Ultimate X-Men General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
*Nacht steps in to remind that there really isn't much canon heterosexuality because we're in the Ultimate universe, not the 616...

Anything goes! :party
Hah. This is true.
Originally posted by hot_fusion
Then again, I have a crush on Ult!Kurt, so that might have something to do with it... :ultimate
Don't we all? :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I'd also like to see a bi or a gay Nightcrawler - and it's true, they haven't defined him either way.
Originally posted by confusedelf
So how does everyone thinks the Phoenix saga ,that's coming up, is gonna turn out?
I like how they've been building up to :phoenix very slowly. I'm looking forward to it, because I'm hoping there will be a twist that makes it worth revisiting. In this title I think the story has the opportunity to be powerful again, in the main universe it's become something of a joke :

[Edited on 4/2/06 by chicory]
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I thought they already kind of dealt with her powers.. I mean, she did waste the whole Hellfire Club, didn't she?! And she's used the powers since then right?! But I guess this arc will just go into either her powers going out of control, or her mastering them :phoenix
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Originally posted by chicory
I'd also like to see a bi or a gay Nightcrawler - and it's true, they haven't defined him either way.
Aw, come on ! The guy falls in love with every woman he meets ! Jean, Storm, Dazzler,...
I understand the interest of characters being different in the Ultimate universe, but this transformation would be just wrong. Part of Nightcrawler's interest is his ladies's man side.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Diablo
Originally posted by chicory
Aw, come on ! The guy falls in love with every woman he meets ! Jean, Storm, Dazzler,...
I understand the interest of characters being different in the Ultimate universe, but this transformation would be just wrong. Part of Nightcrawler's interest is his ladies's man side.
He can still be a romantic devil if he's gay. Just a little twist on it.

I'd rather have him straight, but I wouldn't fuss if they made him gay or bi.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

It would be interesting if him and Blink met in Ultimate.. though I think she may have been killed on Mojo's show:doh!:bamf
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Yeah Blink is dead much like the 616 version, dead before we got to see her....
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Only in a universe where no one dies could the death of an uninteresting, barely-developed character cause so much angst. Let it go! Christ!
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Wait...are ya talking about Ultimate or 616?
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think they should have at least developed her character or introduced her before she was killed off.. but actually, they never technically killed her, but it was implied.. anyway, I think the deaths of major characters in Ultimate are much more meaningful, because Ultimate doesn't seem likely to revive characters through stupid resurrection means, so it's likely that both Beast and Gambit will be dead for sure:(
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Wait...are ya talking about Ultimate or 616?

I didn't know they killed her off right away in Ultimate, but it's a good joke.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Was she ever a part of 616? I didn't know that..:shifty
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

She was part of the Phalanex(sp) Covenent arc she sacrificed herself to kill Harvest or whatever his name was.... died about an issue or two after she was introduced...one of the few...the proud....the ones that actually stay dead.... now including: Blink, Thunderbird, Cypher, Pyro, Mastermind, and others....
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Isn't the original Blink back from the dead and floating around the multiverse in Exiles?
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

wait by orginal you mean 616? the AoA one is with the Exiles....
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I assumed the 616 and AoA were the same one... which doesn't make much sense.

Wasn't the AoA one the original? It doesn't really matter... she was the most boring of all the Exiles (except for maybe her boyfriend) and it just seems weird that people would mourn her death even before she'd been "developed".
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Phalanex Convent(or however the hell you spell it) was in '94 whereas the AoA timelines began in '95, they probably made AoA Blink an important character to ease the 616's passing :P
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Phalanex Convent(or however the hell you spell it) was in '94 whereas the AoA timelines began in '95, they probably made AoA Blink an important character to ease the 616's passing :P
If that was the reasoning, why'd they kill her at the end and not bring her back until 2002? (2001?)

I only like Blink as the jokey character that dies all the time. I don't like to actually see her doing stuff. That's just me, though.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

[quote]
ULTIMATE X-MEN # 68
The Story: “DATE NIGHTâ€
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Did it already come out?? I've read every summary from uncannyxmen.net and I haven't read this one yet.. I still have no idea who that mutant is, but his powers remind me of that kid Wolverine had to kill a while back
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
Umm, what? Was they're thing in common that they'd barely even be in the issue and absolutely nothing would be resolved? Was that it?
The only thing I can put it down to is that they both had a crush on someone who didn't give a damn about them...

Pete on Logan...Kurt on Ali...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[quote]Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
[quote]
ULTIMATE X-MEN # 68
The Story: “DATE NIGHTâ€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

It's always been hinted that Colossus has the hots for Wolvy. Ultimate X-Men #68=major disappointment
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I came to the end and it was like, is that it? Twelve pages on [spoiler]The Phoenix, and one panel of Jean and Scott (:(!) the rest of that page on Rogue and Bobby cleaning up after sex[/spoiler], which was cool and all, I like those parts, but not exactly what I was hoping for. Why couldn't he use the remaining 11 pages to do something interesting instead of using them to introduce Ultimate(ly boring) [spoiler]Prometheus[/spoiler]? I didn't like him before, and so far, not impressed. He killed his parents. *yawn* Whatever. Waste of space. When's Dazzler going to wake up and start tormenting Kurt? How does Piotr's date with Northstar go? Does Kurt get over his gay cootie freak-out? When are Charles and Lilandra going to do it? When is Kitty going to bugger off to Ultimate Spider-Man for good so she quits wasting valuable panels being annoying for no reason aside from she has to be in the book? These are the questions that need answering.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Ya know the Bobby/Rogue romance confuses the hell out of me.... I mean we have Bobby hanging out with Rogue and dating her before the "Cry Wolf" arc then when Rogue left with Gambit Bobby moved on to Kitty, till Kitty found out that he still likes Rogue and ditched him for Spiderman, and now Rogue is back, and getting it on with Bobby only a little while after Gambit died. In other words it's very confusing and seems forced.