PATY!!!! rumour has it... (NXM SPOILERS)

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Originally posted by Dark Bamf
I have it! Logan and Hank both have developed sinus problems, and thus can't smell Mags! :P:LOL

:bamf
That may not be far off- he was using Nano Sentinels to hold Charlie's spine together, and they first appeared as "a cold" that even Logan got- maybe he's got Hank and Logan's nasal passages stuffed full of nano-sentinels. If he's responsible for all the bad stuff from Morrison's run, he could have progammed the Nano sentinels to give off a different scent every time they sensed his magnetic presence.

Or Not.
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

You know, I don't even bother to get new Marvel comics anymore.
Someone or something always seems to get screwed up at each issue.
I'm content in my cocoon of old school.
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

What she said. I'm wit' you, Luce. :kiss

'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

As one of their features celebrating the 40th anniversaries of the X-Men and the Avengers, X-Fan did a countdown of the top 40 X-Men characters (here is a link to the top 10. there are links to the other 3 articles in this series at the top of thi one. Click Here0
Anyway, the number one X-Character of all time is none other than the Master of Magnetism himself. Here's the reasoning behind his placement:

[quote]
Why: Any writer worth his salt will tell you that your hero is only as good as your villain. What would Othello be without Iago, or Lear without Edmond? What would Holmes be without Moriarty, or Luke Skywalker without Darth Vader? And so it is with great honor that we here at ComiX-Fan do declare by whatever authority entrusted with us… the number one X-character of all time is the master of magnetism himself, Magneto! More than just another antagonist to be fought and dealt with, Magneto represents the ultimate threat and opposition to the X-Men. An enemy of incredible power with a strength of will and passion that will not be crushed and can never die, whose philosophy is the active antithesis of Xavier’s dream. He challenges the X-Men not just physically, but intellectually as well. So much so, in fact, that some fans find themselves agreeing more with his “dreamâ€
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Post by Paty »

:mags:
OK...spoiler time.I don't know how to activate the spoiler thingie so if you don't wanna know what's in the upcoming New xmen...stop reading now. does it kick in automatically?

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

[spoiler] In the next New X Men, we see Esme giving Magneto kick to enhance his power...if he's the dealer, he should already have it! Esme is supplying HIM! so Mags is not responsible for that...as if we ever thought he was! He has always shown a compulsive/addictive personality...from drinking on duty with the New Mutants to power enhancers of all sorts, in and out of the helmet..to using people like Lorna Dane and Cortez to enhance his power. He is a power junkie...and this is entirely in character when you thinkof the lack of power and the trials he endured in auschwitz because of that lack of power. Mags is deathly afraid of a powerless existance! He will do anything not to be powerless again...and he will do virtually anything to keep and enhance the power he already has. He is easily led in this regard. If you understand his underlying fears, you can manipulate him easily.
Our neighborhood comics store guy, Pete, has a theory. He thinks that when the sentinels attacked Genosha, they did not kill Mags, they infested him...at the direction of someone...possibly Cassandra Nova... with nanosentinels that are subverting his own mental commands and directing his movements and actions even now. the scene at the end of the latest issue with a naked Xavier hanging suspended is a rewrite of the Eve of Destruction. Even Morrison, I am told, admits on one of the forums that he is rehashing old storylines. The great innovator...rehashing old stories! Will wonders never cease???
However, if Pete's theory could hold sway..or even be considered... we could salvage the Claremont Magneto with dignity and purpose intact. that whole scenerio would make him the pawn...the victim... once more. And this is not an unfamiliar position for Magneto. I doubt that anyone at Marvel has the smarts to consider such a plotline...but wouldn't it be grand? Dream on, Paty...
Magneto was a victim in his formative years... in many ways he will always be one and this is one of the reasons he is so popular. He has all this power, good intentions and goals and so many fears that his use of the power is ineffective. Ya can really feel sorry for the poor guy...and want to know more abouthim...cuz...somewhere in there he is like all of us...essentially powerless in a world of crazyness...frustrated with whatever we CAN do cuz it is never enough and visionary enough to see the pitfalls ahead if we can't change it. And the epic tragedy of Magneto is that despite his emmense power, he cann't change it!!! Written properlly, he would be a tragic hero of the epic proportions of Hamlet or Macbeth..Marvel editorial is too afraid of writing that good. In the saga of Magneto, Chris was doing it...and they basically fired him and brought in people who would write the character as shallowly as they were comfortable with. What a loss!
In any event...hopefully there is more here than meets the eye...although I am not sanguine about Morrison's mental capabilities in this direction. I think it will be up to better writers to "fix" his messes. Let's just hope there is a Marvel Universe left standing after he is gone. Personally If I were upper editorial, I would scrap his storylines from one fifty on out...but Marvel is too cheap to do this. They are written, drawn and , more immportantly, PAID FOR!!! this means they will probably get used...considering Morrison's pay scale...which is probably outtasite. Marvel has always thought with it's pocketbook instead of it's graymatter... more fools they![/spoiler]
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Hmmm...I had not red the above post before penning my above post...but...YEAH...what he said!
Magneto has a view of the world situation that is far more realistic than Xavier's. He knows bloody reality. Yes, this is his past...and it does rule him. Xavier wants to believe the best of humanity and humanity will eventually bury him...cuz humanity is not evolved that far above the tribal/insular/ape mentality. Our herd/tribe/community/nation first! Kill anyone who might pollute our way of life. You see it in the Muslim terrorism..they are terrrified that western ways will infiltrate and cause them to lose power...power over their politics, power over their slave women...power in world considerations and business. They committed stupid acts...like 911...and gave bush the excuse he needed to make his powerplay and advance his own agenda. Magneto knows the real world. Xavier dreams... and that is not bad...but it is not a working hypothesis for the world at large.
It has been said that if the two could combine and help each other and temper the extremes of each other's visions, that they could prevail...and I think this is true. The tragedy, of course, is that they will never really work together...they have too many personal blindspots and fears. This is the tragedy of the whole world, actually and is why it is so important not to allow stupid writers to destroy the complexity of this dynamic. Morrison is trying as hard as he can, apparently...and marvel is letting him do it. What fools! In the juxtaposition of Magneto and Xavier, they are sitting on a gold mine and pissing on it and declaring it is not there...and that they know better than anyone else what is good and what is not.
Lucy...you have the right of it. The current hogwash is not worth the bucks you hav to pay. Where Magneto is concerned, the Claremont years were the Golden Age...not before...and not since. I would love to see a return to decent writing and attention to canon and details...but i don't see it happening...at least not right now. We must wait, we are told, until after Morrison's trash ends. Thank goodness he is gone. When the spectre of two more years of his crap loomed, i was ready to stop reading altogether. But, thank the fates, he is gone!
Chuck Austen seems to be trying to cover some of the holes left by Morrison's inept writing and Marvel's even more inept editing...but he is confusing the whole confusing mess even more. He shows us nanosentinals invading the island and fighting Lorna where we saw no such in the New X Men depiction of the invasion. Lorna and Pietro were off shuttling people back and forth to Africa when the Genoshan raid was supposed to have gone down, wasn't she? that's why she and Pietro were outta Genosha in the first place. When did she have time to do this genetic research and return to Genosha in time to be there for the big "hit"? There are huge holes here that don't seem to be considered when dealing with the Lorna story...and, of course, it is told from HER viewpoint...and we know what a mess her mind has always been. So nothing makes sense in either of the two main titles...and the story continues to roll on like a destructive avalanche rumbling downhill and destroying everything in it's path. I can believe this was Morrison's intention all along. I am not sure it is Chuck's...I would like to believe better of him...but I am not sure he understands the totality of Magneto's possible scope. The above post from ComiX FAN touches on it. You could do a doctoral thesis on Magneto alone...as well as on the Magneto/Xavier dynamic.

