New Excalibur series!

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

New Excalibur series!

Post by Panz »

Enter Excalibur-exit X-Treme

Newsarama gave a trickle of interesting information on the big Marvel spring Re-load. There is to be a new Excalibur series! If I read the ambiguously worded statement by Mr. Q right, Claremont came up with a new concept for Excali and he and JQ are launching it. It does not come out and SAY that CC will be writing it , however. X-Treme is to morph into another thing entirely, whether that is Excalibur or not is up to interpretation of the wording, but Excali will be replacing X-Treme after April, it seems....

If I've read this entire thing wrong, some one please smack me....your humble, but insomniac mod has had too much jasmine tea this morning and is dashing around like a Gerbil.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

New Excalibur series!

Post by kurtlover »

Geez Annika! i was going to start the thread :p
i read it, i feel happy about it, but i'm full with questions.
Apparently Kitty and Lockheed are back! that's good news.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

New Excalibur series!

Post by Panz »

I'm so hyper this morning heehee, sorry Armi! *Hugs*
I'm hoping that CC is writing it, but I don't trust the wording of the statement...But Excalibur!!!!!!
I wonder who will be on the team?
Panz

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

New Excalibur series!

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Yeah, I just read this somewhere else. It's the most evil bit of teaser I've heard so far.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

New Excalibur series!

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

So who's going to be in it? I don't see Kurt leaving the A-Team, with his current popularity. And it seems like Captain Britain will be the new Mystery Avenger>.....................
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

New Excalibur series!

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

Theres going to be a new Excalibur series
i really liked the old series, be interesting to see what they'll do with this one.
thanks
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

New Excalibur series!

Post by Tyros »

I found this on the Comics Continuum:
X-Treme X-Men #46 in April will be the series' final issue. Look for a new Excalibur title written by Chris Claremont in May.
Hurray for Excalibur!!!!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

New Excalibur series!

Post by Bamfette »

Captain Britain is appearing in Avengers, yes, but Brian and Meggan would still be available for Excalibur....
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

New Excalibur series!

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Bamfette
Captain Britain is appearing in Avengers, yes, but Brian and Meggan would still be available for Excalibur....
...psst. What do you know? Tell me. :cracked
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

New Excalibur series!

Post by Northstars Love »

:thumbup Cool! Excalibur Reborn!

Although the last series was great CC is going to have to top it if the book is going to take off like a rocket . I think that won't be a problem for the 'ol CC. :) But what I plan to do is not assume the book will be anything like the old series. Worst thing you can do IMO. Even Joe Quesada said, "As for Excalibur, not all is as it seems" I take that comment as this book is going to be different from the first series.

I'm really looking forward to the first issue! :D
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

New Excalibur series!

Post by Lauren »

*gets ready to jump around like a dreak, then checks self and sits down calmly* Uh hem...well, I just hope they try to make it as good as the original...that time caper thing was pretty good afterall and I think that will be a hard thing to beat, ESPECIALLY if Nightcrawler's not there.

Then again...Lockheed! Everybody loves Lockheed and I'm glad that he's coming back! *dances for Lockheed*:lockheed
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

As long as it means monthly Kitty, I'm for it

Post by Darkholme »

I'm just hoping this means we get Kitty Pryde back on the scene on a regular basis. I enjoyed Mekanix (even though the ending seemed a lot rushed) and God Loves, Man Kills 2 (moreso for the Kitty/Stryker stuff than the mandatory Logan/Deathstrike). Kitty's one of the few characters in the Marvel Universe that's actually "grown up" and I like the way Claremont handles her...it seems like the logical progression for the Kate we see in Days of Future Past.

I'm officially in ramble mode...I guess my Excalibur short box has a chance of becoming an Excalibur long box. :)
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

New Excalibur series!

Post by Slarti »

Yeah, I just heard this last night. *does the Snoopy dance* I agree with Drew, monthly Kitty is GOOD, and with CC and Alan Davis taking over Uncanny and X-Treme ending it's possible Kurt will be moved to Excalibur when X-Treme characters get shuffled back to the main teams. We'll have to wait and see.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

New Excalibur series!

Post by Diablo »

Hmm... Excalibur is my favorite series. I'm really happy the title is reborn. BUT I hope Kurt will stay with the X-Men.
Do you think we could see Cerise and Kylun again ??? -one may hope...
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

New Excalibur series!

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
...psst. What do you know? Tell me. :cracked
um, actually, in the case of the new Excalibur, that about covers what i know.... :p well there's one *tiny* detail... but that comes out in Avengers #79.

I thought i knew where Kitty (Kitty would have been a monthly feature in X-men without this new Excalibur) and Kurt would be appearing, but at that time this new Excalibur wasn't in the picture. so it may have changed.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

New Excalibur series!

