Ultimate X-Men General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Ooh. These look excellent; I eagerly await them. :D
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Azur
*whines miserably*

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/

[spoiler] please tell me no one's gonna die in ish #56 [/spoiler]
Yes...doesn't bode well...

Xavier's gonna be pissed when they get home :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

This is the preview for Ultimate X-men # 68:
"As Wolverine finds himself dealing with a devastating secret from his past, Nightcrawler and Colossus learn they have more in common than they may have believed."

Now as Kuroro fans get the short stick on all fronts, does this mean Ultimate Nightcrawler will turn out gay or is it just something to make people buy the issue and the "more in common" turns out to be something chessy.

Of course if Nighty turns out gay, this leaves Storm wide open for Wolvy.
But my question is didn't Storm parents warn her about older men ;)

So what does every one think about this?
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I've been seriously considering dropping this title for sometime...Kurt barely gets any screentime and he's the only reason I buy it...if they do make him gay…which, if you ask me would be total overkill…and illogical…if he were gay why did he picture Jean in her underwear and why is he trailing Storm like a love-sick puppy…maybe he’s bi…it'll be the final nail in the coffin for me...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

Maybe it'll be more about bloodlines. Like Kurt finds out that Mystique is his mother and Colossus finds out that he's a direct descendent of Rasputin.

Or maybe this will be the Ultimate reason Kurt gets some confidence to go out in public in his natural furry form. In the other one, it took Wolverine shaming him into doing it (plus a lot of alcohol, if memory serves), so this one might be that.

Or he could be gay. Or just "Colossus" gay.

Or maybe they just both like painting. I guess Kurt could manage Chinese brush painting with those hands of his. Detailed line work probably wouldn't work too well.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

I guess it could be the finally going out in his furry form one, and when did he picture Jean in her underwear :LOL that's funny.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

As soon as I get enough money, I'm gonna start buying the trades of Ultimate.. I read the summaries on UXN and I think the TPBs would be worth the money:bamf
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by confusedelf
This is the preview for Ultimate X-men # 68:
"As Wolverine finds himself dealing with a devastating secret from his past, Nightcrawler and Colossus learn they have more in common than they may have believed."

*snip*

So what does every one think about this?
Glad you asked!

I don't think Kurt is gay. If anything, I thought the scene in #65 was setting Kurt up as a homophobe. Although I guess he could have a total crush on Northstar or Colossus and ported off fighting back tears of jealousy and betrayal... but I doubt it.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic

Glad you asked!

I don't think Kurt is gay. If anything, I thought the scene in #65 was setting Kurt up as a homophobe. Although I guess he could have a total crush on Northstar or Colossus and ported off fighting back tears of jealousy and betrayal... but I doubt it.
The way I see it, either way could be very interesting. I actually especially like the idea of him being homophobic....someone as "different" as him, yet he still has his own discriminations....but, then, it could be far more innocent than that...it could be that naive "Holy sh** my friend is gay, does that make me gay?" kind of uncomfortable thing....I mean, he is 14. It's a pretty textbook reaction for the age....

Or, maybe he's a homophobic homo! Angst ahoy! :p

And welcome back Draz!!!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

This is swami confusedelf speaking...

here's my guess at what Kurt and Colossus storyline is: Kurt hurts Colossus's feeling or something about being gay like that and he goes out in his fuzzy blue self, gets a mob after him, Northstar and Colossus save him and there is a moral at the end of the story.
The horrible thing Logan finds out about his past is that he was a florist.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

[spoiler] well Kurt declared his love for another person... Dazzler, yup, he told Colossus(who was visting Dazzler with him) that he had a crush on Dazzler before she and Warren became an item. Kurt sighs thinking "out of all the girls at school, he thought Allison would have been the one to chose the devil :ultimate over the angel :angel . Now is this out of left field or what??? [/spoiler]
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Well...the solicits for #69 are up...

[implement sarcasm mood]

Oh goody...Phoenix...just what we need...yet another retelling of a story that, though a classic in its original form, has now been so done to death its lost all impact!

[end sarcasm mode]

Well...at least it has for me...it's just one of the many reasons X3 holds absolutely no interest for me...

But at least they did something vaguely original with Kurt :D

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

This is swami confusedelf speaking...

here's my guess at what Kurt and Colossus storyline is: Kurt hurts Colossus's feeling or something about being gay like that and he goes out in his fuzzy blue self, gets a mob after him, Northstar and Colossus save him and there is a moral at the end of the story.
The horrible thing Logan finds out about his past is that he was a florist.
I hope you're right...
... and about Logan too. :LOL
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[spoiler] well Kurt declared his love for another person... Dazzler, yup, he told Colossus(who was visting Dazzler with him) that he had a crush on Dazzler before she and Warren became an item. Kurt sighs thinking "out of all the girls at school, he thought Allison would have been the one to chose the devil :ultimate over the angel :angel . Now is this out of left field or what??? [/spoiler]
Where'd you get this from? A google search reveals that the latest issue came out on the 11th. A week ago! C'mon, I haven't been keeping up on this, but I was never very newsy. How did it take THIS LONG for someone to bring this up? I remember when we would have had a three page topic on this on the day it came out, whether anyone had actually read it yet or not.

