Ultimate Alliance (It's not just X-Men Legends anymore...)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

Some of you might have heard about the Ultimate Alliance game coming out this fall - it's sort of an X-Men Legends 3, only it's opened up to the whole Marvel Universe instead of just the X-Men.

But Nightcrawler does put in an appearance (and may be playable...)

Kurt goes to the Doctor

[Edited on 24/7/06 by Darkholme]
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I wasn't interested in the game until I watched the Nightcrawler trailer.. the graphics look great and the game looks like it'd surpass XML if the story is good enough. I just hope more XML games are made and that they follow the same recipe of "More playable character, more villians, and more action":bamf
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

The concept sounds a bit dull- run around, kill enemies, learn technique, kill more enemies, unlock another character, kill even more enemies... But as long as you can assemble your dream team most Marvel zombies will probably deal with a poor game play and buy it anyway.
And as usual I don't have any high hopes for the PC version. The screen shots aren't that great so far, for example all character shine as glossy as the environment and lack shadows.
The websites says: newly revealed characters: Iceman, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Nightcrawler (3 playable). As there are already screenshots of Human Torch and Invisible Girl plus a Human Torch wallpaper and I bet they want to include the full cast of the Fantastic 4, it's between Iceman and Nightcrawler. The NC video looks really cool but it also indicates that maybe you just have to rescue him or something.
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

Here is the link to the offical site and Nightcrawler page:

http://www.marvelultimatealliance.com/c ... php?id=203

Scroll down and watch the video. It is truly great.
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

I meant to update this a few weeks ago - XBox 360 users can now purchase an expansion to Ultimate Alliance that includes Nightcrawler as a playable character! There's a hero pack and a villain pack - each with four characters. Heroside includes Cyclops, Hawkeye, Hulk and Nightcrawler. Villainside includes Magneto, Venom, Dr. Doom and Sabretooth.

I don't own a 360, but I admit the prospect of having a team with Spider-Man, Nightcrawler, Deadpool and Black Panther is compelling.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Seen it before. It's super! Nighty kicks butt. And then... gets knocked out. (How typical.)

Looks like they picked an Ultimate-ish appearance. And I love how his weight is different in every source you look at. But hey! That tail is pretty frelling awesome!
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young