November Spotlight: Layla Miller

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Our favorite little deus ex machina from House of M, PAD really gave her some dimension in Xfactor as the creepy little girl who "knows things" (including that one day she and Jamie'll get married :D). Since I'm trying to get this up ASAP, I'm stealing a bit from Wiki:
Although Layla has claimed that she once had horns and could breathe fire, she may not have meant for this to be taken literally, as she is explaining to Jamie Madrox that she was an outcast and treated badly by the other children in the orphanage.[3]

During House of M she had the ability to "awaken" heroes and make them remember their former lives.

After M-Day, she exhibits an ability to see paths of causality to their ultimate conclusion, allowing her to alter events to prevent or cause certain occurrences. However, a few times she has encountered blind spots: her abilities did not enable her to discern that her teammate Strong Guy was brainwashed, or the machinations of Singularity CEO Damian Tryp.

After the destruction of Singularity Industries, Damian Tryp reveals to Layla that her very existence had foiled his plans — she is a force of chaos like he is. Tryp reveals that when he comes into conflict with Layla, terrible events occur as a result. Following her encounter with Tryp, Layla appears genuinely shocked for the first time: the glass of milk she is pouring unexpectedly overflows, spilling onto the floor.
She certainly is one of my favorite parts of Xfactor! Let's get discussin!

"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Creepy.... "I know stuff"...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I don't know about everyone else, but I actually like characters that know much more than that they should know.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Me too steyn! And I really like the direction PAD took her in. In her inception in HoM, she was very....well, she seemed like a plot device. I like where she's gone in Xfactor :)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

I agree. PAD did an awesome job and turned her from a mere plot device into an actual person in X-Factor. She has had some very funny scenes in thebook. I'll see if I can find some more scans of her.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Layla is badass, 'nough said.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

She is. She's really come a long way.

You guys have more favorite scans to post??
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I do! Cause I love her. But my computer is still in the shop. So when it comes back ;).
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Here's a scan from X-Factor #25 (pretty much non-spoilery), showing Layla being D'awww-worthy in her pink raincoat and with the Hello Kitty umbrella.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

LOL I like that one. "Half the stuff I know just comes from paying attention."