X-Men: Reloaded 2004

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by Bamfette
the editors wouldn't tell Chuck a reason. he and i have a theory, but.... it's just a theory. and it involves something that's super top secret, so i can't say... you wouldn't like it though.
I could imagine a few. And no I wouldn't be happy.
looks like the teams have sorta been revealed, though: http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread. ... adid=10671

but, there is still room for adjustment, Chuck tells me his team is in flux for the first arc, and Rogue may not end up staying.

I'm assuming that Nighty and Storm are in Uncanny and Gambit and Juggs will be in X-Men? Cool. I can deal with that. heh...and Wolvie in both books. :rolleyes :LOL
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Alrighty if anybody doesn't know by now here's the rosters for at least 3 of the books.

Astonishing X-Men: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Beast, Shadowcat, and Wolverine

Uncanny X-Men: Storm, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Sage, Rachel Summers, Banshee, and Wolverine

X-Men: Havok, Polaris, Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, Juggernaut, and Wolverine

Those are legit folks, now as far as Excaliber goes I can't confirm this, but from what I've heard, rumors circling the net, and simple detective skills this is who I see being in Excaliber, Xavier, Archangel, Husk, Forge, Cannonball, and Psylocke
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

neat-o.

i'm mad that northstar is a goner, he really never...well he really never did anything.

also, i'm hoping chuck doesn't write rogue and remy like this lovey-dovey gag me couple claremont writes them as. in fact, i wouldn't mind not seeing them at all...but that's just me.

wolverine appears in every x-title, eh? how surprising... :rolleyes

i wanna know who the two "mysterious" members of uncanny are...i'm guessing cannonball (with a super-duper uber-ugly costume) and either siryn or rachel summers (they both used to have green/yellow costumes and red hair...it's a toss up!)

the uncanny costumes are, for the most part, rather campy. i dunno whether or not i like them yet.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

So those are the deffinitive teams? mmmp interesting, Bishop's there. :smirk
Its a shame Northstar is not around anymore, i like him very much.
....waitasecond? Rachel is back? amazing!!!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

That's Rachel? She's back? :shocked Well, it seems X characters that have been gone awhile are returning to the fold.

The Reload will be very interesting indeed.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Ah crap! Wolverine's in everything again? CRAP! And am I the only one who really doesn't care for those costumes?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

I'm surprised that Banshee's back, I'm looking forward to Uncanny a little more now.
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Originally posted by Gambit~Iceman

Uncanny X-Men: Storm, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Sage, Rachel Summers, Banshee, and Wolverine
Looks more like Cannonball to me.

So- as far as this surprise character the Uncanny Solicits refered to- I'm guessing Piotr or Jean.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if it's Johnny Proudstar?

EDIT:

Am I the only one who noticed that there's a Summers on every team?
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
[/i]

Looks more like Cannonball to me.

NZ, it looks like Cannonball to me too. :P

EDIT:

Am I the only one who noticed that there's a Summers on every team?
I knew that too! lol
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

No Northstar? But...but...*sob* :bawl They're not even going to send the poor guy to Alpha Flight? And Austen even *wanted* to give him a home? I wasn't exactly thrilled with him in Chuck's hands, as in the issues I read he rarely seemed to go long w/o having to discuss his sexuality with someone, but it was better than having him retired into obscurity.... *sob* He's a cool character. What a waste.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

:D I 'm a pretty happy Shadow looking at the roster for UXM, although my feelings are somewhat ambiguous about Bishop and Cannonball.

I am happy to see Logan in this book because I like his friendship with Kurt. But God, does he have to be in every book! :yell
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Well it seems that the blonde guy on Uncanny's cover is more or less Banshee, since Cannonball has just been confirmed for X-Force. The new X-Force book will hit in September, there is an interview with Rob Liefield over at Newsrama if people want to read it.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

True, but that's a limited- so it could be something he does on the side

We'll have to wait for Marvel to comment, I guess
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Well X-Force really isen't a mini, it's more a 12 issue Maxi-Series, that has the possibility of becoming a regular ongoing series if sales do well

Bamfette could you please just give us a little bit more of a tid bit of what's going on please, who else is in flux from leaving Austen's book? and what else is happening?
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Oh no ! It isn't fair ! Wolvie -with his ridiculous yellow costume- is everywhere, and Chuck or Joss Whedon couldn't get Nightcrawler ?? Something is really wrong.. :( Also, I don't really like the spandex come-back. I guess we have no choice...

