Nocturne

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Nocturne

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Thankye kindly!

This whole thing has dredged up my love for Exiles again, and I totally feel the flu coming on, which means I definately will be spending a sick day in bed with my Exiles issues and Arrested Development dvds.....prob wednesday...

Wednesday also means new New Excalibur...and as much as I am not enjoying it....I am a hopeless Nocturne completeist. I own and plan to own every comic she's ever appeared in....

*hopelessly devoted to nocturne*

Edited to add:

Here's some cool pics of Thunderbird going beasty:

[Edited on 30/1/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nocturne

Post by chicory »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
As for John Proudstar, in Exiles he comes from Age of Apocalypse, where he is War, one of the four horsemen. Apocalypse did a total ovehaul on him, making him about 70% machine (obviously not the part that counts ). He can shape shift to an extent due to his cyborgishness, and when he shifts to a more beastial state, his nose goes, he gets some digigrade legs, a crazy tail...he actually looks pretty fierce when he's completely shifted...
I read the part where he said he was 70% cyborg, but I didn't catch on that he might be able to transform. Does he only go to one shape, or is he a true shapeshifter (like Morph?)

He does look fierce and scarily giant in his other form. (I was a little worried about Nocturne because she seems so much smaller than him). She did say that she was attracted to 'danger' in her flashback episode though - and she seems like a strong, mature character who can handle just about anything.

Thanks again for the scans! I'm definitely going to look more into the character. (And I really like the scene in the white house where TJ and John get back together. The single tear really fits, it's obvious how much she cares about him.)[/quote]
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nocturne

He can;t shift like Morph, all he can do it just get all crazy looking like that...

And T-bird is big, but underneath he's a softy....like Ferdinand the Bull...

I should scan my Chris Giarusso Nocturne and T-bird pic I got done at SDCC 04. It;s super cute..but its framed, so I dont know how well it'll scan...mayeb a picture. I'll figure it out..
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nocturne

*realises she promised to scan the Giarusso*

Here it is! In all its super cuteness!

How frikken adorable! Giarusso was so nice too......he gave it to me half price!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Nocturne

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I've started reading exiles now (again THANKS nacht!!), and I really really am enjoying it. I like how kick butt and fierce Nocturne is. She's one tough cookie, while still being vulnerable and human underneath it.

While I haven't read any of NEX - I am frusterated at hearing that they've toned her down into some girly girl. That's so not the TJ I am enjoying - and exiles TJ came first, so they should stick with that, darn it!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nocturne

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor

While I haven't read any of NEX - I am frusterated at hearing that they've toned her down into some girly girl. That's so not the TJ I am enjoying - and exiles TJ came first, so they should stick with that, darn it!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHGREED

It is just SO evident in how she's handled that the writer just doesn't care for her. Like, he SAID he picked her because she's Kurt's daughter. And he's writing her as...Kurt's daughter...regardles of the fact that A: shes far more than that and B: she's NOT KURT'S DAUGHTER! She's AU KURT'S DAUGHTER!

It drives me nuts. I don't get why she's written as a teen. She's NOT! Of ALL the Exiles, shes the only one who was given a definitive age...how can you ignore that?
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nocturne

Post by Confizzle »

Alright I picked up the first Exiles tpb yesterday and I like Winicks Nocturne, there I said it :P.
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nocturne

Post by Bitsy »

Hey guys. I was at the comic book shop the other day and I was flipping through various issues of X-men. I saw that Nocturne is now a part of Exalibur and she's....friends with Juggernaut? How'd that happen??? You have to forgive me, I'm still a sort of noob. The only comics I've read have been the Nightcrawler solo series. Here's some questions I have about Nocturne:

How did she grow up? Like, as a child being raised by Kurt?

What's her relationship with her father and any other X-men?

Did she ever know Prof X?

What's her personality like? Is she rebellious? Shy? Perky?

Does she have an image inducer?

Did she ever hate the way she looked?

