Ultimate X-Men General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by confusedelf
Ya know the Bobby/Rogue romance confuses the hell out of me.... I mean we have Bobby hanging out with Rogue and dating her before the "Cry Wolf" arc then when Rogue left with Gambit Bobby moved on to Kitty, till Kitty found out that he still likes Rogue and ditched him for Spiderman, and now Rogue is back, and getting it on with Bobby only a little while after Gambit died. In other words it's very confusing and seems forced.
I've heard that this is supposed to indicate that the Gambit side of Rogue is winning out...or something. But, Gambit gets control of Rgue and the first thing he/she wants to do is boink Bobby? Yeah, maybe I don't get it..

And I agree Jess, basically everything they focused on in here was *yawn*. Did anyone esle find the whole Phoenix thing just screaming Scientology? That was the only thing I found even remotely interesting...

AND for crying out loud! WTF is going on with Kurt? Like, let's wrap this up and not have it dangle for EVER.

I wouldn't be so disappointed if I wasn't basically promised resolution by the solicit.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Maybe it because Bryan Singer's coming in and he wants to continue the Bobby/Rogue thing he started in the movies?

I haven't bothered to go pic up my comics for nearly a month...Uncanny's focusing on Rachel again (I've got nothing against her...but that's pretty much three arcs in a row) and Ultimate's getting more perverted than Chuck Austen was accused of being...

[Edited on 18-3-2006 by Nandireya]
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Ultimate is getting perverted? :? In the obscene sense or the canon sense? Cause I don't see either, it's not supposed to follow canon.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette

I've heard that this is supposed to indicate that the Gambit side of Rogue is winning out...or something. But, Gambit gets control of Rgue and the first thing he/she wants to do is boink Bobby? Yeah, maybe I don't get it..
I kinda of like how they're playing with how Rogue's personality has been changed by Gambit. (It's better than having her run into Carol Danvers in this universe - although 616 was interesting too (Rogue gains a lot of strength and confidence from the other woman - even if they are at war for a long time)

I don't think Remy's so much into Bobby as Rogue's inherited a loss of inhibitions and the ability to touch. Maybe when she becomes more Marian? than Remy she'll regret all that with Bobby :shrug

And as long as they don't go issue after issue with the Phoenix thing, I think they kind of needed to dedicate a book to it. Maybe Piotr and Kurt will play a part in next months book. :)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Ultimate is getting perverted? :? In the obscene sense or the canon sense? Cause I don't see either, it's not supposed to follow canon.
Just that there's been a lot of sex in it lately...but then, I suppose they ARE teenagers...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Nandireya
Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Just that there's been a lot of sex in it lately...but then, I suppose they ARE teenagers...
We can't even be sure that they have genitals, how can you say there's too much sex?
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure Wolverine and Jean got it on and I think Bobby and Rogue "tested out her new powers";):LOL
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

No, we only saw Bobby buttoning his jeans as Rogue lay in bed. It's all circumstantial evidence.

Okay, I'll stop now.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

and who knows what Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch have been doing over at the Ultimates :rolleyes....I'd agree with Spaz it is all circumstantial evidence....remeber there is no sex in the Marvel universe that's why when they need a kid they just grab one from an alternate dimension :P
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Then what do they expect us to believe Stacy X was doing for money? And when X-23 was over in NYX, I'm pretty sure she was doing some impure things.. not to mention Scott and Emma always in bed naked.. I think we can put two and two together and assume none of them were having sleepovers
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Actually we DID see Stacy X making her living on panel. What she did was whisper in a guy's ear, rub herself against his fully clothed body, and watch him crumple to the ground. I may be slightly off on the details, but that was essentially it. I think this counts as solid proof that people in the MU don't physically have sex.

And X-23 was just getting paid to cut guys with her claws. Nothing genital-based there.

(I said I'd stop. I lied.)
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

:LOL So they're both teases?

I still think Emma and Scott 'did the dirty', but whatever:LOL
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94

I still think Emma and Scott 'did the dirty', but whatever:LOL
It was a telepathic affair. Interestingly, Jean was just as mad about that as she would be over a normal affair. (Whatever THAT is.) Silly Jean!

I have to reread this stuff. I'm forgetting things.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I knew about that affair (when she donned the Phoenix suit), but I'm talking about more recently.. I think they were shown in bed together in Phoenix Endsong and Astonishing..
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

OMG are we reopening the genital debate? LOL!

What a mess that is...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

We have no proof that Scott has genitals and you can't have sex without genitals....but maybe Emma gives him genitals on the astral plane......(dear lord this is a silly debate...)
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Is that why he's so uptight? I guess I can understand why he's always like that then, though we have to take into consideration that Rachel is the fruit of his loins (:LOL), so he had to have them at one point.. maybe Jean went all Phoenix on them after catching him and Emma together:LOL:bamf
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

No blue....Maddie castrated Scott during Inferno :smirk...I mean he did have Cable(but did he have HBO?:?), but has failed to have a child since then.(i must stop but this is too much fun....)
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

HBO? The channel:LOL I think the events of Riot of Xavier's take place after Inferno, though that would explain why Emma needed to have a psychic affair with him.. :shifty Anywho, whose to say his castration had to carry across universes?? He could have his "buddy" in Ultimate:nodyes.. doubt that he had it in AoA though (had to be cloned to make Nate I believe), but why can't they have "hey-hootinannies" and "hoo-hoo"s in Ultimate?
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

We have no proof that Ultimate Scott has his "friend" he has yet to say that he has genital, what they are, and how he uses them. Until there is proof there is no genitals in the Marvel U :cracked
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

This converstation has become very strange. But, I don't find it hard to believe that comic book characters are built like barbie dolls and sims.

Inferno and Riot at Xaviers are both 616 events...:?

Since it looks like they are going to continue with the Phoenix story line - does anyone predict that that arc will end with Jean's death? (I've kind of been picturing the end of Evo where it was hinted that Jean turns and becomes the X-men's enemy, which is a tragic event for all of her friends)

I can't see them redoing the moon thing - so I wonder if in this universe Wolverine won't have the same problem killing her. Just random speculation. :)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I hope they let Jean live.. the Phoenix thing has been done in so many ways, but it usually ends in her death (except the cartoon, considering it was a kid's show and the fact that she was one of the main characters).. I'm hoping either she learns to control her powers or becomes a villain (both better than death:nodyes)

As for the genital debate, I believe Nightcrawler is the only one who has been mentioned as having those parts.. In Draco I think both Jubilee and Jillian mention it and he tries his best to cover up, so why would he be so anxious to hide his shame if he didn't have any:shifty
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

No wonder Nightcrawler has so many fangirls:naughty
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Jean possessing and controlling the power of the Phoenix or becoming a villain. Those are both interesting places to go with that :) I'm voting for the villain angle (at least her resurrections would make more sense than Magneto's ;))

Ignores other debate.

I was wondering about the smoke that comes out of ult!Nightcrawler's mouth. Is that something new because of what happened to him at Weapon X? Or was that always part of his mutation? Is it something he can control or is it like he has to breathe the atmosphere of the dimension he ports through?

Also, are Kitty's parents divorced? And if so, was that an arc in the books?
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by chicory
I was wondering about the smoke that comes out of ult!Nightcrawler's mouth. Is that something new because of what happened to him at Weapon X? Or was that always part of his mutation? Is it something he can control or is it like he has to breathe the atmosphere of the dimension he ports through?
Yes...Weapon X did that to him. They made him into a brimstone furnace...apparently he has brimstone leaking from every orifice...it seems to intensify when he actually uses his powers...