Uncanny X-Men General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

I decided to steal a good idea from ComiX-Fan and open a thread dedicated to each of the core books. Come in here for the latest rumors and talk about Chuck Austens' Uncanny!

Man! do I feel sorry for Sammy the fishboy!!!:( his dad is a real butthead. And whats with all the blue fuzzies melding together like that??? that was kinda creepy :eek

I hope we get to see more of Nighty soon too, it is his arc after all :P
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Good idea Panz. This as well the other X-Men threads were much needed. Could we have one for DC comics in this area as well? I like DC. I'm sure there are others that do as well.:)
kiki
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kiki »

I like this idea too, need to garble about uncanny.

Yes, poor Sammy. I want Cain to adopt him. That would be good. Even though he already has parents, and it'll never happen *sigh* They were so cute together. I have to wonder though what the rest of this arc has in store for the two since Cain's on his way to Canada.
Slackers unite..... tomorrow!!

I'm like a super hero.... without powers or motivation.

She does art too: http://geocities.com/kikisart
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by kiki
I like this idea too, need to garble about uncanny.
Eh?

Yeah, Uncanny's been pretty dark lately. Child abuse, zombie kurt, people melting or getting blown apart...

Hopefully Chuck will get back to some lighter spirited stuff soon. I trust where Chuck is going with this, and everything he's writing is interesting.. but with New X-Men about to get super-ultra-mega-dark, I wouldn't mind having some of Chuck's lighter humor to turn to in Uncanny...
kiki
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kiki »

garble, oh, i use that word the same way i would use babble, chatter, banter, etc. :D
Slackers unite..... tomorrow!!

I'm like a super hero.... without powers or motivation.

She does art too: http://geocities.com/kikisart
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Garble, some lighter stuff is coming second half of the arc. then i understand the Trial of Juggernaut is a big slug-fest with some really funny moments. :)

upcomming arcs with spoiler-light synopsis' are as follows:

Trail of Juggernaut - penciled by Ron Garney in which Juggernaut must face up to his past crimes. also the re-introduction of Ryan's character! wee!

Some Archangel and Husk Story - sorry the real title of the arc slipped my mind :p penciled by Sal Larocca. in which Archangel and Husk pay a visit to Paige's family back home... one of her brothers is in a bit of a sticky situation...

The Ultimate X-Man - also penciled by Sal Larocca. in which the X-Men are the stars of a TV show! the dead rise from the grave! spandex makes a comeback! Jubilee 'diappears'! and Bobby kisses Northstar! LOL... oh man.... it's gonna be a riot. :D but it is also pretty dark. te antagonist is sadistic and selfish. while his actions ultimately result in some amusing results, he is benig very cruel. extremely dark humor.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Originally posted by Bamfette
Bobby kisses Northstar!.....
You're kidding? Oh...that will be great! Can't wait...:D
msgt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by msgt »

I look forward to the story where Paige and Warren go to KY.

I'm a KY guy, so I'd to see how Austen portrays us KY folk.. hope the accent isn't too think hehe..

I did like the one scene where Warren corrected Paige's grammar in Donimant Species.

msgt :)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Bobby kisses Northstar! :o i have to see this.
Jill thanks for the info.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Jill done it again..she's got me excited about Uncanny..wow....sounds like a TV show in its self..."X-men Of Our Lives", i can always go for a little dark humor!

but wait..bobby is going to be more than just a big ice head right? :LOL

The Ultimate X-Man - also penciled by Sal Larocca. in which the X-Men are the stars of a TV show! the dead rise from the grave! spandex makes a comeback! Jubilee 'diappears'! and Bobby kisses Northstar! LOL... oh man.... it's gonna be a riot. :D but it is also pretty dark. te antagonist is sadistic and selfish. while his actions ultimately result in some amusing results, he is benig very cruel. extremely dark humor.
Call me King!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

of course he will... and don't get your hopes up about a Bobby/Northstar pairing. I don't want to spoil anything, but don't get too excited about that. it's a kiss under some rather unusual circumstances...

what the Ultimate X-Man is really is an analogy of Chuck's experiences writing Uncanny X-Men so far... everything from his take on what the X-Men are, to his experiences with fans... it'll make sense when you read it.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Sounds extremely interesting, i'm very intrigued right now, and i'm sure it will worth all the time i'll have to wait to get those numbers :D
Horray for Chuck!
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

well yeah, i figured as much, plus...bobby all of a sudden magucally being gay would be..a little strange...

but now im very curious...

hey Jill? ever though or doing promotion for marvel?

of course he will... and don't get your hopes up about a Bobby/Northstar pairing. I don't want to spoil anything, but don't get too excited about that. it's a kiss under some rather unusual circumstances...
Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

I would never believe it would go any further than a kiss under some strange circumstances. But I would like to see Northie with a steady lover soon. He seems so sexually oppressed. Could be why he's so nasty at times. Poor guy:cry Ok Marvel give him someone to love:nodyes
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Just a theory from what was said in other places.....

Trail of Juggernaut - penciled by Ron Garney in which Juggernaut must face up to his past crimes. also the re-introduction of Ryan's character! wee!
In an interview I read (I think x-fan) Chuck said this arc would feature Juggernaut's "replacement"- Is Ryan the new Avatar of Cytorakk?
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

In Wizard, a few months ago, Chuck said that Northstar WILL find love... but not anytime soon !

Concerning the dark tone of Uncanny, I think it's a great thing.
Humor + dark tone = my favorite comic-book stories.

Yeah, New X-Men is dark, but really sarcastic about itself, whereas in Uncanny, we can feel Chuck's love for the characters.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Diablo
In Wizard, a few months ago, Chuck said that Northstar WILL find love... but not anytime soon !

Concerning the dark tone of Uncanny, I think it's a great thing.
Humor + dark tone = my favorite comic-book stories.

Yeah, New X-Men is dark, but really sarcastic about itself, whereas in Uncanny, we can feel Chuck's love for the characters.
Ah, but who?! Iceman's a head, for cryin' out loud! Even Northy can't make love Bobby's cranium. :naughty

I only get NXM, and heck yeah, it's dark! Makes me want to go up to Morrison and make sure to see if his sense of humor didn't die up in there. Regardless, he makes a great story (Beakie babies!! :love) and does his creepiness well. :nodyes

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by TATU
well yeah, i figured as much, plus...bobby all of a sudden magucally being gay would be..a little strange...
I could see it. I've always thought of Bobby as a six beers kind of guy. It gives me hope that Bobby's head and body will be reunited succesfully.

I feel so sorry for Sammy. I think his mom should leave his dad and take Sammy and they should live in the X-mansion. She should divorce his dad, who should go to jail. Do we know what her profession is? I'm sure she could work in the X-mansion in some way. Maybe she could be head librarian.

I wonder who will defend Cain at his trial. I can't think of any Marvelverse defense attorneys.
CuteLittleBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CuteLittleBamf »

:offtopic Wasn't dare devil I don't read him and I didn't see the movie so I might be wrong. and I don't mean to suggest he should represent Cain :offtopic
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by BamfChyck
I wonder who will defend Cain at his trial. I can't think of any Marvelverse defense attorneys.
She-Hulk ;)

And I don't see Bobby as being the least bit curious in the other sex. He's never shown a proclivity to it, IMO, so seeing him as a "six beers" kind of guy seems like wishful thinking to me.
Nightchamber
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightchamber »

to his experiences with fans... it'll make sense when you read it.
uh oh... :LOL
Some Archangel and Husk Story - sorry the real title of the arc slipped my mind penciled by Sal Larocca. in which Archangel and Husk pay a visit to Paige's family back home... one of her brothers is in a bit of a sticky situation...
how long will this arc be? any possibility of Paige bringing up "the ex". Hmmm?

BTW what is this "Iceman's head" business about? :?
...I am the ELLIPSES Queen...

:chamber POPTOPIA FAN :stacy
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

Originally posted by Nightchamber
BTW what is this "Iceman's head" business about? :?
Bobby got blown-up a couple of issues ago by an exploding arrow while he was in his ice form. His body was completely destroyed except for his head. Warren's been carrying it around, his hands must be getting numb by now, and said last issue that his mouth was still moving and his eyes were blinking. Bobby never did know when the keep his mouth shut. I just think it would be funny if they had to put his head in a cooler to get it home if he doesn't get put back together before this whole demon invasion thing is done. :LOL

Oh and the Angel and Husk story should only be one issue I think, first one after the Draco arch if I remember right.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Nightchamber
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightchamber »

Oh. My. God. That is surreal.:eek I have to get this issue. DAMN I SHOULD have gotten this issue by mail, but Marvel has yet to get my subscription started after I subscribed FOUR months ago. :mad What issue number is this?
...I am the ELLIPSES Queen...

:chamber POPTOPIA FAN :stacy
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

hmm... so, i talked to Chuck the other day, and he cleared up the upcoming arcs somewhat. looks like we will have to wait a while for The Ultimate X-Man, if we see it at all... (shame, really. it rules)

so it goes - Draco (final issues will be drawn by another artist, it turns out), Trial of Juggernaut, the Paige/Warren story (tho it isn't actually about Paige and Warren, but one of Husk's siblings, but Paige and Warren's ambiguous relationship will be solidified here) then an arc dealing with the aftermath of Morrison's final arc in New, loosely tied to issues of New coming out at the same time...

after that, due to Morrison's departure, things are kind of up in the air. arcs which were planned may not happen, and the teams in all X-books may be seeing dramatic changes and switching around. Sal wants Emma, Chuck wants Cyke (tentatively), the other writer hasn't even been decided on, so who knows who they will want... Chuck's only solid request is that he get to keep his favourite character, Nightcrawler ;) and he said his final team after this will be no more than 6 characters
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

*crosses fingers that Juggy stays*

That's all I care about :D