Spider-Man 3 villains

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Bamfette »

two casting choices have been announced for the bad guys of Spider-Man 3. the villains in question are being kept a secret, but the casting choices have been announced. they are:

Thomas Haden Church http://tinyurl.com/55wsy and Topher Grace http://tinyurl.com/8u4ff

now. first off, thoughts on who they will be playing? I think Church would make a good Venom, but i heard that Raimi does not want to do Venom, at least not yet. so i dunno. Electro, perhaps? Topher Grace does not seem to instantly jump out at me as any villain in particular...

second. isn't it getting a bit crowded with bad guys? ok, this is two confirmed but ALSO, Harry was eying his father's old toys, and Doc Connor had a role, suggesting he may be bumped up to Lizard status next film. I'd say Harry as a new Green Goblin is pretty much a given, and the Lizard a possibility. so that makes 3 possibly 4 villains in one film.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

The rumor concerning Church is that he'll play Sandman, Grace on the other hand... I have no idea who he could play. I heard somewhere they might have Hobgoblin though, so it's possible he could be the Goblin, but then again it was never stated he was going to be a villain either.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Topher- hmm... only Spiderman villain in his build I can think of is Electro...........

Church, I'd say is a pretty close match for Sandman.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Isn't Topher a little bit too young to be Electro though?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Bamfette »

that's the problem.. he's too young (or looks too young, in any case) to be most of the Spidey villains :? and the article i read specifically said he would be playing a villain. i suppose it could be wrong, though.

Sandman, that would work for Church, though.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Spider-Man 3 villains

Originally posted by Bamfette
second. isn't it getting a bit crowded with bad guys? ok, this is two confirmed but ALSO, Harry was eying his father's old toys, and Doc Connor had a role, suggesting he may be bumped up to Lizard status next film. I'd say Harry as a new Green Goblin is pretty much a given, and the Lizard a possibility. so that makes 3 possibly 4 villains in one film.
Spiderman vs the Sinister Six?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Bamfette »

I'd considered that, and if Church is playing Sandman, there's one down. but doc Ock is dead :? but if that is the case, i would put my money on Mysterio for Topher Grace. though maybe a 'young' Vulture... it is a lot easier to make someone look old with makeup than make an old person look young, after all. and if he shifted between old and young, (they would compress his history, after all) then it would be in their benefit to cast someone young.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Spider-Man 3 villains

Well, not necessarily a Canon version of the Sinister Six- just any group of villains gathered under Harry to take out Spiderman.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I thought a Sinister Six battle was a good idea... I thought that before Spiderman 2 came out, but with Ock dead, the real Six can't happen. Maybe one consisting of Venom, Rhino, Mysterio, Shocker, Vulture, and BLack Cat, who becomes good toward the end and helps SPidey battle the others
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Bamfette »

yeah. maybe just replace Ock with someone else.... maybe that's where the Lizard comes in? who knows... I did hear that he did not want to do Venom, not a fan of the character, apparently. but then again, not really sure how true thatis, and/or he may get pressure from the studio to include him to boost ticket sales, so you never know.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by BAMFCentral »

I think Topher Grace could pull off an Electro

Well how old exactly is Electro in the 616 universe?

I think he is fairly young in the Ultimate universe...

And in the 3d cartoon they had on MTV he was a college student who got zapped....

Though I'm a bit biased I like Grace... he did a pretty fair job in Good Company adn that Date with Tom Handlebar??? movie
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

Dunst Confirms 'Spidey 3' Villain Identities
Mon, Sep 26, 2005, 10:09 AM PT
By Hanh Nguyen
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Although the Internet has been abuzz with the supposed identities of the two "Spider-Man 3" villains to be played by Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace, Sony and Marvel have kept the names under wraps.
Now Mary Jane herself has confirmed Spidey's latest nemeses.

"We have really great people though as the villains in this film, Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace --Venom and Sandman," says
Kirsten Dunst while promoting her film "Elizabethtown."

"Maybe I wasn't supposed to say that," she says, checking with her rep, who assures her the information has already been released.

The "Interview with a Vampire" actress is a little shaky on the information at first, saying that Church would play Venom and Grace would take on Sandman, before reversing her claim when a journalist expresses disbelief. "It's the other way around. You're right," she concedes.

Dunst can be forgiven since she has yet to receive a script for the film that will begin shooting in January.