Well, anyway, I checked it out. And yep, there it is. Issue 66! Kirkman is writing! And Raney on art! This is exciting! It's Kirkman's first issue! Go buy it (or you know, whatever) and come back and talk about how Kirkman is hit or miss so you sure hope he'll be able to do the book justice. Especially considering it is the only book featuring Kurt that hasn't been BAD for the last however many years (Excepting the Nightcrawler series, which is over now. Eyes forward!) and a quick flip through reveals he has a LOT of screen time. Finally!

Man, obsession is dead.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

...Kirkman is hit or miss...
It's a hit! And not just because he actually used Nightcrawler. The scenes between Jean and Scott... *sigh* I can relate. He's got the character thing down.

No idea who that blond kid is, but he only got a couple pages. And since when does Kitty [spoiler]fight crime with Spider-Man? And since when are they (apparently) a couple[/spoiler]? It must have started in a different book.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

...Kirkman is hit or miss...
It's a hit! And not just because he actually used Nightcrawler. The scenes between Jean and Scott... *sigh* I can relate. He's got the character thing down.

No idea who that blond kid is, but he only got a couple pages. And since when does Kitty [spoiler]fight crime with Spider-Man? And since when are they (apparently) a couple[/spoiler]? It must have started in a different book.

They started dating in Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1. I think...
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

How about [spoiler]Lilandra[/spoiler] making an appearance?:naughty.. and I'm wondering who the boy is in this book too.. oh well, in due time:bamf
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
How about [spoiler]Lilandra[/spoiler] making an appearance?:naughty.. and I'm wondering who the boy is in this book too.. oh well, in due time:bamf
And she actually looks good, no weird hair, and the boy shall be found out in less than a month. My question is Is Kurt gonna make a play for [spoiler]Dazzler with Angel out of the way? [/spoiler]
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Well, that'll have to rely on whether Dazzler ever wakes up....and whether his feelings for her are more than just those for the "attainable girl"
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

That makes sense, but Daz will probaly wake up in an issue or two.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I didn't read the actual issue, but a summary it, but I kind of thought that when Kurt came out of the closet(:rolleyes) out of breath, that him and Colossus were doing a bit more than talking:eek Cause Pete said something to the effect of "It wasn't so bad in there" :bamf

[Edited on 20/1/06 by Blue_Demon94]
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Ohhh... yeah that was hilarious... :LOL and also Jean calling Scott a coward
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
I didn't read the actual issue, but a summary it, but I kind of thought that when Kurt came out of the closet(:rolleyes) out of breath, that him and Colossus were doing a bit more than talking:eek Cause Pete said something to the effect of "It wasn't so bad in there" :bamf

[Edited on 20/1/06 by Blue_Demon94]
As much as I am rooting for Gay-crawler, thats def not the case...Kurt showed quite a bit of relief to be out of the closet (:flamer)...I think his words were "I thought that nurse would never leave".....being that close to Pete for any amount of time def makes him uncomfortable....I guess we'll have to keep reading to find out exactly why ;)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

A google search reveals that the latest issue came out on the 11th. A week ago! C'mon, I haven't been keeping up on this, but I was never very newsy. How did it take THIS LONG for someone to bring this up? I remember when we would have had a three page topic on this on the day it came out, whether anyone had actually read it yet or not.
Well...I can't speak for anyone else, but I've become so disillusioned with comics in general that I can wait weeks before I can be bothered to go down the shop and pick 'em up...there was only one recent title that I'd actually go down to get on the day it came out, and naturally, it was cancelled...of course that means they can cost me a small fortune when I do finally get them…

chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I'm too poor to buy comics :( - but I like to try to keep up through summaries. (And sometimes I flip through them in the bookstore - but they're usually *way* behind in the few books that they stock)

Ultimate is one of my favorite titles - because they get to go back to basics and start over and because I like all of the little changes they've made to the characters. (I've kinda missed out on most of it though)

From what I've read I think that they've been leading up to Kurt being homophobic since they introduced Northstar. I kind of like that twist to the character and hope that they do something important with it.

Why is Angel out of the picture? I thought that he and Dazzler were dating. Or did I miss something?

I'm looking forward to the Phoenix arc in this book because the universe is so grounded. What I'm hoping to see is Jean continuing to go insane and do increasingly morally questionable things. (It would be interesting to see just how far the X-men go along with her before they start to question what she's saying or doing) That way (like they hinted would happen at the end of the evolution cartoons) when she becomes athreat to the entire planet - and completely uncontrollable - it will be tremendously sad when her teammates and friends have to choose whether or not to help destroy her :cry
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz