X-Men General Discussion Reload

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

HA! Well, good point there. I picked up several trades over the weekend trying to catch up and one was 'Golgotha.' Overall, I thought it was pretty good and they were using the Romy nonsense to good effect, but it just reminded me of how annoying their 'relationship' can be.

And dodgey Gambit, absolutely yes, but I would think unless they're going to go full-on evil with him it'll have to be a half-assed thing, or more mind control, or it'll be harder to 'redeem' him and bring him back into the fold. And he's still a fan-favorite, so you know he'll be brought back on the team at some point.
kurtc
Lubber
Lubber

Post by kurtc »

Originally posted by Confizzle
The new creative team will be Mike Carey and Chris Bachelo, since I have no idea who the hell Carey is I can't really say anything about him. But Bachelo....I haven't been that impressed with his work in Uncanny, maybe this'll be better.

this is pretty much the best x-book at the moment
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I've been catching up and just wanted to say that I hate Chris Bachelo's art. Thanks.

...seriously WHAT is going on in EVERY SINGLE action scene of that first arc?? I can't figure out any of it. It's such a mess I can't even identify basic stick figures. Is that a person?? This blob is coloured GREEN it must be ROGUE. She's... uh, fighting some other blob! (I know they're fighting, they're yelling at each other and there are flames everywhere.) I don't remember him being this bad. I remember not liking it, but this is much worse than I remember.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

I don't care, I still love Bachalo! I like chaos. W00t! I just like his funny style.

I wasn't impressed with Ramos though, and his style is similar... so maybe I'm just biased.

The issue was good. Didn't expect that from Cable, though.
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I'm in complete agreement with the dislike for the Bachelo art. Ramos' art is almost as bad, but slightly less confusing. And I think that's my main problem with it - the confusion. I feel like I need some Claremontian prose descriptions to tell me what I'm supposed to be looking at. ;) Which is a shame, because I really dig Carey's writing. I'm enjoying his stories and his grasp on the characters, but, man...

STILL, even though I complain, I thought X-Men 200 was fantastic.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Slarti
I feel like I need some Claremontian prose descriptions to tell me what I'm supposed to be looking at. ;)
I had that thought also. My shame puts shame to shame.

Aside from the art, I really did enjoy catching up on Carey's run so far. Ramos isn't great but he is understandable, and Bachalo did seem to tighten up a lot on his next arc. (Maybe I just got used to it.) Rogue is all fucked up as usual, but somehow interesting. I like Sabretooth and he was written perfectly. I even liked Cable.

I got a big laugh out of Rogue threatening to rip off Mastermind's "clothing" and the I'd-like-to-see-you-try she got back. Yep, that costume looks like it would be really hard to get off her.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir