Civil War crossover

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Civil War crossover

Post by Slarti »

Sorry if this is old news, but I just saw it on a Wizard World LA story and hadn’t seen anything posted here about it. It looks like Marvel is already at it again with their new summer crossover thinger, Civil War. It’s yet another followup to the House of M. I got this link through a Buffy site, but thought that Marvel tidbits were interesting:

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=1455

Yeehaw.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Civil War crossover

Post by Nandireya »

I knew about Civil War...but after the disappointment of House of M I've decided to ignore it...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Haver
Lubber
Lubber

Civil War crossover

Post by Haver »

Yup, sounds like a big yawner with done-to-death plots.

I was actually hoping it'd be like a 1602 story set in the American or English Civil Wars.

So ... who'd be a Yank or a Confederate, Royalist or Roundhead?

Wolverine: I see him pegged as a hard-fighting Yankee, from some just-barely-settled area such as upper Michigan - oh wait! Make it Maine! Then he could be in Chamberlain's 20th Maine (this REALLY makes sense when you know the history).

Magneto: Definately the John Brown figure, an abolitionist terrorist.

Gambit: fighting for the honor of his native Louisianna, of course. And Rogue would be among the camp followers...

Mystique: She'd be disguised as one of the Southern ambassadors who were trying to get aid from the British, and secrectly sabotaging the whole effort.

Nightcrawler: A enigmatic overdressed figure from a Pennsylvania regiment, just one German among so many more...

Charles Xavier: A behind the scenes role in New York or Boston, mentally scanning for spies and copperheads.

Cyclops: With is penchant for honor and duty, I see him as a Virginian serving with Lee, uneasy about the cause he is fighting for.

You know ... this could work ... or I'm very tired.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Civil War crossover

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I was one of those douches who went about bought everyhting HOM...

and...why do we need another crossover so soon? Why? I'm def not getting this...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Civil War crossover

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I kinda missed most of Decimation (except for Uncanny) so I missed quite a few titles that I heard good reviews about (Son of M, Generation M, and Deadly Genesis), so if the X-Men: Civil War limited series is any good, I may pick that up..