Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Bamfette »

in X-Fan Chat, there i was, it was only me and Berry, then Unregistered comes in and asks how to change his nick... Berry tells him and *poof* he turns into Joe Casey! :D

i chatted with him for an hour and a half, a couple of times the server went out and booted everyone and i got him all to myself ;) and he was a perfect gentleman throughout. not quite what i expected. i expected mroe of a joker, but he was very cool, serious, (tho he threw the occasional joke at us that was dead funny) and answered all questions directed at him. you know how everyone says Iceman is his counterpart in Uncanny? nu-uh. he's Nightcrawler with a dash of Archangel.

it appears his mysterious X-project with Sean Phillips may not happen afterall, :( sounds like it would be cool though. if it happens it will be called X-Men: Holy War and he assured us it would have been very controversial.

he also confirmed the CoH will be in 409 ;)

and we got the straight dirt on why Stacy is called Stacy X and not X-Stacy - some lame indy comic strip had the name copyrighted.

he seemed a bit surprised that i was such a fan, i think he's come to expect people not liking his X work, which is unfortunate.

ok i am done geeking out now
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

arrrgggg!!!!

Post by Panz »

DARNDARNDARNDARN!!!!!
I tried so $%#@^*& hard to get the stupid jIRC crap to work, but right now Im stuck with my whimp-o-rama laptop and it keeps crashing on me!!!!

Im glad that somebody got to talk to him, but in a total pout because it wasnt me! *sniffle*

I KNEW it! the CoH had to be in the big Finale!. Thanks, Bamfette, for representing the crew here, as it were. did ya mention Nightscrawlers?

:bamf:
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Bamfette »

no i didn't metnion it... seemed inappropriate somehow :p maybe next time. he says he will be back in chat after 409 is released to spill the beans on things he would ahve liked to do wiht Uncanny but never got the chance to, due to time or editors. but don't you worry, Stormwatch is being a dear and archiving the conversation!!! :D
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Crawler »

:-D I'm totally digging his stuff right now. 408 was AWESOME.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by BlueJubatus »

no kidding. Now I cant wait for 409....ahh well, only a bit to go.......:P
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Garble »

I really don't know why people are so down on Casey. Poptopia wasn't my favorite story arch ever, but all in all I've really enjoyed his run.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Slarti »

I agree. I didn't care much for Poptopia, though it wasn't horrible, but his stuff has been getting better and better ever since! I'll miss him. *sniff*
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Bamfette »

Yup, Joe will be missed.. he wanted Sean Phillips form the beginning, if that had happened, one, Poptopia probably would have been 10 times better, and he'd might be staying! whoever is responsible for not having Sean hired on the spot as soon as Casey joined up, needs a bit of our patented Summer Sausage treatment...
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Hsu »

*Gets the phone book*
Dave! Who's in charge over there? We need to have a "chat."

:laugh: MUAHAHAHA!!!
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Casey is in CHat

Post by Stormwatch »

Bamfette, Casey is in the X-Fan chatroom giving otu quotes.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Bamfette »

on my way!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Bamfette »

you are archiving this right SW?? i wanna see those quotes!
Coolyguy
Lubber
Lubber

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Coolyguy »

crazy chatroom.

Casey seemed clueless to my many Shadowcat requests.
I have a dancing weenie!
:sausage:
Dance weenie, dance!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Bamfette »

Joe is cool all over again!!! unfortunatley i only caught the tail end of the conversation this time aorund, but SW was kind enough to archive it. Joe gave us some quotes form 409!!!

Okay, here's an Archangel line... "Only an idiot would think that crime doesn't pay. But there are certain things that pay more..."

Okay, here's a Wolverine bit... "Y'know, kids are dying while you're up here playing chairman of the board...

Okay, here's a bit of Vanisher dialogue... "Hard to believe I used to dress up like a walking vegetable... I never got terribly far with that."

Okay, another Vanisher bit... "They want us... they want to be us... we are so in vogue..."

Here's a quick exchange... Archangel: "Everything alright in there?" Iceman: "Hey, where are we... Paris?"

Wolverine to Archangel: "Sometimes I forget that you and Summers grew up together. I guess some of him did rub off on ya..."

and not form the book but ultra cool future plans for Archangel which willnever come to pass: luz - had I continued, he would've run for the Presidency in 2004.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Crawler »

I'm sad to see him go. I think he was just finally hitting his stride...really finally finding his groove, and I think that we're going to really miss out on some great stories because he didn't start with a bang. I just hope Austen is as good as all the Casey bashers are touting. I'm not real confident in Austen yet.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by BlueJubatus »

hey, it took some time to warm to casey, I remember complaining a lot about him a few months ago, but now I know that he's a really competent writer. Im sure that after a while, ill warm to austen too, just so long as he isnt another rabb;)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Joe Casey in X-Fan Chat

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Chuck Austen
Originally posted by mutant freak
Mr.Austen i was just wondering how long you plan on working on uncanny x-men, i mean do you have a contract with marvel or something?

I have no contract. I'm day to day. If the book sells in the top 5, I'll be around forever. If it tanks, look for Joe Casey's return sometime next year.
is it wrong of me cracking a huge smile after reading that? :P

see this is where i am so torn. i liked Joe Casey, i just really like his style of writing... plus he was hired to re-vamp the book like he did with Wildcats and he did just that. he took them in a new direction, and i like that new direction. and now that Sean Phillips is on the book, it's pure gold! but, aside from the deaths of some characters.... from things he's said (fun Nightcrawler!) i think i will like Chuck as well... hell, lets just create a new book for Austen or Casey... but Joe gets to take along any characters he wants from the current Uncanny team, save Nighty and Warren and Iceman from possible death, and get to see Warren run for president! :p