

:bamf I love you Kurt, you were a great character and made me happy in the hospital when I had nothing else to read and very little to distract me. You were hopeful and witty, and I needed that at that time. Thank you.

You know...
it's especially retarded because they killed him off in Ultimate and now the only Kurt we got left is Claremont's... :mad

[Edited on 28/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

Why? Seriously, why?

Man, this sucks. I'm going to spend all day tomorrow reading old issues of Excalibur and littering my floor with a pile of tissues.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I'll try to find it within me to work on comics where heroes aren't wasted.

kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

OK, i've read the review and feel mainly numb, i knew this was coming but i guess this won't be really real until i actually read the issue.... if i actually get it... probably not

i think this sums up my feelings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2akt3P8ltLM

Not Happy Marvel!!!!
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Angelique wrote:Yost also posted something about his career being over. I don't think it was in reference to this, but still. This has got to be worse than being RA Salvatore, in my mind. (At least Chewbacca had lived a good long life and only died in the expanded SW universe, but I digress.) Who wants to be known in the minds of fans as the writer who killed off Nightcrawler?

On one hand, perhaps it was beautifully written and all that. I still want to know who's @#$%!!! idea it was to do this in the first place
The editors at Marvel: Joe Quesada, Axel Alonso, and whoever else is in charge of making sure that Cyclops is tops.

I just don't have the words to say what I am thinking right now.

kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kurt_the_quick »

...ugh. :yech
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »