House of M Spiderman......

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

........kinda kicks a$$

Anyone else pick it up??? Very interesting new look at Peter Parker......let's dish!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
hellbound
Lubber
Lubber

Post by hellbound »

i dont fully understand what people are actuly talking about. what IS house of M? first i heard was over on the liefeld boards.....
whats the story? art like? is it even worth picking up?:LOL:LOL
buri103
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by buri103 »

It's a whole Marvel universe thing, kinda of like the pheonix saga...it's affecting X-men Captian America, Spiderman, all mutants in the world, etc...I won't say more, 'cause I'll spoil...it. :o
25 And the Lord spake unto the Angel that guarded the eastern gate, saying Where is the flaming sword which was given unto thee?

26 And the Angel said, I had it here only a moment ago, I must have put it down some where, forget my own head next.

27 And the Lord did not ask him again.
~Good Omens

http://www.nataliedee.com/ and http://www.toothpastefordinner.com
hellbound
Lubber
Lubber

Post by hellbound »

ok, so is it like consist from one title and all the rest are just tie-ins (like how avengers disasembled effected everything)?
i'll pick it up at my next visit to the comic store:bamf
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by hellbound
ok, so is it like consist from one title and all the rest are just tie-ins (like how avengers disasembled effected everything)?
Yep...in fact....its a direct result OF Avengers Disassambled ;)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Gotta agree with ya NACHTGLEISKETTE!
I'm really enjoying what i've seen so far! Surprising because I started out with my doubts about the whole "HOUSE OF M" mega-event.

I was absolutely crazy about the AGE OF APOCALYPSE. 'M' just seemed like a hackneyed attempt to recapture that magic. From what i've seen of the 'M' books so far though I have to admit that i've been pleasently surprised!

Also, being such a huge fan of the old school STAN LEE/ JOHN ROMITA Spider-Man run I really enjoyed seeing PETER PARKER and GWEN STACY together again... :love!!

BAMF!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Damn this place far away, theres not much comics on the sale these days.. except for some comics like X-men, spawn & spiderman wich ive seen in the stores.. i dont know if they still exist in the stores.
Silent Crawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Silent Crawler »

I'm really enjoying HoM Spider-man.
Surely going to be interesting watching him rise then fall.

I managed to grab the last Spider-man # 1 when it came out at my local comic store. The clerk was ticked off at me because he wanted it. :LMAO
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

You can really tell which comic writers were totally into the House of M and which were dragged along for the ride. SpiderMan House of M is great. I normally don't read the title at all, but I'm really enjoying this. To my complete surprise, the Hulk HoM is pretty good, too. Who woulda thought?

Unsurprisingly, I like the direction Claremont is going with it in Uncanny X-Men as well. :)

Back to Spidey, though - I'm really curious what repurcussions this is going to have on his real life. After all, in the HoM universe, he has a different wife, and they have a son. To the best of my knowledge, he and MaryJane don't have any kids. Bendis promises this isn't going to end with fliping a switch and going back to normal. It'll have real consequences. I think Peter and MaryJane are going to have very serious marital issues when he remembers a son who never existed, a son by another woman, and is in genuine and understandable morning for that loss.

Oh, and considering the whole premise of HoM is that everyone is granted their fondest wish, how is MJ going to respond to Peter's fondest wish being that he was married to someone else?

Good stuff. If you can get it, I recommend picking the HoM SpiderMan up.