Excalibur - "Cross Time Caper"

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TelegramSam »

My mom is the coolest. She found me a huge pile of Excalibur comics at some junk shop and got them for me, and it's the whole cross time caper series save a few odd missing issues. Nighty's not really a huge part the stories, but he does get tangled up with old Anjulie and he gets to be very sweet and disgustingly cute with Meggan when she's whinging about Captain Britain's lack of attentions.

Yay for fuzzy comics! :read And boohiss @ Anjulie for seducing poor Nighty (not that he put up much of a fight)! :whistle
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by TelegramSam
And boohiss @ Anjulie for seducing poor Nighty (not that he put up much of a fight)!
I wouldn't have.

It's too bad Marvel never put these out as a trade. Alan Davis's art is gorgeous, Claremont's writing is at its peak, and issue #16 is one of the best Nightcrawler stories ever.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Tis one of my all time favs as well. Very well written story and Kurt wearing that sexy outfit doesnt hurt my feelings either. ;)

One thing Ive always wanted to mention. If someone was looking for a story idea as to Nightcrawlers origin, this might have been a better choice of dimension. If you’ve never noticed, the race of blue beings have three fingered hands like Kurt. Although they don’t have tails and we have no way of knowing if they are furred or not.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Yes, but Kitty skewered her like a kabob in the end... what always got me was that jaunting train...Yo Chris, Alan...ease up on the tequila huh? :p

There were some great issues before Raab killed the series.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
If someone was looking for a story idea as to Nightcrawlers origin, this might have been a better choice of dimension. If you’ve never noticed, the race of blue beings have three fingered hands like Kurt.
Not to mention all the swashbuckling stories that could have been set there. Its just a fun place, which would make it even more appropriate.

*idly speculates about Kurt starting the first interdimesional missionary organization*
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TelegramSam »

Why was this moved here? It has plenty to do with our favorite fuzzy elf. :?

*is confused*

whatever...
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

It was moved because its more related to the comics.
Cross Time Caper is great! unfortunally i don't own all the issues, of course i'm planning in getting them all.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Cross time caper was good while Davis was doing it...but some of the issues had some artists that were not to my taste. Also towards the end it seemed to drag.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TelegramSam »

yea, some of them got kind of boring (or silly soap-opera-melodramatic), but overall I think it was a good series. I just wish that Nightcrawler had played a more central part.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

I have all of them. It gets kinda lame towards the end, in one of the issues the girls from the "lovely angels/dirty pair" manga actually make a guest appearance I think, but it isn't very read-worthy. Stick to the ones drawn and written by Alan Davis and CC!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TelegramSam »

Well I finally managed to find the two missing issues today, and the guy in the comic book shop didn't look at me funny like he usually does so I'm in a good mood now.

*hugs her X2 Nightcrawler dollie*