Ultimate X-Men General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Angel is currently undercover at Emma Frost's Academy.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

As for Nightcrawler becoming homophobic, though it isn't a very positive trait they may have, at least it'll abide by the Catholic part of the original character (rimshot:LOL).. I hope if Kurt and Dazzler get together, she'll influence him to change his style and have him dress punkish.. that'd be fun to see:bamf
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

I imagine if he went punkish it would be well...odd... but I imagine the Professor would establish a no piercings policy so that way if they face Magneto or Polaris they won't have such an easy target, no braces either. :) But it would be interesting to see Kurt and Dazzler... but I still think it was rather out of the blue. Marvel said "All right what X-Men girls do we have left. :nodyes You know it to be true. :jedi mind trick
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Originally posted by confusedelf
Angel is currently undercover at Emma Frost's Academy.
He is? I guess I missed that issue. I know that Emma and Xavier had a falling out, but I didn't think that the students at her school (this universe's version of the Hellions?) were the Xavier kid's enemies :/

What is he hoping to find out?

And I would *love* to see Kurt and Alison get together! I'm not sure what about her Kurt likes (other than her being available and female), but I'd really like to see this.

It's *definitely* not a positive trait for Nightcrawler to be homophobic! It just leaves room for stories that revolve around him and his dealing with his relationship to Colossus. (Wasn't there an issue where Dazzler hints to Kurt that Piotr might be gay and he disagrees and says that Piotr's 'normal.') I just like the idea for the potential conflict it will bring to the books.

Editted to add:
"All right what X-Men girls do we have left. You know it to be true. :jedi mind trick

Your mind trick must have worked, I agree with you

[Edited on 22/1/06 by chicory]
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Well of course in issue #68 Kurt will learn a lesson from Piotr about(say it with me class) tolerance and diversity... and every one will be happy... well except for the person who's not happy, but who cares about him :)

(this part was added on...)

I think all Ultimate Kurt/Dazzler fans should say so in their siggys. Here's what it would look like.

I'm a :ultimate/ Dazzler fan.... what all the good pairing were taken? :LOL I amuse myself and most likely scare other people. :nodyes

[Edited on 1/22/2006 by confusedelf]
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I'd be happiest if this is a recurring issue rather than something that's dealt with in one book where the readers are slammed over the head with a cliched moral. Don't the Ultimate books have a good track record with being a little darker and good about carrying along plot points? I can't imagine Kurt being 'cured' in one episode.
UltKurt/Dazzler fan.... what all the good pairing were taken?
What other Ultimate pairings are there?
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Jean/Scott... Bobby/Rogue... Logan/Storm... Kitty/Spiderman

(edit)
Colossus/Northstar(welll they went to a dance together.)

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

... Logan/Storm...
I'm not so sure it's a romantic relationship though...she may want it that way but he strikes me as somewhat reluctant (maybe because he's got that wedding ring and doesn't want to cheat on his unknown wife in case she's still alive)...afterall, Kitty described it as 'male bonding'...

Of course I could be wrong...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Jean/Scott... Bobby/Rogue... Logan/Storm... Kitty/Spiderman

(edit)
Colossus/Northstar(welll they went to a dance together.)

Thanks for those! But what I meant to ask (but didn't very well) was what other Kurt/X pairings there were.

Jean's with Scott, Ororo's older and interested in Logan - not to mention getting over Hank's death, Kitty's not interested and seeing (still?) Spiderman, Rogue was into Bobby and Gambit, and Kurt isn't likely to be interested in any of the guys on the team. So, his options seem to be limited to Alison at the moment. (Unless she wakes up and wants to still be with Angel). But that's what I meant to ask :)
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

I am wondering what will happen to our fine feathered friend, will he be in comic book limbo, or a part of future story lines.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I am wondering what will happen to our fine feathered friend, will he be in comic book limbo, or a part of future story lines.
Future story lines, of course.

