It's coming! It's coming! (Spoilers)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Uncannyxmen.net has posted previews for upcoming issues, including hints about the annual. I am SO stoked! It looks like it's going to be the most amazing thing since sliced bread! Plus, the Uncanny X-Men return from outer space to find everything not so cool on earth... (There are better spoilers on the Newsarama forums.)

I can't WAIT. Urk, I could just die. THANKOO UNCANNYXMEN PEOPLES!!!! :worship

And now for the link: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/current/s ... fldAuto=11
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
kurtc
Lubber
Lubber

Post by kurtc »

I can't wait for them to come back from space it's been a long long long long year.:Z
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Your link does not work.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Sorry, it worked yesterday. To see the previews, go to Uncannyxmen.net and find their June 2007 spoilers section. Enjoy. ;)
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

OK - I am so over the top excited about #200
Jump on board here! This is where it all begins! The X-Men face meltdown from within and from without... and their leader, Rogue, faces something worse. Meanwhile a mysterious strike force is taking out the few remaining mutants one by one, with ruthless efficiency. But who is the ultimate target? This special double-sized anniversary issue features a plethora of mutant guest stars, the return of several fan-favorites, and a devastating face-off against the deadliest villain team in the X-Men's forty-four year history! FEATURING THE FIRST ENDANGERED SPECIES BACK-UP STORY LEADING UP TO THIS FALL'S X-MEN EVENT!
64 PGS./Rated A …$3.99
I'm getting it pulled.

Now now only am I excited just because it looks awesome...I'm excited cause (shocker here) GAMBIT'S BACK!

I've been following Carey interviews and it really looks like he's got some love for the cajun...which makes me squee like a 13 yr old girl.

My fav bits of an interview from him:
Trevor Cates-- You recently took a trip to New Orleans what was your experience? Were you able to get into Gambit’s head better? What kind of stories run through your head based on the trip?

Mike Carey -- It wasn’t primarily a Gambit fact-finding tour, but I did take the opportunity while I was there to eat a lot of Cajun food, listen to a lot of zydeco and read up on Cajun culture – as well as talking to a charming Cajun guy who runs a bookshop there and is something of an expert on the bayou communities. I think it did give me a feel both for the unique qualities of New Orleans as a US city and for the amazing resilience and cohesion of the Cajun communities in Louisiana. Whether that will give me any insights into what makes Gambit tick… well, I don’t want to say anything until after I’ve had a pass at writing him. I think so, but we’ll see.

Stories based on the trip… bear in mind that most of what I was doing was looking at the damage that Katrina had left behind her, both in physical terms and in terms of the human landscape of the city. So one of the things that stays with me most is the number of people who now have fleur-de-lys tattoos (the fleur-de-lys being the city’s emblem). They feel that they’ve been through a collective ordeal that defines them, and they don’t ever want to forget it.

Another thing is that I now understand both Mardi Gras and Louisiana voodoo much more than I did from just reading about them. Voodoo in particular has kind of opened up for me in ways that it hadn’t before. I’d never made the imaginative leap of seeing it as a marriage of African tribal religions with the pomp and circumstance of Catholicism, but that’s what it is. It’s the religion of slaves who couldn’t worship their own gods unless they disguised them as Catholic saints. So Baron Samedi was often called Saint Peter or Saint Pierre, because his role is a similar one: he keeps the keys to the door that leads to the next world. It’s amazing stuff.

As far as Cajun culture goes, I’d love to have a Cajun wedding in a story somewhere – the bride with dollar bills pinned to her wedding dress. And I’d love to bring in one of the illegal backwoods race tracks.

-Hearing of the return of Gambit after 200 what types of changes can we see from him in personality, powers, and possibly looks?

MC -- I’d just direct you to the David Finch cover on that one. And I’d also say keep watching until #207 before you come to any conclusions.

- Which X-characters (heroes or villains) would you like to see given more of the spotlight, but are currently not members of any team?

MC -- Well Gambit’s got to come back at some point, and sooner rather than later. Husk and the Beaubiers I’ve already mentioned. Bishop would be in that list. So would Storm.

- What do you think of Gambit's "gas" powers?

MC -- Umm… I prefer his regular powers.

- What is your take on the Gambit-Rogue relationship? Do you like them apart or together?

MC -- Both. But since I inherited a situation where they’d been split up, I’m not going to revert to the status quo just automatically and immediately. I do want to give them a chance to meet up, though. And it’s going to happen soon.

-Can they love other people?

MC -- Yes. Everyone can, given the right circumstances.

-Will Sunfire and Gambit stay as villains and become part of Sinister’s Marauders?

MC -- That’s a “wait and see”.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.