X-Men: 2nd Coming (SAY WHAAAA)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm pretty sure Logan is going to go on a bloodwrath.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

Does Bastion bleed?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

LIV4TheObsession wrote:-sigh- At lest his death scene was cool. And I do want to see how Logan will take this. (It better not be overly-angsty though. We've got enough of that in MarvelU.)

I really wish they'd have Hope's powers friggin' manifest already! Right now it just looks like she's got some mid pre-cog powers or something. She's 17 now! Isn't the X gene supposed to kick in at puberty?! C'mon!
Hope's powers are that she can whine, comb her hair, and jump on beds, which is remarkable considering she's a football, not a person.

Think about it. All she's ever done is be rushed or passed back and forth and intersepted.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Don't forget she gets huddled around while the group exchanges play-by-plays, prayers, and grumbling looks to the Quarterback/linebackers.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

No football game is worth the callous waste of great characters we've seen.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Anyone else notice Kurt totally left Rogue there alone with half-dead Bastion? Don't get me wrong, priorities. He had an arm through his chest, and Hope needed to GTFO, but... LOL

Appropriate that she was there though.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

More about Hope- it ticks me off that Nightcrawler has more backing up his faith in God than Cyclops does backing up his belief that Hope will save mutantkind from extinction. Yet who goes sending people to their deaths? I mean, I'd get it if it were just a mission to save a girl, but when every mutant life supposedly matters, you don't go sending mutants to their deaths on some sanguine and completely unsubstantiated hunch that this girl is some messiah.

For all we know, Cable, Bishop, and Bastion are wrong, and Hope is nothing more than a little girl who should have never been taken out of Cooperstown, and whose family has probably given her up for lost.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Or she's a young Rachel Summers?

:shifty
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

So this is the new layout eh?

Well,

... bugger.

I guess that makes it OFFICIALLY Official now doesn't it?

*grump grump grump*

I now want another second coming to fix the first second coming :P

Actually i read somewhere that :jean was coming back *runs and hides from thrown objects* sorry

mind you, if :phoenix comes back, then she could resurrece *anyone* right?

either way... gah

[Edited on 29-4-2010 by kladyelf]
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure. Thank you, Kurt, for the many great memories. Auf wiedersehen.
Hey! He's coming back! He has to!

I just made my post at CBR for Mr. Q. If you would like to read it here:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/sh ... st11053346

[Edited on 29/4/10 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I'm having a harder time with this than I thought I would.

I'm trying to compose a letter to Marvel or a post to Joe Q and so far all I've been able to come up with has a lot of "You, stupid Jerks!" in it, ending with something like "....and I hate your stupid Ironman movie!"

Suffice to say I will not be composing a letter today.....nor probably tomorrow for that matter. I'll try again on Saturday and keep it over the weekend just to be safe. I will NOT dishonor Nightcrawler by being a stupid jerk myself.

Today I'm wearing a dark blue wristband (couldn't find one long enough to make an armband). It doesn't make me feel any better, but I'm going to wear it anyway. I'm going to paint his name on it or something and I'm making myself believe that I'm either going to wear it on my wrist or thru a belt loop until they bring him back. (It'll probably end up on my keychain so I don't know if that counts as a tribute/protest.)

I want him back!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I wonder if this is how Banshee/Colossus/Jean/Iceman/Husk/Angel fans felt?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I'm wearing all blue today, and not just because my current job calls for scrubs. Did they ever hear of "Golden Hour" and "Platinum 10 Minutes" and consider that a mutant healer and an expert surgeon were mere seconds away? What the heck were they doing standing around whining and not even bothering to check an airway? You'd think no one ever survived severe chest trauma before. Colossus getting impaled and surviving, Nightcrawler getting shot through and through and surviving, Christine Palmer getting SNIKT-ed through the ribs and surviving, naw none of those ever happened.

Hello another lame-o, plausibly preventable, unecessary shock value/plot device death.

Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

Angelique wrote:Did they ever hear of "Golden Hour" and "Platinum 10 Minutes" and consider that a mutant healer and an expert surgeon were mere seconds away? What the heck were they doing standing around whining and not even bothering to check an airway? You'd think no one ever survived severe chest trauma before. Colossus getting impaled and surviving, Nightcrawler getting shot through and through and surviving, Christine Palmer getting SNIKT-ed through the ribs and surviving, naw none of those ever happened.

Hello another lame-o, plausibly preventable, unecessary shock value/plot device death.
Yeah but, he literally teleported into Bastions arm. It's not like he just got stabbed with it, I think that they are fused together. I don't know how they would remove the arm without removing vital organs as well. And even if they were able to do even that I don't think they'd be able to do it in time to fix him. :(
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Fortunately, Warren's blood heals, and so does Elixir. In fact... besides killing people, that's ALL Elixir does.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Fortunately, Warren's blood heals, and so does Elixir. In fact... besides killing people, that's ALL Elixir does.
Warren's blood doesn't heal Kurt, it burns him, according to the "Arc That Shall Not Be Mentioned".

I hear Elixer burned himself out killing Wither, and is now useless as a healer.

Is Sister Salvation still around?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Sister_Salvatio ... rth-616%29

[Edited on 29/4/10 by neling4]

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

neling4 wrote: Warren's blood doesn't heal Kurt, it burns him, according to the "Arc That Shall Not Be Mentioned".
AHA! Proof that the {mutters "you know what"} arc must be retconned IMMEJATLY! Get the boys to work on it, Joey!

[Edited on 29/4/10 by Elfdame]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

This blackness is depressing. :(

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

But neling dear, we're in MOURNING. It's, like, appropriate. And I love the choice of pics for the top banner. I mean, yeah, it'll be great to go back to good ol' blue after a while, but for now, get in touch with your Inner Goth. (Easy for me to say; I have about 8 mostly-black dresses and at least 4 black jackets/sweaters. But I used to sing at funerals a lot.)
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Cyntosis
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Cyntosis »

I'm starting to wonder if anyone at Marvel ever read Yeats' The Second Coming

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold seems fitting.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Oh, yeah, and isn't there a certain girl right there on the island with the power to make things intangible and enabling them to pass harmlessly through a body? Couldn't she come out of that bottle for the few seconds to do that?

Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

Anyone see this yet?

http://marvel.com/images/736968./from/c ... ssue.32797

Once again, it's all about Scott.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Of course, we could have Mystique (or Christine, or Piotr, or ... take your pick) see Kurt come out of the shower and realize the whole M-Day fiasco and sequelae were nothing but a dream. Yeah, I keep coming back to that. My tawdry past follows me everywhere. :LOL

[Edited on 29/4/10 by Elfdame] (Ok, first I got my typing wrong, then I see the "all about Scott" post. I hope they don't fine people who over-edit.)
Scott's agony calls to mind Wyatt's line from "Tombstone": "Run, you cur, run. You tell all the other curs the Law's comin'. You tell 'em I'M comin'. And Hell's comin' with me, you hear? Hell's comin' with me!!!" I mean, if we're gonna have Logan saturation and Scott-centricity, at least let 'em use some great lines. Tho from what I hear, the whole evil issue was well written.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Trigger wrote:Anyone see this yet?

http://marvel.com/images/736968./from/c ... ssue.32797

Once again, it's all about Scott.
I'm so disgusted. Unless he's screaming, "The world didn't shaft me this time. IT's ALL MY FAULT!!!" before he leaves the X-Men.

I always liked Scott better when he wasn't big boss man in charge.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

The preview pages are even worse. Everyone is much too cheerful, considering that Kurt is dead:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=25989