This isn't the main book where they'll come up with any bullshit excuse to get a character they don't feel like using out of the way. At least, I hope it's not.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

They kind of did that with Rogue for a while, didn't they? Then she came back with Remy's powers.. does anyone else think they unnecessarily kill off characters in Ultimate X-Men?! Beast, Gambit, Sabretooth (for a while anyway), the Hellfire Club, and I think Lady Deathstrike, Mojo, Marrow, and probably a few more I can't think of.. I just find the need to have someone die in nearly every arc kind of limits what future writers may do.. at least Nightcrawler is still alive though:bamf
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Well the people Mr. Sinister killed are probably going to come back as Horsemen, but that's just my guess.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

That's what I heard.. there were four of them afterall (Marrow was part of them, so I guess she's off the list):bamf
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

I like it that some characters get killed of... in the main Universe they either can't die or come back in a year or so. I hope Ultimate does not catch the same inability to kill off some characters.
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I like it that some characters get killed of... in the main Universe they either can't die or come back in a year or so. I hope Ultimate does not catch the same inability to kill off some characters.
Dead characters should stay dead. As much as I like Psylocke and Colossus, it really cheapens their (multiple) deaths when they just keep bringing them back.

One of the reasons I like Ultimate is that I hope it will go in the opposite direction. (As much as I like Beast, I don't want to see him come back.)

Did Sinister really kill off four characters? I know he killed Marrow and I thought he killed off a version of Blink, who were the other two?

And I also hope that they don't forget about Angel and the books keep up with whatever's going on with him.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Blink was killed in the "Hunt for Justice" reality show Mojo was running, I'm just a bucketload of knowledge aren't I. :LOL

Also two more people Sinister killed were Maggot and Synch. "The More You Know"

[Edited on 1/25/2006 by confusedelf]
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

:doh! I knew that! Because I read the issues with Longshot in them! Yeah. I remember sinister killing Marrow (I think) and also targeting Northstar... Maggot and Synch I didn't remember... You are a bucket of knowledge :) Any idea who the fourth mutant was?

[Edited on 25/1/06 by chicory]
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

All I can tell you about the fourth one is that she has long blonde hair and was wearing a ragtag cloak. So that narrows it down to female mutants with blonde hair. *thinks* it's not Illyana, could it be Magma?
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
They kind of did that with Rogue for a while, didn't they?
Speaking of Ultimate Rogue, isn't Raney's interpretation of her the cutest thing you have ever seen?

Awwww.

I think it's the eyes.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Rogue's been acting a lot more like Gambit lately, right? And now she's okay with touching people?

I was wondering if Ultimate!Nightcrawler had any history with the circus. I thought in this universe he was adopted by a couple who fished him out of a river (but then maybe I'm confusing that with the Evolution cartoon)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by chicory
I was wondering if Ultimate!Nightcrawler had any history with the circus. I thought in this universe he was adopted by a couple who fished him out of a river (but then maybe I'm confusing that with the Evolution cartoon)
Yeah...that sounds like EvoKurt...

Ultimate Kurt was in a circus at some point though we never saw it and it's never really been discussed. In Ultimate X-Men #9 Jean goes into Kurt’s head in order to talk to him due to the language barrier…she takes him to a familiar corner of his memories, somewhere in the Bavarian Alps and while talking to him says:

"Your mind is an open book to m at this moment. I’m reading all about that circus you used to belong to…"
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
hot_fusion
Lubber
Lubber

Post by hot_fusion »

As far as the gay thing goes, I personally hope Kurt is bisexual. There's too much canon heterosexuality for him to be flat out homo, but bi still works. Plus, it'd still work with the character (Kurt looks like a demon and is hated for being a mutant, but he's intolerant, most of all to himself.) But it might just end up being wishful thinking.

Then again, I have a crush on Ult!Kurt, so that might have something to do with it... :ultimate
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by hot_fusion
As far as the gay thing goes, I personally hope Kurt is bisexual. There's too much canon heterosexuality for him to be flat out homo, but bi still works. Plus, it'd still work with the character (Kurt looks like a demon and is hated for being a mutant, but he's intolerant, most of all to himself.) But it might just end up being wishful thinking.

Then again, I have a crush on Ult!Kurt, so that might have something to do with it... :ultimate
*Nacht steps in to remind that there really isn't much canon heterosexuality because we're in the Ultimate universe, not the 616...

Anything goes! :party
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

So how does everyone thinks the Phoenix saga ,that's coming up, is gonna turn out?