"But I know the general story," she adds. "There's a lot that they're trying to fit into this one."

For those like Dunst who are unfamiliar with the universe of Marvel miscreants, Sandman is a career criminal whose irradiated body can turn into a sand-like substance.

In the case of Venom, an alien symbiote that once masqueraded as Spider-Man's costume takes over ex-reporter Eddie Brock -- who has a beef with Spider-Man over a journalism-related embarrassment. The symbiote gives his body and hatred strength, creating a supervillain that looks like a black-and-white version of Spider-Man with a wicked smile.

After years of playing Lowell Mather on the aviation sitcom "Wings," Church returned to the spotlight with his Oscar-nominated portrayal of Jack in 2004's "Sideways." Grace is best known as the scrawny Eric Forman on "That '70s Show." He's received acclaim for his film roles in "Traffic," "P.S." and "In Good Company."

Dunst, who plays redheaded actress Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker's love interest in the first two "Spider-Man" films, will return for the third installment, which is scheduled for a Spring 2007 release. She recently wrapped shooting Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette" and next stars opposite Orlando Bloom in Cameron Crowe's "Elizabethtown," which opens nationwide on Friday, Oct. 14.
http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story ... 59,00.html
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Bamfette »

Church is just right for Sandman, i think. but i dunno about Topher Grace as Venom.... we'll see, i guess ;)
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Tobey Maguire Training for Spider-Man 3
Source: Retroman, djb_80 September 28, 2005

MSNBC reports that Gregory Joujon-Roche is currently training Tobey for Spider-Man 3:

Joujon-Roche is a big believer that no single exercise plan fits all. He has customized workouts for Brad Pitt for his appearance in the film "Troy," Tobey Maguire for "Spider-Man" and Demi Moore for "Striptease." Currently, Joujon-Roche and his team at Holistic Fitness are training Maguire for his role in "Spider-Man 3" and Leonardo DiCaprio for "The Departed."

Meanwhile, Kirsten Dunst again said who she believes are the villains to MTV:

"I think we have ... I'm going to say two and a half bad guys," the "Elizabethtown" star said. "Because I think one of them is resurrected. But yeah, two and a half bad guys, I think, about in this movie."

She is referring to Thomas Haden Church playing Sandman and Topher Grace playing Venom in the film, with the identity of the "half" villain unknown at this time, but it could possibly be Harry Osborn turning into Green Goblin II or Hobgoblin.

I hope Doc Ock is alive.. he should've lived:shifty
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Nandireya »

There's still the possiblity of the Lizard...right?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by DeeJay »

In my opinion, I think they want Venom to be exactly like Spiderman rather than alot bigger than him.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by DeeJay
In my opinion, I think they want Venom to be exactly like Spiderman rather than alot bigger than him.
Or Eddie hasn't figured out that the stronger he is the stronger the symbiote makes him? Of course, it's unlikely the movie Venom will have any extraterrestrial connection...it'll probably be some genetic experiment (an enhancement of the Green Goblin formula perhaps) gone wrong or something...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I guess Topher would be an even match against Spidey, but he's defeated a villain bigger than him with four extra arms.. I think a bulky guy like Brock still wouldn't be too much for him to handle.. I think Lizard may be kind of hinted at in this movie and actually become a villain in the next one.. I think Raimi said he wanted Lizard in the series, which is why he included him and mentioned him in both movies..
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Nandireya »

Eddie was mentioned in the first film too...Robbie said something about him not being able to get a photo of Spider-Man...

Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Crawler »

Having Topher opposite Tobey as a guy with similar powers/similar background/similar job/similar age/similar build makes sense to me.

It's Spider-Man vs. Spider-Man, which I like.

I'm guessing they'll do something like they did for Venom in the Ultimate books, dropping the extraterrestrial origin and delving once more into genetics.

Church as Sandman, IMO, is brilliance.

Having two or more villains in a movie? :doh! Hasn't Batman taught us anything?

I guess we should just be happy that Spidey doesn't have a sidekick. Or nipples on his costume.

Yet.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Spider-Man 3 villains

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Cast (in credits order)
Tobey Maguire .... Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Kirsten Dunst .... Mary Jane Watson
Thomas Haden Church .... Sandman
James Franco .... Harry Osborn
Topher Grace .... Venom