X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So, it's sad that they're having an X-Men Day without Kurt, but I'll be honest. The sales, the cool events and signings all over the place, not to mention the first "X-Men" #1 to be released in 20 years.

You can get X-Men #1 by Victor Gischler (who I hear is actually quite good and I haven't read enough of his stuff to know. Not even sure what of his I've read, but I'm told I've read it.) and artwork by Paco Medina. There's also some Variant covers, one which will be free for the first howevermany people show up to their specific store, and others which are only available in certain places/orders. My store is guaranteeing the Blank cover, the Paco cover, the Marko Djurdjevic and the John Romita Jr. variant, as well as the Paco Medina Gatefold variant.

This is the start of an intriguing new time for the X-men, one that is awkward for us Kurt fans but certainly guaranteed to be full of surprises. I'm sure many of us will not enjoy it being it is missing our favorite Elf, I myself am probably not going to have it on my hot-list, but I'll give it a try for Blade and Spidey's sake.

I know my only x-Teamster I still enjoy as a character Iceman has no upcoming plots in the series thus far (thanks to information from Fraction/Brevoort) however; they said he is still an important, if not crucial, role in the series coming up.

So... for the sake of "wainot" I'll give it a shot.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Esynthia »

Best thing about Victor Gischler? He likes Gambit! :D WOOOO! :shifty

And I'm very excited about X-Men day :D My comic store wants me to come in costume and help them out but I gotta work -_- blah.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Blob55 »

So now there's Uncanny X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, X-Men: Legacy, New Mutants, Astonishing X-Men, and X-Men comics?

I assume that X-Men is Canon like the rest.

[Edited on 6/7/10 by Blob55]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

X-Men is canon, Astonishing is not.

Well... let me correct that. Astonishing is canon, but it takes place EARLIER, and BEFORE the other books. Therefore, it's canon while still being in its own continuity, if that makes any sense? My friend explained it as:
"Jeph is great, but they couldn't trust him or anyone else who might helm Astonishing after him to not screw everything up, so they back pedal and work off of what's going on. This is why the book stays so cool and fresh, it's new perspective of stuff that may or may not have happened, or been shown to the reader."

Also, I have a feeling X-Force is gonna be disbanded soon, so I'm gonna go ahead now and predict that by November you'll see only 3 canon X-Titles, 4 counting Astonishing.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Blob55 »

Which 4 are Canon? excluding X-Force, there's 6 X-Titles.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Sorry, I tend not to count X-Factor LOL !!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Esynthia »

*GASP!* rude. :P
ImageImage

Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Blob55 »

Ult, there's still one missing.

You said X-Force and Astonishing X-Men. What are the other 3?
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Esynthia »

X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants, X-Factor, and X-Men are going to be canon if they drop X-Force like he's thinking.
ImageImage

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The ones you mentioned???

Uncanny, X-Men Legacy, X-Factor, New Mutants, X-Men, and X-Force are the titles.

When X-Force goes away it will just be

Uncanny, X-Men Legacy, X-Factor, New Mutants, and X-Men.

I wouldn't be surprised if X-Men Legacy goes away too thus leaving us with just

Uncanny, X-Factor, New Mutants, & X-Men.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Esynthia »

Legacy's not going anywhere. :P
ImageImage

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Why? I dunno... They dropped Spectacular, and it had some pretty damn good sales. Sometimes they'res just too many titles. I think introducing "X-Men" is an attempt at a new era.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Esynthia »

legacy's not going anywhere b/c of interviews I've read with Mike Carey... Unless Joey Q. is planning something and not told him yet, he's got mondo plans atm.

Also, Uncanny and Legacy are the two "main" books. the rest are canon, yes, but not the "main" books. they're team books. (yes, I've seen all the writers say that about them in several articles.)

[Edited on 7/7/2010 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Oh, I didn't mean SOON, I mean within the while. Probably well after X-Force is gone. And I had heard it's the main one, but I think "X-Men" 's objective is to shadow that. Counter it, rather, with a new team and new plots. A revamp similar to "Peter Parker".

Also, don't be too surprised if a book drops once sales drop. Dan Slott was supposed to be writing a Nightcrawler centered story at one point and the sales were down and told him no.

Same can be said for many others. Again though, as much as I hate Joe, a financial decision isn't really wholly his. Other people are involved in that.

I hate Joe for being a bombastic ass hole to DC fans and an unforgiving stickler to his OMD bull shit, but he's not an angry, gun toting, let's see how many fans i can piss off today-kinda-guy. If the sales are down, I'm sure they try to do things to bring them UP first.
They're not NBC. :smirk

[Edited on 7/7/10 by Ult_Sm86]
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Esynthia »

*snort* I will def give Joey Q. credit for not being as dumb as NBC.

Anyway, I know it's not FULLY his decision, but he is the EIC and he's the head of stuffz. Also, I'm fairly sure at some point in time Legacy will get dropped, as all books but Uncanny do, but I don't foresee it happening any time in the near future.
ImageImage

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I sort of hope X-Force does, being there's no point for the team anymore. To keep it up would be... anti-climactic. And not to mention, I have seen no previews of X-Force past september soo...

I also want to see New Mutants go away. I think they can just push those guys into "X-Men Legacy" now that, clearly, the legacy is changing and new leaders and team players are stepping up. (See "Second Coming".)
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Esynthia »

While I don't think they'll get rid of New Mutants soon, I do see that leaving before Legacy does.
ImageImage

Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Blob55 »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if X-Men Legacy goes away too thus leaving us with just

Uncanny, X-Factor, New Mutants, & X-Men.
It'd be sad if X-Men: Legacy went too, because it's been around since the 90's, and X-Men #1 was the most sold/printed Comic ever.

[Edited on 7/7/10 by Blob55]
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Esynthia »

Yep. This book has been around for 20 years. As I said, I don't see it leaving any time soon, have no fear. :)
ImageImage

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

HAPPY (I think...) X-MEN DAY!
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

New Mutants is definitely on the way out. Nice big Ad for it in "X-Men #1"
Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Men Day July 8th, 2010

Post by Blob55 »

At least X-Men #1 goes back to the once Mutant City, and Jubalee goes under a mutation. :D