Uncanny X-Men General Discussion Reload

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

That's a bit.. long I suppose (that's gotta be a record).. that's what I didn't like about some of Claremont's arcs: the fact that the story went on for way too long, so hopefully I won't regret getting all twelve of those issues if the story could've actually been cut down to like six or seven issues..
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Alright are y'all happy to see Brubacker come in, Billy Tan too, or are you sad to see Claremont go? Let's get some disscussion in here, any Claremont supporters out there?
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by confusedelf
Alright are y'all happy to see Brubacker come in, Billy Tan too, or are you sad to see Claremont go? Let's get some disscussion in here, any Claremont supporters out there?
I've got nothing about Chris but his insistence on focusing on Rachel and Betsy is really pissing me off…there are other X-Men on the team…don’t we all have the right to see our favourite shine? I want to read Uncanny X-Men not The Adventures of Marvel Girl and Psylocke.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

:dance

According to Clay Henry's devart journal, he's starting work on Uncanny Xmen as of issue 477!!!! You KNOW I'm buying it now!!! WOOO!!!!!

:dance
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Is Clay Henry that guy who's doing the annual?
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

Clay Henry doing the art on the annual? No! He's Lajitas, Texas's beer-drinking goat mayor!

(that's it, I'm moving back up north)
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

LOL!!!! OMG ID! Thats fucking brilliant!

Clay is doing work on the Annual, but he's becoming the regular artist for Uncanny as well....which is. Well. Wooo!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

What's great about Clay Henry? (Aside from sharing a name with a beer-drinking goat.) It's vaguely familiar, but I don't connect the name with 'great'.

I may read it when Brubaker starts writing. Wait, has he already started writing? I haven't been paying attention.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

He starts in July Spaz, his a pretty good artist from what I've seen so hopefully good art+good writing= good comic book.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
What's great about Clay Henry? (Aside from sharing a name with a beer-drinking goat.) It's vaguely familiar, but I don't connect the name with 'great'.

I may read it when Brubaker starts writing. Wait, has he already started writing? I haven't been paying attention.
I'm a big Henry fan....he did Exiles in the 20s-30s, like Austens 616 crossover arc...he also did Apocalypse vs Dracula recently, and was on Hellions...ummm...he did that little "Death becomes gambit" story in Xmen too...

I like his style. Its stylized enough without being over the top..and its just a bit cartoony. It just works. And his men are typically fucking HOT.

Case in point:

(dude, am I the ONLY one who finds Poccy scratching his chin to be ADORABLE???)

[Edited on 23/5/06 by NachtcGleiskette]

[Edited on 23/5/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

The previews are up for the annual at Comics Continuum...just pictures, no words...Kurt's looking mighty pissed on page 2...wonder why :smirk

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

[spoiler]Judging by the blood stains on Storm, I'd say there was an assassination attempt or something[/spoiler] :shifty
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I've seen that crotch shot before... hmmm. *insert Poccy scratching his chin here because yes it is cute*
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Nightcrawler was selected, Brubaker, said because he wanted a character from the Giant-Size X-Men team. "Nightcrawler is immensely loyal to Xavier," he said.
Is that the only reason he chose him? Am I the only one more than a little concerned about that? It's almost as if he got in 'cos he was the only he could have, with Wolverine and Colossus taken by Whedon, Banshee and Thunderbird dead and Storm as good as...I guess he could have gone with Sunfire...

This does not bode well...not well at all...

Or am I just being an itty bitty pessimist?

*EDIT*

Okay...found a bit more from him on a different site...
Nightcrawler is an incredibly cool character who I've now found is incredibly hard to write while doing stuff, because he can be anywhere at any second, so that's a bit of a challenge during fight scenes, but thankfully Billy's doing a great job on making the crazy stuff I ask him to do look good. Nightcrawler I needed. I needed one of the "Giant Sized X-Men" team and needed one of the core X-Men characters to be on this. I was thinking, "What if I brought in Angel?" Well, Angel's not a whole lot of good on a space ship. What's he going to do, fly down the halls? [laughs] I thought about it and Nightcrawler also has this immense loyalty to Professor X. Even with all that's happened since then, Professor X changed his whole life for the better and so, I felt I needed somebody like that who'll be there just out of loyalty, even after everything that Professor X has done with the whole Danger Room thing and "Deadly Genesis" and "House of M."
Feel a little better...not much...but a little...

[Edited on 2-6-2006 by Nandireya]

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Personally, it's nice to see a writer focusing on that aspect of his personality for a bit. We haven't seen it for a while.

Why the hell should Brubaker have said he wants him? For comedic relief? Because he's already there so I guess he might as well stay? No, "loyal" is quite all right with me. Bring it, Brubaker!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I was concerned about the first quote saying he just wanted someone from Giant Size #1...him saying he's needed is much nicer :D

He was there so he might as well stay? Isn't that the way Joss picked most of his team :smirk

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

If Brubaker thought so hard about Kurt, I wonder what his reasons for choosing the other team members might be.. any body else thinking he may have Rachel pick up where her Mother left off thirty years ago? :naughty :phoenix
Kaileighblue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Kaileighblue »

Clayton Henry also has a Deviant art account he posts too If anyone wants to see more. http://clayton-henry.deviantart.com/

It's fun to watch :D Can't wait for his art.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
I've seen that crotch shot before... hmmm. *insert Poccy scratching his chin here because yes it is cute*
Thats like...the crotch shot to end all crotch shots....
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Hmm...fun fact for the day, the person who is working for O*N*E as the Psychologist, orginally was the psychologist for X-Factor....the more you know....
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Val Cooper? I thought she had a larger role than just the Psychologist, but I guess it was just cause Bishop spent so much time sucking up to her:shifty
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

No it was Leonard Samson, that male Polaris, which the green hair and all.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Um...isn't his hair Hulk-related?

idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

His hair is indeed Hulk related! The longer it is, the stronger he is (I'm pretty sure...). The Doc Samson mini-series just ended, so you may be able to find all five issues. It's really pretty fun - a mixture of super-strength fisticuffs and super hero psychology.

As for Uncanny ... can't wait to see what Brubaker does.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

:LOL That is one of the stupidest powers I've ever heard of.. so what, he'll be powerless if someone were to pull out a chunk of his hair?

And in my stupid defense, Cooper was in X-Factor too:shifty