Exiles General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Come here for all your Morphy goodness :love I still think that T.J. needs a tail :P
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I disagree on the T.J. tal thing; Nighty's daughter she may be, but she still needs to be slightly different from her dad. I'm still waiting for them to actually think up a character related to him that ain't fuzzy, blue, tail-having, etc.

Not that I'm complaining on NC's fuzz, blue skin, tail, etcetera, mind you. :love

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Siona
I'm still waiting for them to actually think up a character related to him that ain't fuzzy, blue, tail-having, etc.
Graydon Creed.....;)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
LoneWolf21
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LoneWolf21 »

the Mariko fans oughta love next week's issue....
kiki
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kiki »

A Mariko issue? why do I get the distinct feeling you know something I don't LoneWolf? Probably because you do.

I need to get to my comic shop tomorrow! I need my fix!! :D
Slackers unite..... tomorrow!!

I'm like a super hero.... without powers or motivation.

She does art too: http://geocities.com/kikisart
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

re: the tail thing - i think that she can make 'em grow and shrink at will - a legacy of ol' granny mystique *cackles and hides from all the :mystique smileys*
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Hm...good theory. The tail tale (PUN! HA HA!! :evil) is quite confusing, as she appears with it...then it's gone...then it's there...it's kinda like how Movie 'crawler's tail did the same thing; see it once, and it's GONE for the rest of the movie! :LOL

~Siona

-- SheCat.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ok, I posted an explanation of the tail in the Tallus:

viewthread.php?tid=2581

check it out!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Well, sorry, EXILES fans, but looks like Winick just ain't comin' back. He's renewed his exclusivity with DC, so that means no more new issues from him other than the ones already scripted.

http://www.millarworld.biz/index.php?ac ... 1&t=12681&

Is this the end for the title? Will a new writer come on board? I dunno. You'll just have to wait and see...
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Well, I don't think Exiles will end after Winick's issues. The sales are good, and it must be a pleasure to write an X-book where ANYTHING can and will happen.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

It may continue without Winick...but who would continue it, and would it be worth reading???? Personally, I would LOVE to see Vaughan take it over...

Only IF Winick leaves of course ;)
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Vaughan doesn't really seem all to capable of writing the insane situations the team might find themselves in. His style generally lends itself to more realistic stories.

Personally, I'd say Gail Simone would be best suited for the title. Her Morph alone would be HILARIOUS.

That being said, there's another 3 issue Chuck Austen/Jim Califiore fill-in arc coming in December, this time focusing on the Weapon X group and a new member they seem to be having troubles with.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

I sure hope someone continues the title, because I have yet to see Morph dressed up as the Chiquita Banana lady!!
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Morph as a :banana...SWEET. :content
~Siona

-- SheCat.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Siona
Morph as a :banana...SWEET. :content
...? I said as the chiquita banana lady, not a banana. I guess you're too young to remember the old commercials of her. Anyways, off topic.

Is there a serious problem that Exiles might not continue without the original writer? Like, is it real, or are we imagining it?
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Naw, I know of her. I just had a sudden brain-spurt of a :morph/:banana thing. :toothy

~Siona

-- SheCat.
EileenK98
Lubber
Lubber

Post by EileenK98 »

So what did everyone think of the new issue?
You won't get any spoilers from me, but LoneWolf21 was right, it's mostly Mariko-centered.
"And when I reach the other side,
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can.
Perhaps I may become a highwayman again.
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain,
But I'll be back again . . ."

RIP Johnny Cash
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I really really enjoyed this issue. It has bumped Mariko into my circle of favorites.....
kiki
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kiki »

I thought it was really sweet. Angst, romance, what's not to love? I especially liked the last two or so pages. The less dramatic ending made the whole thing so much more real then a big, drama-filled one could have.
Slackers unite..... tomorrow!!

I'm like a super hero.... without powers or motivation.

She does art too: http://geocities.com/kikisart
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

What about issue#35, huh ?
Do you think Illyana will EVER really integrate the team ? I think it would be interesting to know HOW she became this killing machine. Her past at Belasco's must have been a dark one !

Anyway, it's great to see the Exiles mess with the FF.

And does anybody know if Blink is going to land in the 616 universe ? I heard rumors but...
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tyros »

Exiles 41 and 42 are supposed to be about Nocturn before the Exiles! I am very excited...means we will get to finally see daddy Kurt! Awsome cover art as well. To check out the story go here: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... lindex.htm
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Oh, wow, that's a lovely cover....what the bloody...Logan was the headmaster?! :die

~Siona

-- SheCat.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I CANNOT wait for this Nocturne arc. I had talked about before how every Exile character (the originals especially) had an issue or arc that really delved into thier past and who they were/are, with the exception of Nocturne. I'm really excited to see this happen!!!

Now, here's the question: In Millenial Visions, Wolverine is a parapalegic who has killed Xavier in a berzerker rage and then takes over as headmaster of the school with Nightcrawler by his side. This isn't the same story that Judd gave us in the beginning of Exiles......I wonder what we're gonna see.....Califiore's writin this, yes? And he wrote the Millenial Visions..hmmm....yeah..i dunno...something to ponder, yes??
Ziox
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ziox »

Originally posted by Tyros
Exiles 41 and 42 are supposed to be about Nocturn before the Exiles! I am very excited...means we will get to finally see daddy Kurt! Awsome cover art as well. To check out the story go here: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... lindex.htm
Dude I been wating to see those come out Man! its going to be cool!:shocked
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

Originally posted by Tyros
that is a beatiful cover:D -its about time they show more of Nocturne's past- see her with her parents
& maybe they'll show more of her band :smirk
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.