These are dark days at Marvel and especially in the X universe. Are they trying to bring the real X world in line with the Ultimate universe...it would seem so...with a siderial nod to the movie universe...Magneto's costume in the newest NewXmen book , while retaining his red/purple color scheme is stylistically a swipe from the movie costume. Not that it looks bad, mind you...I don't think Mags can look bad...but it isn't HIM, either. Defacto as well as de jure as far as I am concerned... So we shall see what happens with the Magneto that Morrison is bound and determined to destroy.
Y'know what I think? I think Morrison really hated Marvel, was using it to preach his own world views, and Marvel was too stupid to realize it and stop him from making a veritable mish mosh of Marvel's vaunted continuity and complexity of characters. Was this malice aforethought? Possibly. But, as the old saw goes...let the buyer beware! Caveat Emptor! If Marvel plotted it's own destruction so adroitly, and merely used Morrison to impliment it... they must have been suicidal! If he sneaked in and used them to destroy themselves, they were just monumentally stupid. Either way...Marvel today isn't the House of Ideas I worked at!!! How the mighty have fallen...and decayed!
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Originally posted by Paty
Lorna and Pietro were off shuttling people back and forth to Africa when the Genoshan raid was supposed to have gone down, wasn't she? that's why she and Pietro were outta Genosha in the first place. When did she have time to do this genetic research and return to Genosha in time to be there for the big "hit"?
Well, When last we saw the X-Men they were in spandex, the Institue resembled a Military Installation rather than a school, and the active roster consisted of Cyclops, Jean, and Wolverine.

When Morrison arrived on the book, the X-Men were in black leather, a few hundred students were set to arrive, and Hank, Kurt, Warren and Bobby returned to active duty. I suspect Lorna performed these tests in the time it took to completely overhaul the institute. no small task.

[spoiler] If Magneto is dependant on the "Kick", could he have been the one to kill Emma? The Cuckoos blamed Emma for Sophie's death, which makes me think Esme withheld Kick from Magneto, making him shoot her.....[/spoiler]

by the way, to make the spoiler tags, type

(spoiler) body text (/spoiler), but replace the ( ) with [ ]
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

OOOOOO...thenkyew, NZ... I went back and made it work! Yay!

Re what you said. Nah... I don't think MAgs did it. Or if he did, something is controlling him and my bet is good ol Cassandra Nova. if he were in the mansion and a confidant of Xavier's as we were led to believe, then he musta known of her existance in the cellar..and who she was and what she did. If she did not have some control on him, he would have killed Her! For sure! Since she was responsible for the death of sixteen million of his people...whom he was responsible for...having made Genosha the land of milk and honey for mutants...and supposedly a safe harbor.
the whole problem with Magneto's history the last several years was that Hardass was bound and determined to make him a total badass villain with no socially redeeming qualities. We don't know why hardass had this vendetta against one of the few Jewish superdoops...but we can guess at rampant prejudice of some kind...racial, ethnic, whatever...for such a pervasive attack on the character for so many years against the howls of the readers, polls and even the dogged determination of writers and artists to rescue Mags from him, points to a deep seated hatred. and the only kind of hatred that generates such longstanding efforts is some sort of bigotry. I would like to think that this kind of thing couldn't hold sway at a place like Marvel...but evidence seems to suggest otherwise.

Now, the whole of Magneto's actions during the better part of the last decade...during the Hardass years and even into the Quesada years... are suspect...are inconsistant with what had been established before and , in my view, totally invalid as canon. Building on this shifting sand without first digging down to the bedrock of Chris's characterization is asking for trouble and only compounding the confusion. We need someone to go in and make sense of all this crap and wretched storytelling and it doesn't seem like anyone at marvel is interested...or, indeed, up to the task.
I still think the solution is to have the Beast have had a bad pizza dream after the events in X Men 3...and start over from there. Simplistic, I know...but boy! would it get rid of all that crap!
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

OK..boys and girls... does anyone out there believe what happened in New X Men 147 is REAL????!!!!!
Yeah... I realize that when we are talking comic books...and especially when we are talking grant Morrison so called writing... we are stretching REALITY a bit...a LARGE bit...but "real" within the scope of the accepted universe...The X Universe, which is ostensibly OUR universe with superdoops added...
So does anyone out there believe this is NOT a fever dream...hallucination...bogus issue...???!!!

