Anyone else peeved that Magneto lost his powers?

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

The fallout of House of M had mutants losing their powers. Magneto lost his which out of all the mutants gone human still makes me sick. Why? Because he was such a great character overall. Sure, a real baddie at one time but Magneto was just a great part of the X-Men Universe that seeing him cut down to mere human upsets me. As I'm sure it does him. lol! This move by Marvel totally shocked me since I never thought they do it to Mags. Really. I thought he'd make it through this massive Marvel shakeup alright.

Anyone else shocked that Magneto :magneto was one of the mutants gone human after the House of M?
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

It's going to be interesting to see how he (and the world at large) deals with it...he's pretty much defined by his powers, and without them he's no longer the threat to humanity he was...he could be in BIG trouble!
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I'm not worried. No matter how or when, Magnus will regain his powers. Because he's the best and most famous villain in the Marvel Universe, along with Doctor Doom.
It's as simple as that.

But in the meantime, yes, it will be interesting to see how he will survive...
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

I think it's much more interesting than if they just had Wolverine slice off his head again. Good show, Marvel.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Tonks Kittygoth »

Yeh, Maggy is like Jean, you can killem, youthen them, re youthen them, split them apart, depower them etc and they will eventually show up fine...

Like Wolvy's favorite saying,
"I thought you were dead?"

"I was. I got better.":D
Whatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. - Marcus Aurelius
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Mags has now resorted to begging in the streets and living in filthy hotels. So sad. :cry
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Originally posted by HoodedMans Love
Mags has now resorted to begging in the streets and living in filthy hotels. So sad. :cry
Nah, Mags is in Genosha.
It's Quicksilver, his son, who's begging in the streets.
www.atlantys.biz

Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Tonks Kittygoth »

Originally posted by Diablo
Nah, Mags is in Genosha.
Pietro!!!!!!!!!! With his Ego!!!!!!!!!!
What has this world come to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agony Agony!
Whatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. - Marcus Aurelius
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Diablo
Nah, Mags is in Genosha.
*giggles* I mean, yes yes. It's terrible.

...hehehe. *cough* (I don't know why I find this amusing. Maybe because they're both jackasses.)

Eh, he'll be back I'm sure. Or maybe not. Marvel seems to be giving good writing a try, which just might trump the usual "some guy can't think of anything else to do so he brings back Magneto" card.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Bringing back Magneto could be done with intelligence.
I understand how you feel : the Magneto card has often be played quite easily.
But the character is too good to be forgotten.
www.atlantys.biz

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I agree. Repowering Mags could be done, perhaps more intelligently even than "blame that on Wanda." But I wouldn't want it done too quickly. I'd like to see more of him dealing with life without that by which he's defined himself for most of his life. The tailspin. The angst. The whole "where do I go from here?" stuff.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
hot_fusion
Lubber
Lubber

Post by hot_fusion »

I agree. I want to see how Magneto deals with being human.
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I think it's a nice change that Magneto has been depowered. (Didn't they suggest in HoM that his unexplained return to Genosha was from Wanda manipulating reality? B/c Wolverine killed him - after he murdered Jean Grey in NYC)

It's nice that he's still alive in the universe, but as a human they can explore more about his character.

I also like the idea of Polaris being the new Magneto. That would kind of shake things up and the added dynamic of her once being an X-men and having friends among the X-men could make for good stories. It's also an interesting parallel that she has the same powers as (her father?) and has been shown to be struggling with her sanity. (And has suffered trauma and loss as well).

It would be a nice twist if Magneto were to join forces with Xavier (again) to try to talk her out of being a villain. But, that's just a thought.
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I thought Lorna was depowered too..
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

:doh! And I read that issue too!

Lorna will get her powers back. Marvel seems to have a habit of returning to what worked for them in the past - so I don't think the decimation will be a permanent thing.

(Just wondering - is the entire Lensherr clan depowered? Wanda too?)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

As a sidenote I'm reading X-Factor and they're saying that as a result of X-Factor's actions all the disfransiced mutants could get their powers back...
I thought that was interesting.
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

They're saying that already? :\ I thought it would be at least a year.

[Edited on 2/2/06 by chicory]
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I don't see how it would be possible for Wanda to have depowered herself......just thinking about it makes me dizzy...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Well, she changes reality and she's part of reality. But, I see what you mean...

Maybe it's part of her insanity. She wanted a peaceful life, so she rearranged her own mind to 'forget' that she ever had any powers.

Or then again, maybe she's fully powered and just hiding out from all the ex-mutants (and others) who probably want her dead.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Maybe it's part of her insanity. She wanted a peaceful life, so she rearranged her own mind to 'forget' that she ever had any powers.
Its possible. I think she still has her powers myself.
As a sidenote I'm reading X-Factor and they're saying that as a result of X-Factor's actions all the disfransiced mutants could get their powers back...
I thought that was interesting.
Quesada did say that Decimation was final. So are we to assume he has changed his mind and mutants that have lost their powers will regain them? I agree some mutants like Magneto and Polaris but I believe most should remain without them. Why? It provides for future interesting stories. Besides, most of the mutants depowered were....well...not as interesting as those that still have them.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I agree some mutants like Magneto and Polaris but I believe most should remain without them. Why? It provides for future interesting stories. Besides, most of the mutants depowered were....well...not as interesting as those that still have them.
What about Abyss, Kiwi Black, Prodigy, Moonstar, Jubilee, Tarot, Wicked, Vertigo, the Blob,... ?
I just can't understand the brilliance of Joe Q's idea.
The Marvel Universe only seems poorer to me these days.

[Edited on 8-2-2006 by Diablo]
www.atlantys.biz

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I kind of agree. Oh well, we'll always have fanfic. (Imagines one in which Abyss's indigestion wreaks dimensional havok.)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Abyss is depowered?! I hadn't heard about him.. that sucks :abyss could prove to be a good excuse for a reunion though..
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

Maybe the Exiles will stumble upon a fully powered alternate reality Magneto one day. He'll join the group, hear about the great(?) deeds of his 616 counterpart and eventually claim old Magneto's supervillain throne...:doh! Ah, come on, there have been dumber ideas so far.
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Quesada did say that Decimation was final. So are we to assume he has changed his mind and mutants that have lost their powers will regain them? I agree some mutants like Magneto and Polaris but I believe most should remain without them. Why? It provides for future interesting stories. Besides, most of the mutants depowered were....well...not as interesting as those that still have them.
well, we saw what happened to his 'dead stay dead' policy, so him going back on his word is not without precident. I'm certain at least some of them will be repowered sometime in the future.

and you may not think some of the depowered mutants were interesting, but they were all bound to be SOMEONE's favorite character.... I was really saddened to hear about Chamber....