That's about it for now. I did read up on her a little. I know she can emit energy blasts from her hands, can possess people and has limited telepathy, but that's about it. She seems interested.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Nocturne

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Bitsy
Hey guys. I was at the comic book shop the other day and I was flipping through various issues of X-men. I saw that Nocturne is now a part of Exalibur and she's....friends with Juggernaut? How'd that happen???
She got stranded on 616 earth when the rest of the Exiles went off with Beak in her place...she joined the new Brotherhood for reasons unknown and when they showed up at the mansion looking for a fight (she wasn't really fighting with them)...Jugs, an X-Man at the time came out to butt heads with them and somehow they both ended up in Mojoverse, escaping together they got back to the mansion in time for Mojo to turn all the Uncanny X-Men barring his current Mary-Sue Psylocke (well one of them anyway) into little kids (both her and her dad are adorable as little rugrats :D)...then House of M happened and I haven't got the energy to go into all that right now...
You have to forgive me, I'm still a sort of noob. The only comics I've read have been the Nightcrawler solo series. Here's some questions I have about Nocturne:

How did she grow up? Like, as a child being raised by Kurt?
She grew up at the mansion under the loving care of both Kurt and Wanda...
What's her relationship with her father and any other X-men?
Cool...she adores her parents (and vice versa), though Kurt can be a bit strict with her (he worries)...
Did she ever know Prof X?
Difficult to say...it's likely he was killed before she was old enough to really remeber him...
What's her personality like? Is she rebellious? Shy? Perky?
I'd say somewhere between rebellious and perky...
Does she have an image inducer?
Doesn't look like it...
Did she ever hate the way she looked?
Nope...she's much like her dad there...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nocturne

Nandi's got it right...

Her parent's are quite happily married and you could say TJ had a pretty normal chilhood, being raised at the Xmansion by her parents and assorted Aunts and Uncles. It seems that "Uncle Logan" may have been a bit protective of her. Her parent's apparently wanted her experience growing up to be as normal as possible. They even sent her to public high school (Uncle Logan did NOT approve).

She seemed to be VERY rebellious as a teen, clashing alot with her father. It's that very typical teenaged "indestructable" attitude vs. the "must protect my daughter" thing, you know? She wasn't terribly rebellious, though. She got her hair dreaded, but skipped out on the tattoo she knew would drive her dad crazy...I wouldn't call her perky, I'd call her upbeat. She's got a pretty good attitude, though she's young. She's had a whole LOT of shit dealt to her in Exiles which she handled.....though, it had its effect. One thing she is DEFINATELY not is shy..

As for her appearance, it appears that her world is a whole lot more accepting to mutants than 616. The Xmen are still not so great in the public eye, and the Avengers are VERY well loved (Wanda is still with the Avengers). But, TJ can walk down the street without having to cover up and without garnering many (if any) stares, so I'd say she doesn't need an inducer. And she's VERY confortable with the way she looks..

Hope that helps. If you want some prime Nocturne reading, check out Exiles. Specifically, #16 and #41-42, though just about everything to #50 is fucking brilliant..

All that being said, I'm gonna move this to the Non NC section and merge it with the existing Nocturne thread.....I actually posted issue 16 there, so take a look!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Nocturne

Post by Nandireya »

All that being said, I'm gonna move this to the Non NC section and merge it with the existing Nocturne thread.....I actually posted issue 16 there, so take a look!
Yeah...I was gonna do that yesterday...but it was late...I was tired...and I used up what little energy I had left answering the questions :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nocturne

Ok, I'm resurrecting this thread. I'm also rechristening it "ALL ABOUT NOCTURNE!"

I've noticed there are alot of people who really don't know Nocturne outside of Claremont's version, and that is SAD! Not only are they getting the worst version to date, but they also missed out on a TON of amazing issues of Exiles!! I started doing this at CBR, and figured I'd bring it here. My favorite Nocturne moments!!! It actually drummed up alot of interest in her character and in the golden days of Exiles, so hopefully I can do that here too :D. Because, dammit, she ROCKS! (or....she did :bawl).

