Hulk's pants

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Hulk's pants

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Now how do those snappy purple pants stay on that huge guy? In the movie they ripped off in the dog scene, so Ang Lee was obviously being realistic. But in the comics...is it just some incredible ever stretching elastic material? Does anyone know how? I saw in an INcredibly Hulk anthology he was running around with pants WAY to big for him. Is that what he does now? (i'm not a huge Hulk fan)
Should I be? THe movie has me interested but i wanna know if it's worth the $.

So....how do those pants stay on that body. If everything gets big....how does the crotch area stay together?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Hulk's pants

Post by Northstars Love »

Bamfman, Hulk can't be running around naked in the comics. :P He has to keep the purple pants on. heh...kinda a funny question. We just read them as kids, I'm 38, and moved on. Most of us never gave it any thought. In the movies they can do more, but the books are a different story.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Hulk's pants

Post by Garble »

The magic of the comic-code-authority stamp has kept them on for years.

Maybe though Bruce Banner has figured out that waking up after becoming the hulk is difficulted enough without being starkers, and now wears extra strechy purple pants just in case.

A friend of mine once told me about an issue where the Hulk's skin was removed and his healing factor grew it back. The villian (I think it was The Leader) said something like "Please, Dr. Banner... put on some pants before you give the rest of us a complex."
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Hulk's pants

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Unstable molecules, maybe? All I know is that if I could design a line of women's clothes that fit no matter how big you got, I'd be richer than Bill Gates.

Tucked away in the background in one of the early issues of Top Ten is an ad for "Stretch Gamma Pants". It's somewhere in the first TPB - look carefully.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Hulk's pants

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

Originally posted by Garble
The magic of the comic-code-authority stamp has kept them on for years.
:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL

You're so right!

Originally posted by Garble
A friend of mine once told me about an issue where the Hulk's skin was removed and his healing factor grew it back. The villian (I think it was The Leader) said something like "Please, Dr. Banner... put on some pants before you give the rest of us a complex."
Your friend is right, I own that issue :D(though I can't recall the number).

I belive that he really choses ACME trousers which, as we all know, have the best elastic!
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
HumanDisease
Lubber
Lubber

Hulk's pants

Post by HumanDisease »

THIS IS WHY HULK HAS TO WEAR PANTS ALL THE TIME

tun Sie es mich königlich nightcrawler an! Oh -! Gott ja!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hulk's pants

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

ok I meant this to be a speculative thread not a Well DUH it's cuz of the comic code thread. I mean in the comic universe how do you think those dammned things stay on! Even Stan said he couldn't ever explain how.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Hulk's pants

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

His pants could be made out of a special fabric of poly-blend and unstable molecules that adjusts to fit any size and resists most rips and tears.
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
Zix
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Hulk's pants

Post by Zix »

Yep, Bamfman, it’s a good film, though don’t watch it if you just want the action sequences. The Hulk, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the best evidence why a live actor as Nighty was a good idea. It looks good in the shadows but good God, keep that thing out of the light!
On the DVD special edition they’re meant to talk about the trouser dilemma a lot. I don’t know that for certain as I haven’t got it.

Just re-read the thread. In comic verse … purple trousers have special properties. That’s why he doesn’t wear any other colour.
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 31 :engarde

:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunnyBunny impersonator #12 :bunny
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hulk's pants

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Yeah that movie wasn't that great was it? I'm liking the dog scene it's the best scene in the movie. But the fact that I have to say the best scene is when he fights an enlarged crazed french poodle....realies doesn't help the film.
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Hulk's pants

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

[quote]Originally posted by Bamfman86
Now how do those snappy purple pants stay on that huge guy? In the movie they ripped off in the dog scene, so Ang Lee was obviously being realistic.

So....how do those pants stay on that body. If everything gets big....how does the crotch area stay together? [/quote

Someone said on hulkmovie.com that the Hulk grows to about 10'-15' high.I guess,when he grew to a certain height, his pants ripped.

Oh,one more thing,click this link:
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image. ... -ilmad.jpg
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Phantom phan
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hulk's pants

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

AHAHA! that's the funnies picture i've seen in a long time Neko! Thanks for the laugh!
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Hulk's pants

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

There's a :hulk thread that I started and think that everyone here can go.

viewthread.php?tid=3087&page=#pid33591162

Phantom phan
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Hulk's pants

Post by nightcrawler30 »

Originally posted by Neko Cat 7
His pants could be made out of a special fabric of poly-blend and unstable molecules that adjusts to fit any size and resists most rips and tears.
if that is true wouldn't bruce have to wear them all the time?
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.