X-Men General Discussion Reload

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Yeah, Sammy bit the dust. Of course we knew this how? :smirk :LOL

Anyway, I felt sorry for Juggs really. Its going to hurt him for the rest of his life since the last thing Sammy said to Juggs was don't touch him and stay away. What really affected me was when Xorn said a spirit crossed over. Kinda gave me an eerie feeling. Not one of fear mind you. Just a feeling of poor Sammy's dead with Xorn sensing it. :sammy RIP
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Sorry, I didn't manage to use the spoilers so...

SPOILERS

Issue#163 :

Hey ! I can't believe it !
Northstar is back !! Yiiiheee! I'm happy Chuck decided to use him for his two final issues ! His bitter dialogue perfectly reflects Chuck's state of mind towards Marvel I guess...
I'm also glad Juggy hasn't changed his colours. I suspect he won't stay at the X-mansion under Milligan's reign-what a shame ! -but he's an X-man at heart now ! :)
The issue even made me like Gambit -a character I never appreciated.
That's X-action as I love it !
Again, I'm SO gonna miss Chuck. And I'm SO gonna buy Worldwatch to have my monthly Austen fix !!
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Though almost laughably bad as a composition, Heroes and Villains admittedly had quite a few good moments. Sammy’s death was touching, and the second fight between the X-Men and Brotherhood (when they lost, and believably so) was really quite dramatic. Unfortunately, there was a lot of bad to go along with the good, and in the end the Brotherhood proved to be a rather ineffective group, attacking the X-Men mindlessly with no real chance of success (outnumbered, overpowered, poor leadership, etc.). Not to mention the fact that [spoiler]while Nocturne’s sacrifice is believable and necessary, Cain’s sacrifice was pointless, adding up to him simply not wanting to get out of the way. You can’t argue he was needed to restrain the Brotherhood, as Mammomax was knocked out and the rest of them were pretty well occupied. It was just a sloppy way of killing off an Austen character (since this version of Juggernaut is nothing like the versions seen before, and that’s a good thing), which is surprising considering Sammy and Marilyn’s deaths were pretty good.[/spoiler]

Still… Austen could have done much worse for a finale. Gotta say I’m happy to see him go though.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Hooray ! It was Winged Outlow's last lowblow towards Chuck's work... :rolleyes
Hit a man when he's leaving...

Cain's sacrifice was necessary. He disappeared as a hero, to watch out for Nocturne. And to prove to Sammy what he had in his heart.
If that isn't a beautiful sacrifice ?
That, and Northstar's return made my day !

An amazing final issue.
Chuck's X-Men will last as my personal favourites, along with Chris Claremont's first's run, Alan Davis's Excalibur and Peter David's X-Factor.

Now a question :
Who the hell is Carter's father ??? We'll never know ??
And who is his imaginary friend ? Cassandra Nova ??
www.atlantys.biz

Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Please. I don’t like it so obviously it’s a low blow. Never mind the fact that I admit there are parts that I like and my only real complaint is it’s failure to gel together as a whole unit.

But you’re right, unless a person loves 100% of what’s in the issue, he must be a little troll who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Juggernaut’s sacrifice was, at best, a sloppy editorial-mandated command. In fact, pretty much all the deaths appeared to be that way. Considering that every other X-Man was able to get out of the way, as well as the fact that Xorn’s action was laughably extreme considering the fact that most of the Brotherhood was incapacitated and Tom would’ve gone down easily had Iceman not acted like a rookie, Juggernaut’s “death” was a waste. Shame considering it was one of the very few things that I liked about Chuck’s run.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

No. It's that line.

[quote]
Austen could have done much worse for a finale. Gotta say I’m happy to see him go though.
[/quote]

It's that line that made me angry.
I've seen it too many times at Xfan. I had hoped not to see it there.
www.atlantys.biz

Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Winged Outlaw »

[quote]Originally posted by Diablo
No. It's that line.

[quote]
Austen could have done much worse for a finale. Gotta say I’m happy to see him go though.
[/quote]

It's that line that made me angry.
I've seen it too many times at Xfan. I had hoped not to see it there. [/quote]
But... I am happy to see him go. Just as others have been happy to see Grant Morrison go, as well as other creators whose work they didn't like. How is it not valid to want to see someone who wrote stuff you didn't like to leave the book. I'm not saying everyone should be happy, ust that I am, plain and simple.

Make no mistake, you're just mad I don't agree with you. Which is allowed, but don't expect me to feel bad about it.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

For the record, I wasn't "happy" Morrison left New X-Men.
E is for Extinction was brilliant. Here comes tomorrow was highly enjoyable, too. He knew how to write original, innovative stuff. But when it came to Magneto, it was a mess for me.
Austen, I liked all of his run.
His Juggernaut, his Northstar, his crazy Lorna, his angry Iceman, Nurse Annie, Sammy, Carter, the familiy he created for Nightcrawler, the power boost he gave to Warren, the Black Tom/Cain broken friendship, his take on Exiles,...
He is not Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman but he is a very talented writer and I'll miss him.
That's all.
www.atlantys.biz

Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

All right this me trying to jumpstart parts of the forums here in Nightscrawlers.

I started getting X-Men on Issue 181, right before the Apocalyspe arc started and I am rather impressed.

Milligan is doing a great job on Apocalyspe, making him want to have the mutants see him as a savior.

The Horsemen have been interesting Sunfire, Gambit, and Polaris, and some guy named Gazer.

I know that Sunfire and Polaris are back or are going to be back with the X-Men but I want at least someone to stay evil(Gambit) since if they all turn back it loses the meaning of being a horseman.
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

But why is it always Gambit who's got to be the traitor?
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'd rather Sunfire remain bad, while Gambit disappears for a while.. maybe turning to Sinister to revert him back to his old self:shifty
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Review for X-Men #186

I liked this arc and this comic, of course Gambit fans are p.o'ed at Gambit becoming "Death" a.k.a. Fartman, but you can just ignore them, they're crazy(apoligizes to Nacht and paws). I really loved the art in this issue, it really helps the story along, which turns this good story into an even better one. I really liked Milligan's version of Poccy giving him a personality rather than him just being a "Must Destory stuff" standard villian. I also liked how the Scribe got his revenge and such, but I was a bit put off at how every x-horseman didn't have that much happen to them. I mean Remy went off with Sunfire to start the New comic series "The Adventures of Sunfire and Fartman" In issue one we find out what happens if Sunfire and Remy activate their powers at the same time gas+fire=pain!

But I'm just rambling on....I'd give this comic a B+ for good art and a good story. The New Avengers were an interesting add-on.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by confusedelf
Review for X-Men #186

I liked this arc and this comic, of course Gambit fans are p.o'ed at Gambit becoming "Death" a.k.a. Fartman
I think I'm missing something here.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

Now, instead of charging objects, Remy can change the air around him into poisonous gas. Like, kill people poison gas. Sunfire still catches on fire.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

*Nacht calls LAME

LAME LAME LAME!!!

I'm sorry. I dislike Milligan's writing ALOT. Does it have to do with the fact he doesn't like Nocturne?? Hmmmm.....yeah, no it has to do with the fact I've been so less than bowled over by his stories. OK, some of his stuff has been ok. But this Poccy thing? I dunno, I can't get into it. At all. The art is REALLY throwing me, like Larocca is usually pretty flawless, and very recognisable, but who the hell do they have on inks and colors?? This painterly (used lightly....cause its not very painterly as much as it is "like a painting") style does nothing for Larocca's pencils, and seems to kind of muddy it all up. I'd like to see what Sal's pencil's looked like before they were colored actually....hmmm

Ok, we allllll know I'm a newly found Gambit fan (BAH fizzle!). And like...the concept of him as Death....I dunno. It's so....liek wtf?/ I don't hate it, though I wish it were done better. I have to admit, I felt SO bad for Rogue when he first comes out. That was sad, though otherwise?? Blah....

The rest of the arc? I dunno, I can't even keep up with it. I'm honestly reading it because Gambit fans on Xfan are all in a tizzy because it seems like he'll be out of the books for a while. (They seem to forget he's frikken Gambit...and he most likely will be back quite shortly....)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by idsunki
Now, instead of charging objects, Remy can change the air around him into poisonous gas. Like, kill people poison gas. Sunfire still catches on fire.

Hahaha! Why?? (Cause I know amusing me isn't a reason.)

Milligan... I haven't read any of his allegedly bad stuff, but all of the allegedly good stuff just makes me want to make his characters into real people so I can kill their stupid whiny asses.

I haven't read any X-Men for ages. Still not good, huh?
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

It was okay, but I guess since I didn't read the Black Panther crossover I haven't seen his bad stuff.. so who is the new writing team for X-Men?
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by confusedelf
It was okay, but I guess since I didn't read the Black Panther crossover I haven't seen his bad stuff.. so who is the new writing team for X-Men?
? I thought you would know.

I found this on the X-Axis... and yeah, that's pretty much why I can't stand Milligan's stuff.

"Ultimately, we've got the problem here that afflicts a lot of Peter Milligan stories - there's a sort of internal logic to it, but you have to be willing to accept that characters are going to act in weird and arbitrary ways."

Weird and arbitrary! Weird and arbitrary!
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

The new creative team will be Mike Carey and Chris Bachelo, since I have no idea who the hell Carey is I can't really say anything about him. But Bachelo....I haven't been that impressed with his work in Uncanny, maybe this'll be better.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Carey is GENIUS!!!

He did Lucifer. And My Faith in Frankie. :love

Not sure how he'll do on X-Men though.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I'm gonna boot this to the top with this tidbit from the Uncanny X-Cast forums: Potential spoilers for X-Men 200

http://www.cgspodcast.com/forum2//index ... pic=109333

We may not be so happy to see Remy back...
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I'll be happy to see Remy back regardless, and back as perhaps a villianous character? I may just wet myself. AWESOME.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I dunno....somehow the idea of Remy leading the Marauders is kinda sad, even if it is fitting. LOL, poor Remy. Story-wise it could be very cool.

I wonder who they're gonna kill...and how long he/she will stay dead.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Originally posted by Slarti
I dunno....somehow the idea of Remy leading the Marauders is kinda sad, even if it is fitting. LOL, poor Remy. Story-wise it could be very cool.

I wonder who they're gonna kill...and how long he/she will stay dead.
It's nowhere near as sad as him joining Apolcalypse and all that crap Milligan did. This is a huge step up IMHO. And honestly?? I prefer him to be a bit....dodgy. I don't particularly like "ZOMG XMENZ HERO!" Remy. He's got quite the checkered past, and he's done less than honorable things, so I don't put this past him...

Plus maybe it'll FINALLY put that last nail in the Romy coffin...PLEASE!