So, to kick us off, Nocturne kicking butt:

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nocturne

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I just read somewhere that she had a stroke. What the hell?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nocturne

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
I just read somewhere that she had a stroke. What the hell?
Claremont.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Nocturne

Post by Feuerstein »

But I LIKED it. I liked the stroke. And New Excalibur was the only place he could write something like that, since it would be totally insignificant in a core title. I think it was a little bit random, but aren't debilitating illnesses always like that? I liked that we were treated to the shock of realizing that these people who do these incredible things are still, when you come down to it, human. My biggest complaint would be that the issue didn't really give me that shock, though. I guess because of how it was written. But there were some good scenes, in my opinion. But I also don't hate all things Claremont. n.n"
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nocturne

Strokes are for old people. Are you still reading, Nacht?

lols Feuerstein "I can imagine this being good but it was in reality poorly written."
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nocturne

Originally posted by Feuerstein
But I LIKED it. I liked the stroke. And New Excalibur was the only place he could write something like that, since it would be totally insignificant in a core title. I think it was a little bit random, but aren't debilitating illnesses always like that? I liked that we were treated to the shock of realizing that these people who do these incredible things are still, when you come down to it, human. My biggest complaint would be that the issue didn't really give me that shock, though. I guess because of how it was written. But there were some good scenes, in my opinion. But I also don't hate all things Claremont. n.n"
My biggest complaint about the stroke was this whole "humanising" thing. TJ didn't HAVE to be humanised, because she overcame major "humanising" obstacles over and over in Exiles. She lost her love, she "lost" her baby, she was tortured, she nearly forfeited her life for the team, etc. etc. The rest of NEX, IMHO, could have used a "humanising" moment more than her. *points specifically to Sage*

And not everyone who dislikes what Claremonts doing now hates "everything he does". Those kinds of quips are not gonna be tolerated here.
Strokes are for old people. Are you still reading, Nacht?
I'm not reading, but I'm collecting. Curse my completist attitude!
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Nocturne

Post by Feuerstein »

Nacht, I wasn't trying to imply that anyone hates everything Claremont does. It was a joke and perhaps poorly placed. I'm sorry it was upsetting.

Aside from that, good points... it would be interesting to see how Sage dealt with something like that, but we still got to see some development in her by the way she helped TJ.
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nocturne

Originally posted by Feuerstein
Nacht, I wasn't trying to imply that anyone hates everything Claremont does. It was a joke and perhaps poorly placed. I'm sorry it was upsetting.
It's no big deal. But I know that is taken and thrown out as an insult on other boards and it errupts into a fight. I don't want that to happen here.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nocturne

I'm not reading, but I'm collecting. Curse my completist attitude!

...............dude

WHERE IS DOH WHEN YOU NEED IT

:doh! (thanks paws!)

[Edited on 22-6-2007 by The Drastic Spastic]

[Edited on 24-6-2007 by The Drastic Spastic]
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Nocturne

Post by Feuerstein »

NachtcGleiskette wrote: It's no big deal. But I know that is taken and thrown out as an insult on other boards and it errupts into a fight. I don't want that to happen here.
I know what you mean. I'll be more careful in the future.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Nocturne

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

...............dude

WHERE IS DOH WHEN YOU NEED IT
Right here. :doh! (you gotta put a ! on the end)
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nocturne

Oooo I forgot I was doing this!!! Here's more!! Everyone's favorite scene:

:naughty
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nocturne

Ok, everyone go here: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... firsts.htm

And check out the preview for the next issue of NEX. What looks wrong? How about Claremont has OBVIOUSLY NEVER READ EXILES and OBVIOUSLY HAS NO IDEA HOW NOCTURNE'S POWERS WORK!

Ugh. I'm officially writing Marvel. Like, how much character assassination can one take? :bawl
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nocturne

You can stop reading any time you want. ;)