I'm sad for Northstar too BUT I hope Banshee is really back.
Couldn't that be Syrin -as the new Banshee AND Cannonball on the Uncanny cover ?? Sean Cassidy hasn't got blond hair.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Icey
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Icey »

Originally posted by Gambit~Iceman
Well it seems that the blonde guy on Uncanny's cover is more or less Banshee, since Cannonball has just been confirmed for X-Force. The new X-Force book will hit in September, there is an interview with Rob Liefield over at Newsrama if people want to read it.
The guy on Uncanny is probably Cannonball - X-Force is only a miniseries
~ THIS is a KNIFE, the focused totality of my telepathic abilies, and it'll cut alot deeper than your BANANA! ~ :bets Psylocke (Excalibur#56)
~ Now, I like tall, dark strangers as much as the next girl *SMASH* but when an unexpected gentleman caller gets a little too fresh with me, I'm not afraid to remind him of his poor, inexcusable manners, KIIYAHH!, with a swift kick to the more sensitive parts of his person! ~ :bets Psylocke (Crimson Dawn #2)
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

With this whole reload happening, does anyone know where Siryn is?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

as far as i know she's not going to be appearing anywhere, atleast not as a team member.

as for who all is in flux... I just don't know anymore. Editorial is a mess. frankly, i have stopped caring. everything i have heard about it dulls my excitement more and more. it's not 'X-Men: Reloaded' it's 'X-Men: Reverted'. everything done in the past couple years is being systematically undone... and they even take it a step (or three) further than that.... if you liked Morrison, if you liked mature and intelligent stories, you'll HATE Reloaded. I am sure the writers will do the best they can, and the issues may even bewell written, technically. may be entertaining in small doses, even. but they'll sure as hell be boring in the long run. and some of the story ideas proposed by editors are just... ugh... I think i am done with Marvel, yes ALL of Marvel, until Buckley is gone. I'll give it a chance, but i am not holding out much hope, anymore. even though the surprise character Chuck may be getting is pretty damn cool, and he writes them well. as it stands i am more excited about Superman's reboot, a character i have never really cared for, more than i am about X-Men. THAT sounds interesting from all sides.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

everything done in the past couple years is being systematically undone...
Oh my GOD! Kurt's gonna be a priest again!?

Ditto with the 'give it a chance but most likely finished with Marvel' train of thought for this little black duck.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Previews for Uncanny post-reload

Post by Panz »

Millarworld has previews for the first issue of Uncanny post re-load with Claremont and Davis.

Check it out
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

hmm not sure about the new direction of the book. but the whole "baseball game" angle definitely makes it feel really retro. especially cannonball's costume (::shudders::)

and i'm not so keen on scott's new visor, or beast's "frumpy" look in astonishing.
msgt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by msgt »

I wonder will fans of Morrison's style X-men enjoy Astonishing? I was hoping that would be my main book that I'd enjoy.

The X-men do seem to be taking a big step backwards. But thats just the feeling I've got from the various interviews and previews.

I know Uncanny seems really retro, but it was supposed to be I thought.

What about Austen's and Whedon's books? Are they gonna be more mature or is it going to be more of the same just with different coating?

I will say I will try all the books and I don't want to pre-judge.

I absolutely loved Morrison's New X-men. I liked the style and I liked what he brough to the X-books. I was enjoying the stories and I felt like I was reading good comics.

I also liked how he made the X-men more than just super heros and more than mutants who like to fight each other for no apparent reason.

So I hope that there is a book in Reload that is more modern and edgy and one that I'd like.

I've always like X-men, so I know I could like the others books, but I'm hoping for one I could really really enjoy.

And on the fanboy geeky side of myself... I miss Jean Grey :( lol

Mike :p
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

have you been reading Lying in the Gutters? if not, do, and read a few back in the archives to the one about making the entire MU 'kid friendly'. it's true. and it barely scratches the surface.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Yeah yeah yeah whatever. ALAN DAVIS!!!

It's so fucking strange to be the happy one for a change. But I like it. :evil
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

have you been reading Lying in the Gutters? if not, do, and read a few back in the archives to the one about making the entire MU 'kid friendly'. it's true. and it barely scratches the surface.
great, so either we enjoy "lighthearted" and bad word/situation-free dialog, or we bitch and moan a lot.

literally 98% of my titles are from marvel, and i will be SO pissed if they start writing stories for 10-year olds. because i am most definitely not a freaking 10 year old. dammit.