Marvel Mangaverse -- Wow.

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So the Marvel Mangaverse comic line is brief, unorganized, but fun. I had no idea how great it was.

Just picked up some spare copies today from a Wal-Mart sized thrift shop in our region (assuming all over heavily populated areas of the U.S.) called Savers. I was stunned at the quality of artwork:

the interesting takes on each character:

and the fact that not only was it very MANGA but there truly was something in it for every level of Anime-fans.:

Furries:

Magic:

Ninjas, Mecha, Godzilla-type Monsters, and MOAR!!

Anyone else ever read these? Worth trying to find more?
It's not for everyone, but I can easily see the appeal, and the appeal to having it in the collection.

Kurt shows up in it, but I'm not sure where or how other than on the cover. He looks Very cool though and I can't find a picture of him ANYWHERE.

You can see him here above Logan and below Archangel & Ghost Rider
Image Though I'd have to say of the entire batch, Ghost Rider & Kurt are the coolest looking. It's not that Warren as Archangel with bone-bat wings isn't COOL... it's just a bit much.

Anyways, ENJOI X-FANS!!

[Edited on 4/4/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Is this kinda like the Spidey J series? Where he has a master in the dojo or whatnot? I read a few of those. They had much less dark plots than the 616 stuff over here.

I know next to nothing about manga and anime. So my comments wouldn't be helpful. I think there was a thread about it a year or so ago, and the_lone_bamf talked a bit about why Kurt looks the way he does. But I don't have time to do a Search on it...
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

I *vaguely* remember the X-men one - Cyclops and Wolverine were actually brothers, Toad(?) was in the X-men (I think he was their founder or something and played the wizened old sensei type) and Kurt was actually one of the bad guys.

Yep, he was evil. because, y'know he... looked that way? And was blonde or had claws or something? some of the reasoning I didn't understand really.

Oh and it centered around Jean as the protagonist, introducing everyone....
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Elfdame wrote:Is this kinda like the Spidey J series? Where he has a master in the dojo or whatnot? I read a few of those. They had much less dark plots than the 616 stuff over here.
Interesting you bring that up.... that's actually a SPIN-OFF of this. It was the only one successful enough in its spin off too. The only oen collected in trade that is. The others are sporadic, possibly collected, most likely not and if they are it's with the actual "Mangaverse" miniseries (which was short as it was).

I believe he's a mutant who hides his face but I could be wrong on him even being a mutant.
kladyelf wrote:I *vaguely* remember the X-men one - Cyclops and Wolverine were actually brothers, Toad(?) was in the X-men (I think he was their founder or something and played the wizened old sensei type) and Kurt was actually one of the bad guys.

Yep, he was evil. because, y'know he... looked that way? And was blonde or had claws or something? some of the reasoning I didn't understand really.

Oh and it centered around Jean as the protagonist, introducing everyone....
Klady I'm not sure what you're talking about AT ALL. Toad is in it, but so's Xavier, so I'm not sure who the real founder is. Kurt may have been bad, but he's not blonde and with claws, that's Logan, who has white (almost golden white?) hair and laser claws. (See picture I posted above).

[Edited on 5/4/11 by Ult_Sm86]
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Well this was from years ago so my memory may be a bit confused with some fanart, but Kurt was a bad guy (which I remember because I was miffed at the prospect)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Actually, that sounds intriguing.

Not everything can always be the same, and a teleporter is QUITE the nemesis.