Post by Warbird »

Reading this thread has made me extremly happy and sad all at once. I'm so happy to hear that Excalibur is coming back. I'm really not a fan of X-trem at all and love that series. I'll have to cross my fingers for Sam to get a spot on a good team. Well any team for that matter. But why does Captain Britian have to be an Avenger? WHY??? There allready is a Captain, he's all they need!!! I'm not sure why I'm so opposed to him. All most any other member of Excalibur I wouldn't mind being an Avenger, and it's not that I don't like him. Complaining's not going to change anything though. I'm going to go pout now.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

New Excalibur series!

Post by SheCat »

I've never read an Excaliber, and am a huge X-Treme fan, so I have mized feelings about this. Not a huge fan of Kitty or Lockheed either, but I did like viewing short downloads of Meggan and of course Kurt. It seems that I'll have to wait for it to come out and see for myself.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

New Excalibur series!

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I can't wait to hear more about this. Excalibur was my favorite title, but it wouldn't be the same without Nighty. :o

Now if CC was doing two titles and Kurt was in one of the two, I'd be happy about either. Great to have Kitty back too yaay! :)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

New Excalibur series!

Post by Bamfette »

wait and see, i have a feeling you wont be as dissapointed as you think you may be. there's a GIANT twist. Captain Britain wont be stealing Cap's thunder. ;)
Originally posted by Warbird
Reading this thread has made me extremly happy and sad all at once. I'm so happy to hear that Excalibur is coming back. I'm really not a fan of X-trem at all and love that series. I'll have to cross my fingers for Sam to get a spot on a good team. Well any team for that matter. But why does Captain Britian have to be an Avenger? WHY??? There allready is a Captain, he's all they need!!! I'm not sure why I'm so opposed to him. All most any other member of Excalibur I wouldn't mind being an Avenger, and it's not that I don't like him. Complaining's not going to change anything though. I'm going to go pout now.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

New Excalibur series!

Post by Crawler »

I'm excited about this news, too. Excalibur was such a great series and I'm hoping CC can recapture that feeling and that spark.

Knowing that Davis was going to work with CC on Uncanny and a few rumours circulating that Davis has a good deal of hand right now makes me wonder if (and hope) that Davis will drop off Uncanny either entirely or after the first arc to do Excalibur instead.

But that's PURE conjecture. As is EVERYTHING about this book at this point. You guys shouldn't assume that any of the original lineup will be involved.

I do think that Kurt is probably the most likely original member to make a comeback. But Kitty, last I heard, may be involved elsewhere, so she may not come back.

Immediately assuming that the lineup would be Kurt, Kitty, Britain, Meggan, and Rachel would be folly, I think. It's possible, but just ASSUMING that it's automatically the only possibility is illogical.

So much has happened since the original series that even the idea that CC would WANT to reunite the original cast is doubtful. The idea that CC would be ALLOWED to is even more in doubt.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

New Excalibur series!

Post by scheherazade »

Yeay! and I thought this was just an unfounded rumor! *does happy dance* Although i'm really hoping for a bit of a cast reunion (at least a kitty & lockheed reunion, even if it's not on the Excalibur book. Poor Lockheed) Having the other characters, especially Cerise and Wisdom, on it would be beauteous. (and, if Cerise comes back, even if Kurt is not on Excali, at least they are on the same planet!)

I won't hope for it to be like the original series, but i will hope that it will continue the lighthearted approach to superhero comics that the original did. I think that's the only thing that could dissappoint me about a new Excalibur.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

New Excalibur series!

Post by Bamfette »

right! like i always say, you should never jump to conclusions. thorize, sure, but never ever assume your assumptions WILL be the way it is.

as for me, i know who had Kitty last i heard, and i hope he keeps her, and she DOESN'T get plopped in Excalibur just because. it's not like she'd fall into limbo, anyway. she was still gonna be around no matter what. and i think he could do marvelous things wih the character judging by his past work. I know CC is protective of her and she's 'his' in his eyes and the eyes of many fans. but i want to see this new guys take on her, i was really quite excited about it, and i hope it hasn't changed....

really, all Excalibur is is a team of european heroes. which Kitty is not. what if they used Chamber, or other characters like him, instead?
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

New Excalibur series!

Post by scheherazade »

Well, as I said, I'm just hoping she'll find Lockheed... *g*
really, all Excalibur is is a team of european heroes. which Kitty is not. what if they used Chamber, or other characters like him, instead?
Yes! Chamber would be awesome. Also, Bamfette, Am I correct in interpreting your tease earlier that the Avengers' Captain Britain is not Brian? So maybe he'll be back for Excali, along with Meggan (I love Megs) And Pete Wisdom and Rahne? Lessee... Who else is from the UK... (too bad Psylocke's dead)
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

New Excalibur series!

Post by Panz »

This is not going to be yur mama's Excali, kiddies...wait-n-see :D
Panz

Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

New Excalibur series!

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

I would love to see Kitty & Lockheed join an x-team (i dont read x-treme x-men) i would also like to see Rachel Summers back on a team (i dont know where shes been)
too bad Colossus is dead
do you think they'll create some new European mutants for this-
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.