X-Men: Reloaded 2004

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

As far as I can tell, District X will debut in May ...I don't know much about it yet...

To me, it is an inevitable that Psylocke will returne, I am just curious as to HOW CC plans it.

Personally, it would devalue the sacrifice that he made for Colossus to come back. Leave him lie.

The Ex X team mate could be either Kitty or Bets...CC is *such* a tease... :p
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Well, I know they would never bring back Colossus unless he was a Colossus from an alternate universe. lol Tis possible if they wanted to. :)

I just heard the rumor about Psylocke NZ. I wasn't sure how old that rumor was. But it seems that now it is quite a possiblity she'll return. I also have lost ten years of X-Men comic history so some of these stories I have missed. So anything that has happened in the past ten years from last May and backward I'm not familiar with.

I'm still catching up with some New stories. lol
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I'm in the same boat NL, I only know bits and pieces of story arcs from about 225 (I switched to Excalibur) to about 400.

There is a site that has synopsies of many issues, although they are missing some here and there. Not as good as reading the entire book, but it can help fill in the gaps.
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/

Hope this helps :)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Thanks Shadow! They have quite a bit of knowledge over there. Haven't got into full force reading their info tho. I've read some bio's but not all. lol

I really want to read the issues themselves tho. I hear some arcs are pretty good. :)

btw, I love your new avatar! ;)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

what, no one's read Lying in the Gutters today? :evil
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

You mean the article about Bryan Singer and the X-Men movie writers writing a year's worth of Ultimate X-Men, or the one about Chuck Austen and Salvador Larrocca on New X-Men while Joss Whedon and Cassaday launch Astonishing X-Men?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

both i guess. though i have no idea if the Brian Singer thing is true or not.
Machina
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Machina »

YAY Chuck and Sal....If it's true and I think it is I have a good feeling about it. I kind
of had fun reading the posts of the people
reaction...People can be well I will not go there.....just want to say for us Austen fans this is good to hear I wonder with this change what kind of stories has Chuck descided to go in...with Reload I wonder if he has came into a new direction with his stories.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I haven't dared go anywhere but here, but i hear the reaction is.... extreme... :p:LMAO

well, I think from all i have heard, they are gonna let him drop some of the soap. Uncanny = classic and the 'soapy' title. New = modern. Astonishing = ultra modern
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Post by Winged Outlaw »

*Sighs dejectedly hearing some of the names he hears*

I'll give it a chance, but a lot of what I'm hearing is making me think I'm gonna end up not reading X-Men again.

Oh well, there's still Wildstorm.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

Bamfette, you should see some of the posts :tonguewag

Iv'e been having so much fun stomping trolls :toothy

But seriously, I think there will be a good bunch of titles, I'm considering everything a wild rumor until I'm holding the book in my hand...:P
Panz

Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Originally posted by Panz
Bamfette, you should see some of the posts :tonguewag

Iv'e been having so much fun stomping trolls :toothy

But seriously, I think there will be a good bunch of titles, I'm considering everything a wild rumor until I'm holding the book in my hand...:P
What about the people who've had legitimate problems with Chuck's run and are simply stating apprehension about him moving on to yet another X-Title?
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

Winged Outlaw...the ones that I'm talking about are the ones that say "I HATE *insert name of creator* he is a bastard and needs to die" or any other threats, personal name calling... :smirk isn't that a bit over the top?

It's hurtful and in bad taste.
Panz

Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

To be honest I'm not crying my heart out about Chuck Austen nolonger writing Nightcrawler. I don't hate Chuck Austen as a writer, nor do I think Chris Claremont is the greatest writer on earth. However CC is the only one who can write a truly great Nightcrawler, other then Alan Davis. Oh and what do you know, those two are together again on Uncanny. Nightcrawler is where he belongs. As for Chuck, he wrote a decent Kurt, but along the way mishandled him. In the end he royally screwed him up with Draco. However Austen has written the best version of the character Juggernaut I've ever seen. Just like with any writer, there are certain characters they can write well, and certain ones they can't. That's just the way of life. This is my take on the rosters come this X-Men Reload in May.

Astonishing X-Men: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Beast, Shadowcat, Wolverine, and a ressurrected Colossus.

Uncanny X-Men: Storm, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Rouge, Bishop, and Sage.

X-Men: Iceman, Havok, Polaris, Husk, Jubilee, Juggernaut, and Northstar.

Excaliber: Xavier, Archangel, Psylocke, Cannonball, Magma, Sunspot, and Rachel Summers.
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Oh I hope you are right. I like Nighty and Storm. She can make him blush. Who is this Rouge I keep hearing about? And in which team will Rogue be?
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I just think Rouge=Rogue when you type too fast. :)

Gambit~Iceman, I think you're right about the teams !
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Yes I ment Rogue, now only if we could squeeze a little bit more info out of Bamfette about what's going on in Austen's book. Rumor is he may have Forge.
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I wouldn't count on him using Forge. In a Wizard interview, when asked who his least favorite X-man was, he said Forge. His reasoning was that he had heard somewhere that Forge raped Storm, and although he knows it didn't happen and was probably some fan using it as a metaphor for runing her character or something, having that image in his head ruined the character for him.
msgt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by msgt »

I'm not totally sure but I think Forge is going to be used in the Mystique series?

Seems like I read that somewhere.

Mike
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Forge HAS been used in the Mystique series since teh beginning. He's the Q to Mystiques' Bond.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Anyone have any clue where Northstar's going? Or if he's just fading into obscurity...? *sob*
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Well, I want to know the same thing since he's my love *points to username*:northie

He may very well stay with Uncanny. He could also go to X-Men(formally New). I haven't heard much on him and where he'd be going. I pray not back to Alpha Flight. :urg

Does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge on this?:?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Northstar.... go bye-bye..... :( Chuck begged for him, he wanted the character badly, but editors wouldn't let him. he first assumed it was because they wanted to put him back in Alpha Flight, but looks like that's not it, and he's not on any of the other X teams....

and no, he doesn't have Forge last i heard.... all but two come from the current Uncanny lineup, but there will be characters cut from that, (obviously, since CC got Nightcrawler, Husk and Archangel :p) and two new (well, not NEW new..... new to the lineup) characters.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Originally posted by Bamfette
Northstar.... go bye-bye..... :( Chuck begged for him, he wanted the character badly, but editors wouldn't let him. he first assumed it was because they wanted to put him back in Alpha Flight, but looks like that's not it, and he's not on any of the other X teams....
If Chuck wanted Northie so badly why doesn't Marvel give Northie to Chuck so Northie doesn't end up in obscurity? Or at least let him be in Academy X to teach the New Mutants. I'll even accept having him go back to Alpha Flight which I have been against all along. I don't want him to just fade away. :bawl

Ok, now I'm really upset!:mad
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

the editors wouldn't tell Chuck a reason. he and i have a theory, but.... it's just a theory. and it involves something that's super top secret, so i can't say... you wouldn't like it though.

looks like the teams have sorta been revealed, though: http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread. ... adid=10671

but, there is still room for adjustment, Chuck tells me his team is in flux for the first arc, and Rogue may not end up staying.