X-Statix Vs. Avengers

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

New News! [spoiler]Phat and El Guapo just died in the Back From the Dead storyline, so I guess we won't be seeing them around.[/spoiler]. That might screw up some of our original ideas, but I doubt it.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Warbird »

Nope. They had nothing to do with anything I read. Besides, Phat seemed lame and would have just been destroyed by what Avenger had gotten him anyway. I mean, it would have been cool to have an easy win for the Avengers, but in reality what fun would that be?
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

The new X-Statix is awesome! [spoiler]Okay, I may be a biased Dead Girl and Anarchist lover, but I still think this issue was really fun. Anarchist was written very well, especially his sore loser attitude. And Dead Girl whooped Wanda's butt, which made me go into my usual fangirl reality-lapse. I never knew Dead Girl had that power; she seems to be slowly becoming the X-Statix powerhouse (instead of Orphan and Venus, previously). But poor Tike, I wonder how they'll put Doop back together in time to fight Thor. Poor Tike :).[/spoiler] He needs Dead Girl to kiss away all those hurts. :D

Yeah, I'm shameless for the Death and Anarchy Roadshow.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by SheCat
Well, he tapes missions, but it's been suggested that he's match for even Wolverine (and God knows nobody can beat Wolverine :rolleyes). He does have potentially infinite power, as they say. We're not being sarcastic. He's a little deus ex machina in booger form. Secret weapon, if you will.

Accursed Marvel Encyclopedia doesn't give a description in English...
Pssst.

I didn't like most of X-Statix enough to go back and find/translate all the Doop-speak, but maybe someone here does... if anyone DOES go back and translate all the apparently hilarious jokes, be sure to report back as to if they're actually side-splitters. I'm curious, just not curious enough.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by zati1 »

just heard that x-statix is cancelled after the avengers storyline finishes up...sucks because it was a really great book, but it has really been losing its touch lately, i think.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

I heard that too, but so far it's just a rumor. 'll miss it if it goes. :(
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Diablo »

For the Drastic Spastic :
issue#21, here is what Doop said:
You guys are gonna be sorry/Can a brother get some aspirine ?/ Okay Fabio. You're toast.

I just love Doop's lines. And, yes, I do translate all of them.:D not for long, since this wonderful title is officially getting cancelled. :(
It's a shame ! The X-Statix/Avengers storyline is one of the best. I wonder where all those cool characters will land... Limboes ??
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Diablo
For the Drastic Spastic :
issue#21, here is what Doop said:
You guys are gonna be sorry/Can a brother get some aspirine ?/ Okay Fabio. You're toast.
Thanks! :kiss

I for one hope to never ever see Guy Smith again when this series is over. Just. Can't. Stand. Him. He's such a whiny little dickweed.

Oh! Unless he shows up in something written by Garth Ennis and gets his jerky butt kicked into mulch. I'd like to see that. :)
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

Yes! Down with Mr. Sensitive! I really can't stand him, he's so dang irritating. Always whining about something or other and he's lame anyway.

Then again, I'm just hoping to see Dead Girl and Anarchist get their crazy pseudo-necrophilic anti-racist groove on! Death and Anarchy Roadshow rules...:D Urk, I'm shamelessly a fangirl for those two.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Diablo »

I don't agree, people. Guy Smith is my favourite X-statix-man, just BECAUSE he cries all the time. Really funny, indeed ! :D

And Doop, my god ! I hope Doop will get his own ongoing series !!

Just imagine...

DOOP #435 (Alan Moore/Alan Davis)
the three thousandth's end of the multiverse. Part 5 of 5.
"Cataclysmic final issue of the story-arc that shattered the Marvel Universe ! Witness the omniscient Doop -the character who brought Alan Moore back to mainstream comics- fight the Galactus Sisters and the Phoenix people all by himself !... And what happens to Doopette when her bisexual son travels back in time to steal the first recipe of the ice-cream ??"

:D
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue