X-Men General Discussion Reload

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by mightiest_mortal »

Jeez... this all sounds really bad. [spoiler]So the real Xorns in X-Men now, the real Magneto is in Excalibur now.. neither of which was actually in grants run at all. way to go retconning. What does Marvel think its playing at?[/spoiler]
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

nonono... i don't want to spoil it, but that's not how it happens in X-Men. but no, it's not exactly good, either. if i were Grant, i would be pissed as hell that everything is just being erased a mere 2 issues later...
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by mightiest_mortal »

lol.. I think im gonna have to read it to have a clue whats happening anyway. Could be interesting.. in a Sunset Beach kinda way :LOL Loved Grants run though, so its a shame if it is all being changed now :(

Never liked Gambit much.. cant wait to see what pain he's going to be enduring
:evil
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Hey Bamfette is Chuck using Northstar, because he's still going to be in the X-Books? Because New X-Men:Academy X will be using Cyclops, Emma Frost, and Northstar as teachers.
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
KurtnMeggan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KurtnMeggan »

Is no one else kinda wondering where Scott got off deciding he could just assign the X-Men to squads like soldiers? These people aren't your personal militia, Scott. Geez.

Personally, I don't think Scott should have that kind of power over anyone at the school except the students (see New X-Men).

If I were Rogue or Gambit, or Iceman even, I'd just have left. Shove it, Cyke!
Meggan and Kurt! Love them! You know you wanna;):meggan
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

no way man he's the first and most dedicated. Every one respects him to a certain degree even if they only respect him for his proven leadership abilities thats still respect. :smirk
iceman06
Lubber
Lubber

Post by iceman06 »

Why didn't Austen bring Jeb Guthrie to the school along with his older brother? He should be about 13 or 14. Maybe, he'll be a freshman next year (which shouldn't be for another 4 or 5 years). What exactly were his powers anyway?

Also, is Austen going to have any of Iceman's friends talk to him about his unbearable change in behavior? I understand that it probably has to do with his powers, but Rogue may as well kicked him in the groin.
KurtnMeggan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KurtnMeggan »

Even if they respect Scott, someone would have had enough balls to tell Scott he's out of line. Honestly, Northstar would have been REALLY ideal for that.

Speaking of which, didn't he want to be a teacher? Why is he suddenly so mad about being just a teacher?...:?
Meggan and Kurt! Love them! You know you wanna;):meggan
black mamba
Lubber
Lubber

Post by black mamba »

how do you know this bamfette man is telling the truth? he could be simply making up all this.
the black mamba- a deadly poisonous snake, its bite is quick and always accurate.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by black mamba
how do you know this bamfette man is telling the truth? he could be simply making up all this.
Bamfette is the admin of this forum and is also a personal friend of chucks, trust me, Jill knows.
Call me King!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

man? with a name like Bamfette? okay.... and i used to be the moderator of Chuck's forum, we became friends there. proof comes when what i hint at comes true. :p
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by Bamfette
man? with a name like Bamfette? okay....
I wasn't gonna point that one out..or .. you know .. the fact is says.."Smilie Queen" :whistle
Call me King!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

heh. :D and the little Jllink sprite....
Hanabi
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Hanabi »

What is the fate of Ms. Jubilation Lee i must know!!!! Bamfette can you drop a little hint maybe (: i'm just seeing if she's going back into limbo or not....hope not ;_;
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

as i said earlier, i have no idea what is happening with Jubilee.... sorry...
black mamba
Lubber
Lubber

Post by black mamba »

man? with a name like Bamfette? okay.... and i used to be the moderator of Chuck's forum, we became friends there. proof comes when what i hint at comes true. :p

my apologises. i simply thought you were a feminin male since not many girls i know like nightcrawler.since you have a relationship with chuck austen i was wondering if you could tell me if he would be using more of ororo in his book or emma.
the black mamba- a deadly poisonous snake, its bite is quick and always accurate.
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

i was wondering if you could tell me if he would be using more of ororo in his book or emma.
Maybe Bamfette is going to correct me on this, but why would he? Neither Emma or Storm are a part of his cast, not to mention that they already star in Astonishing and Uncanny respectively.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Storm, that's right. Emma though, while being a star of Joss' team, is also headmistress ofthe school. as a result she will be in ALL the books which take place at the mansion. her roll is just bigger in Astonishing. so it's not like she will be appearing every issue, or anything. but she'll show up from time to time.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I've just read #157.
Yes, the scene with all the X-men complaining about the new teams is hilarious ! It's good to see Sammy, Josh and Annie again ! :)
Also, Larroca's art is just :surprise:surprise
Chuck's title is my favourite one this month. And I kinda like the return of Xorn... even if it "erases" the last Morrison story, Planet X, and even if it's the editors's idea. It's better this way. Seriously, Planet X sucked and made me sad. It's as if Morrison had destroyed all the toys he had been building for months ! Pfuh.
I hope Chuck will stay with the X-Men for the long ride. I know he hasn't got the freedom he wishes, but HIS X-men are really among the best I've read. And I've read EVERY issue of Uncanny X-Men since Cockrum's days.

I hope Austen will be able to use Nighty from time to time. Too bad he wasn't chosen for the Nightcrawler series.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Not to give anyone a heart attack, but I actually bought and liked this issue. It wasn't great, but wasn't crap either. Though Jill's comment above fills me with a degree of dread...
black mamba
Lubber
Lubber

Post by black mamba »

Storm, that's right. Emma though, while being a star of Joss' team, is also headmistress ofthe school. as a result she will be in ALL the books which take place at the mansion. her roll is just bigger in Astonishing. so it's not like she will be appearing every issue, or anything. but she'll show up from time to time.

i see. i may be over doing it but i have one last question. due to magentos return and theres no need to deny it the solicitations for excalibur reveal hes really alive. will we see a lorna and mags family reunion? if not, will lorna take the spotlight in any issues?
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

I don't know the answer to that qustion but wouldnt it be cool if Lorna started a new brotherhood?
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

This brotherhood idea is cool, really, but I guess Lorna will still spice the X-Men's life up.

One question, Bamfette -if you hear me :D-, you spoke about a "new X-(wo)man" in Chuck's team.
Could it be [spoiler]Nocturne ???[/spoiler]
It sure would be great !
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Machina
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Machina »

I was just thinking the same thing Diablo. If that comes true that would be great to watch unfold in Chuck's book.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Diablo
This brotherhood idea is cool, really, but I guess Lorna will still spice the X-Men's life up.

One question, Bamfette -if you hear me :D-, you spoke about a "new X-(wo)man" in Chuck's team.
Could it be [spoiler]Nocturne ???[/spoiler]
It sure would be great !
keep an eye on Chuck's second arc ;) and the Brotherhood's in that, too! and not a Brotherhood that's ever been seen before...