Storm's future (SPOILERS)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

So it's true : Storm and T'challa the Black Panther are getting married.
joe quesada's interview.
What do you all think about that ??
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

From what I've read on the 'net...the only one who likes it is Mr Quesada...leading me to believe that he's actually working for DC and his job is to bring Marvel down from the inside...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Nyte-Runner
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nyte-Runner »

One of my best friends is a huge Black Panther fan, I can't wait to tell him about this!!!

Personally, I like the thought of Storm getting married to BP. I really, really didn't/don't like the Logan-Ororo-Kurt-Rachel-Christine thingy. When I think about it, I don't like Storm at all. But I like the thought of her getting married.

I wonder what Forge will say?

Hey, can someone tell me about the wedding afterwards? The only comic books that are published in Sweden is-- are-- ... (How do you write it?! We only got one word for am/is/are in this country! Help!!!) Astonishing X-men and Wolverine: The End.
"I can resist anything, except temptation."
//Oscar Wilde
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

To add some more fuel to this appalling fire...there's now a rumour of a pregnancy in 2007 floating around...

Storm fans are going to be demanding Quesada's head on a pike.

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, has any aspect of Storm's love life made sense lately? :?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

On the record does as Marvel characters love life make sense?

But ,I agree, I am glad that this puts the nail in the coffin of the Logan/Storm/Kurt/Rachel thing. Even though it did die out on its own.

I'm not a big fan of Storm, but I feel for all the Kuroro fans out there, first the movie and now the comic, they have no where left except AU.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by confusedelf
I'm not a big fan of Storm, but I feel for all the Kuroro fans out there, first the movie and now the comic, they have no where left except AU.
Only fanfic really...it's not like they're gonna hook up in Ultimate...he may be moony for her but she's moony for Logan...but then, Kurt may turn out to be secretly gay, which will be the final nail in the Ultimate coffin for me...

Nyte-Runner
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nyte-Runner »

Hey, this is what Marvel says about Ultimate X-men # 68:
"As Wolverine finds himself dealing with a devastating secret from his past, Nightcrawler and Colossus learn they have more in common than they may have believed."

Ultimate Colossus did come out not too long ago, didn't he? ... And is dating Northstar...?

Mahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! My sick and twisted mind just came up with something... very sick and twisted...
//Oscar Wilde
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Only fanfic really...it's not like they're gonna hook up in Ultimate...he may be moony for her but she's moony for Logan...but then, Kurt may turn out to be secretly gay, which will be the final nail in the Ultimate coffin for me...
Well I think the reason Storm likes Logan is that after Hank she needed another big,furry, man and since Logan is bigger and furrier than Kurt :).
I agree with you on the Kurt thing,but that's more for the Ultimate comic disscussion.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

One thing I liked about the X-men stories is that you didn't need to read the Avengers or Iron-Man or Spider-man to understand them.
The X-series were one universe in the middle of the Marvel Universe.
With this wedding, everything changes and you have to read Black Panther if you're an Ororo fan.
That's what Joe Quesada wants to do : bring back the X-fans to the "main" Marvel universe. He's destroyed their world with House of M, killing off hundreds of interesting characters, forcing them to "adjust" in the Lee/Kirby universe.
-Seriously, talk about an "interesting idea"... who cares about depowered mutants ?? The main goal of this operation is the revival of the "old" Marvel Universe.
www.atlantys.biz

Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tyros »

I think it is kinda a cheap shot. Lets get our two strongest balck characters together....
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

This idea is so unoriginal it's pathetic.

And I'm not just upset because I'm a Kuroro fan. Storm has always been my favorite female X-man, but I don't like Black Panther and I really resent having to buy another comic that I would never have purchased just to see what's happening to her.

After Excalibur ended, I basically dropped away from the Marvel comic book scene for nearly ten years. With the way they are treating my two favorite characters, I'm rapidly losing interest. As far as I'm concerned, this is probably the final nail in the coffin for me when it comes to Marvel. I have better places to spend my money than with a bunch of idiots that have no idea, or could care less what the fans want. :yech
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Nyte-Runner
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nyte-Runner »

A) Storm and BP will be married for some time, have lots of alternate future kids, and then BP will be brainwashed, start seeing the world in a totally different way and begins cheating on Storm with som evil woman who never buys the entire outfit but only half of it.

B) Black Panther dies in duty, Storm returns to the X-men and starts seeing someone else, BP comes back to life but never tells 'Ro and no one understands a thing.

C) It shows up that some evil-unknown-telepath/Sauron has been brainwashing both Storm and BP to be able to rule Africa and that Storm and Black Panther don't really care about each other.

Which one is the most likely to happen?
//Oscar Wilde
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Perhap's B), but don't hold your breath... Storm will probably stay married for a while.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll continue to follow Nightcrawler's adventures, but regarding Storm, I can only say "byebye, I'll miss you, African Goddess. Don't stay away from your true home forever". :wave

Anyway, and if you want to remain optimistic, perhap's Storm will in a couple of months become the first Multiple Woman in the Marvel Universe. Ororo, queen and X-man.
If Wolverine can be a member of all the Marvel teams, why couldn't she do that ?
www.atlantys.biz

Nyte-Runner
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nyte-Runner »

I'm saying the same: Bye bye. But once again, Storm is very far from being my favorite X-woman and the only reason I've ever bought comics with her in is 'cause NC's there as well.

But, being the woman she is, I doubt she'll be gone from the X-men very long. But one can wish...

She is getting her own mini-series as well, according to uncannyxmen.net
//Oscar Wilde
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, I can only hope that Marvel will try something more original and actually introduce to us a happily married couple that stays happily married and perhaps raises a couple of kiddos the old fashioned way (rather then having them merely pop in for visits from alternate futures), without being stricken by one tragedy after another, and without getting boring.
I have seen fanfic authors pull that off successfully. I'm sure some professional at Marvel could.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Angelique
Well, I can only hope that Marvel will try something more original and actually introduce to us a happily married ... without getting boring.
I have seen fanfic authors pull that off successfully. I'm sure some professional at Marvel could.
It depends on your definition of boring, I guess. See also: successfully. It might work for a short (very short) story, but even a single full issue of that would bore the hell out of me. And everyone else, which is why all that normal stuff is usually crammed into one panel to set up the good stuff. You know, the explosions, screaming, shredding people by various means, etc. Wicked! If I wanted to experience someone's bland day to day life, I'd start living mine, dammit.

So has the happy couple actually spent any time together or is it a diplomatic arrangement?

That said, all the Ultimate discussion in this thread is intriguing.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Who's to say they're gonna go through with it any way? Ororo might pull a Mariko on him...

:storm "You are not worthy...let's go, Logan..."

:logan "Ya know I was never into ya that way, darlin'...yer hair's the wrong colour..."

:storm "Kurt...?"

:rolleyes "What? You think I want someone else's cast off?"

:storm "Um...anyone?"

Joe Q "Yes! Now she can be mine!"

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, it doesn't have to be boring. We could have a couple with complementary powers work together very effectively as a team.

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I don't really like this union.. I know there was a crossover a little while back and I'm sure it hinted at some kind of relationship, but I don't really think this will work out.. :shakeno:bamf
Sephy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sephy »

Reading the Black Panther I don't think this will last, BP is telling Luke cage how he knows Storm and apparently they hooked up while she was still a thief but he left her hunt his father's murderer. So there was typical wangst and Storm ran off to become a Goddess and T'challa became the king of Wakanda. Fairy tale stuff don't you think?