X-Men: Deadly Genesis

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by confusedelf
What other thing can I say than [spoiler] crap, Banshee is dead, but hopefully he'll get better, like Psylocke, Colossus, Cyclops, Jean, etc. [/spoiler]
You can say that this mini is a really good display of Brubaker's writing talents. I cannot wait until he's on Uncanny.

I also really like how he's active online without getting too much into the social aspects. Darick was (and presumably still is) good at that, but most creators are either too much or too little.

The back-up stories really confused me when I first came across them, but I hadn't been paying attention to rumors at all. Now that I know what they are, they're a good way to set things up. Get some extra backstory, if you want, but not have it cluttering up the main plot.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Originally posted by confusedelf
What other thing can I say than [spoiler] crap, Banshee is dead, but hopefully he'll get better, like Psylocke, Colossus, Cyclops, Jean, etc. [/spoiler]
You can say that this mini is a really good display of Brubaker's writing talents. I cannot wait until he's on Uncanny.

I also really like how he's active online without getting too much into the social aspects. Darick was (and presumably still is) good at that, but most creators are either too much or too little.

The back-up stories really confused me when I first came across them, but I hadn't been paying attention to rumors at all. Now that I know what they are, they're a good way to set things up. Get some extra backstory, if you want, but not have it cluttering up the main plot.
You're right spaz, there is more too say, but I was annoyed that they killed [spoiler] Banshee [/spoiler] off but who am I kidding it's X-Men so he's be back in a year or so.
I think the backstories have something to do with Xavier forming another team, but that's just my guess.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Sorry to disappoint you, but I really, really doubt [spoiler] Banshee will be back soon. I'm a huge fan of Sean Cassidy, but let's face it : he isn't as popular as Psylocke or Colossus. He's toast. [/spoiler] :bawl
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I think they'll bring [spoiler]him[/spoiler] back. [spoiler]Banshee[/spoiler] might not be as popular as Betsy or Piotr, but he's a bigger name than Sammy the fishboy :sammy.
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

SAMMMYY!!! :bawl :shifty I actually felt really bad when I heard Sammy had died... his whole story was pretty sad.. more sad than [spoiler]Banshee's[/spoiler] death in my opinion.. but that's coming from someone who hasn't seen Sean in action since the early days of Uncanny (all three or four issues I have with him anyway)
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Who says he's dead I mean sure he was [spoiler] hit by a plane[/spoiler] but the X-Men have survived worse :)
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

In the latest issue they find a rather charred corpse.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by idsunki
They can just use his daughter if they need him. I mean, there's no difference, really. Seems to work for other people. (Argh!)

Or is she dead too?

Zombies are so hot right now.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Originally posted by idsunki
They can just use his daughter if they need him. I mean, there's no difference, really. Seems to work for other people. (Argh!)

Or is she dead too?

Zombies are so hot right now.

Siryn is working with Jamie and company in X-Factor.