X-Men: Deadly Genesis

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

#1’s not out for a couple of weeks, but I read a few quotes today from it’s writer, Ed Brubaker, that made me go ‘squee!’, so I thought I’d share them :D

When asked who the stars of the series are:

[quote]
“Just about all of them, but the real stars of the show are Cyclops, Marvel Girl and Nightcrawler. It’s really the whole group though – just about everyone important to the X-Men gets an appearance.”
[/quote]

And when Wizard asked about specific characters he had this to say about Kurt:

[quote]
“As it turns out, he’s kind of the heart of Deadly Genesis. When I started writing it, I thought it would be much more Colossus and Marvel Girl. But Nightcrawler’s become the emotional centre of the story.”
[/quote]
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

When was this supposed to come out? I checked Marvel's site but I must of missed it or something cause I couldn't find the release date for the first one though I have the ones for the others...much good that does me though.

This looks really exciting! Thanx for posing those Nandi.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I believe it came out this past Wednesday.. I missed it too, but I think I'll just buy the TPB, because I have no money at the moment..
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

It certainly wasn't bad. From the looks of the promos and such, I think Nightcrawler is going to be hit the hardest by whatever dark secret Prof X has been hiding, because he's always believed in the dream, even way back in Excalibur when he was yelling at the Professor.

So yeah... we'll see how this all turns out, folks!
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I liked it alot..it renewed my hope for Xbooks....I'm def reading
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tyros »

Akkk! How could I have missed it?!?!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Thank you all! My dear beloved mother is going to pick it up for me tomorrow...this is the one with the Silvestri art on the cover, right?
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I just looked at the preview for it and I have to say that so far both Hank and Kitty look pretty bad.. I don't know why they're both drawn so thin here.. http://www.buzzscope.com/previewer.php?id=5138&p=3
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

It was an interesting start.
Yes, Kurt will suffer from this story, as I understand it...
And SPOILERS

It seems the mystery new mutant is the Krakoa island from the 1975 X-Men annual. Go and re-read the first issue. It makes sense !
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

:doh! That is the stupidest villain I've ever read about, which is horrible cause it appears in one of my favorite comics.. is it at least evolved at all, maybe taking a human form?!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

My mom didn't have time to pick up the issue monday, so I got to today. Apparently, the owner really likes me and she and I get along really well (we're both HIM fans..Ville Valo is hot..looks at avatar)so when I found out they had sold out of all the issues that they had for the shelfs, her co-owner who was a teacher of my cousin's and a really cool guy, pulled down the display issue that they never give away and sold it to me. I couldn't stop thanking them both. I had a good day.

I'm really excited about this issue now having read the first issue.
Emma in pig-tails...never seen that myself, who'da thunk.

I agree with Diablo on the mystery character, but disagree with Blue_Demon94 , I think it'd be cool for it to come back, the character hasn't been overused ...can't wait to see how this all pans out.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
is it at least evolved at all, maybe taking a human form?!
Yes it is... So I think this second rated character will become really cool for the first time !

(and hello CHG ! :))
www.atlantys.biz

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

As long as it isn't a giant island I'm okay with it..
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
As long as it isn't a giant island I'm okay with it..
That would be really awkward. LOL

cyclops: X-men! Attack!
Rachel: With what!?
Wolverine: (aside) A back hoe and a shovel *cough*

cyclops:Attackattackattack!!!!
Wolverine: (aside) Maybe a bulldozer.

*snort*
I hope he/she/it/mostlikelyhe is hot...but that's just me. I'm a sucker for a hot villian.
(right back at ya Max! XD )
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

The new rumors are the following ones :
[spoiler] It seems the mysterious new villain isn't Krakoa himself... but was trapped inside Krakoa decades ago. And guess what ? He's the third Summers brother -so, the brother of Cyclops and Havok. D'Oh !
[/spoiler]
www.atlantys.biz

kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

*sigh* i think i'll have to order this one from the city or something.... there are no new Marvel Comics coming to my town *twitch*

hey hang on a minute
It certainly wasn't bad. From the looks of the promos and such, I think Nightcrawler is going to be hit the hardest by whatever dark secret Prof X has been hiding, because he's always believed in the dream, even way back in Excalibur when he was yelling at the Professor. (emphasis mine)
hey id, when was Kurt yelling at the Professor?
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

[quote]Alkuperäinen postittaja Blue_Demon94
I just looked at the preview for it and I have to say that so far both Hank and Kitty look pretty bad.. I don't know why they're both drawn so thin here.. http://www.buzzscope.com/previewer.php?id=5138&p=3 [/quote]

That looks cool. But yes Hank looks too much thin :P
hopefully i can get this title from somewhere.
as i dont like the idea of ordering something from e-bay. with the price of 50€ and 20€ for mailing. :P
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

klady - I don't remember the exact storyline, but it was one of the really big crossovers, and Professor X comes to Muir Island and acts like he owns the place and the team. This is when Kurt was in his macho phase and basically says, "Alright, so you and the rest of the team fake your death, don't tell us, etc etc, now you just expect us to drop everything and follow you like we used to?" I'll have to find the issue, but I'm gonna be busy with finals for the next couple days at least.

-addendum-
If you're looking for the book, I think mycomicshop.com still has a few in stock, and I know they ship worldwide.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Man...the kid in the back-up story in #2...Darwin...he's got to be the most boring, Gary-Su-ish character every created. Who okayed that P.O.S.?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tyros »

Well we finally got issue one in my comic shop....it seems thatwe are one issue behind! :(
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Yeah, so the first new mutant to come up since "no more mutants" had to be that guy?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Man...the kid in the back-up story in #2...Darwin...he's got to be the most boring, Gary-Su-ish character every created. Who okayed that P.O.S.?
I don't understand it anymore. Marvel just got rid of a buttload of mutants just to make new ones...am I insane, is it...is it me. Oh well, nevermind me.

As for the rumor about [spoiler] the new character being a Summers brother...how would that work out? I thought it was only Havok and Cyclops that their parents had. Wasn't their mother killed..I am so confused by this...then again, hat makes sense theses days.[/spoiler]

I'm really hapy with this series so far. I love the art. The plot is moving kinda slow for me, but I can be patient.

The only part I didn't like[spoiler] was when Sean got hit by the Blackbird..he's always been a favorite of mine. It's a shame.:shame[/spoiler]
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

The [spoiler] third Summers brother subplot is an old song. We know he exists but we don't know who he is or how it is possible he exists...[/spoiler]

Regarding the ending, [spoiler] I truly hope Banshee's not dead. Joe Quresada said "a popular X-character was going to die in Deadly Genesis..." As long as it's not Kurt, it's OK, but still... please not Sean. :( [/spoiler]
www.atlantys.biz

Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

As far as the backup stories go, I was under the impression that these were taking place in the past...like prior to the assembling of the Giant Size X-Men team. One of the rumors going around is that Xavier assembled ANOTHER team of X-Men before Kurt, Peter, Ororo and the rest to take on Krakoa. And it didn't end well.

I actually think the back up stories are good shorts. And knowing Brubaker, they will have some importance by the time it's finished.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

What other thing can I say than [spoiler] crap, Banshee is dead, but hopefully he'll get better, like Psylocke, Colossus, Cyclops, Jean, etc. [/spoiler]