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

You mean like Xavier laying there, unconcious, dreaming this up while Magneto bounces pebbles off his back?

I don't know. From what I've seen so far, it looks like this really happened, which leads to Morrison's post-apocalyptic war between a race of optic blasting Nightcrawlers and Metropolis styled Lady Sentinels, all leading up to somePhoenix Saga/Days of Future Past rewrites, and then everything's fine at the end.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Gimme a break!
[spoiler] Magneto destroys New York! the Statue of Liberty! Kills thousands, hundreds of thousands! AND NOT ONE SUPERDOOP WHO LIVES THERE SHOWS UP TO FIGHT HIM??? Not to mention the changing backgrounds. skyscrapers come and go...buildings that are standing on page one or two...depending on if you count the synopsis page as page one... are blown away a couple of pages later...yet are firmly back in place later on in the book...intact...with LIGHTS!!! Do you know what the kind of mayhem shown would do to the power grid in NYC? the whole freakin northeast corridor would be blacked out...not just the city!!! but ...voila!... lights everywhere...including buildings that were trashed only a few pages previously! This is a "kick" hallucination. or a mind scenerio foisted on Mags by Cassandra Nova through Esme. The whole nekkid chuck scene is a rehash of Eve of Destruction...among sundry other storylines..including the Cassandra Nova one twenty issues ago.
This book is so bogus it reeks to high heaven. Morrison is yanking our chains again and Marvel, bound by ridiculous contracts that say no one can edit him and no one but the ed in chief can even TALK to him...is sitting around with mud on their face and their thumbs up their anal openings! And Morrison is laughing all the way to the bank at the fools at Marvel... and the fools who plop down their money for his junk! Crap! Kaka Del Toro!!!
Is it even Mags? what is really going on here? Bridges sway and break, the Statue of Liberty is crushed...buildings sway and wave and crash in true Looney toon style and then are whole again two pages later...and you say this seems real to you??? Egad!!! Nothing works here, kiddo! Zip! Nada! this is Morrison jerking off to the fanboys...and girls! [/spoiler]

the only reason I am still buying this abominable mess is Mags. I don't think we've seen the worst that Morrison can do...not yet, at any rate...and thank goodness he only has three more issues in this arc...and, supposedly only seven or so issues entoto left to turn our stomachs. I don't see how it can get worse than this...but Marvel continues to amaze with it's monumental disrespect for the integrity of it's characters...and, thus, it's own welfare.
Ho do you spell "self destruct"? M A R V E L
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

:yuck Is Chuckie on crack? what is this???????

IF this is indeed the real Magneto and these events transpire as written, GM deserves the first ever lead sausage award for lame-a$$ plots. The issue made no sense. Poor Chris is gonna have to clean this giant-sized dookie heap up and re-write like a mad man, and likely Chuck too...

Mebbee I can deliver the award myself....:D"Spesh delivery from Mags fans" :toothy

Sorry, GM lovers, but I like my Mags with a personality. He should be charismatic and subversive, not a sociopath with a bad temper...just my take on it.

Maybe Chux is just havin' a bit of gas....What the H.E.Double hocky sticks is Marvel thinking??????????
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Marvel is NOT thinking!!! there is no gray matter evident in any dealings with His LAIRDSHIP! Morrison got a contract that says they cannot mess with his storylines, plots, scripting or ANYTHING! He will not talk to editors below Quesada and the big Q must have a damn good reason to bother his Godhood!
Now, in defense of JQ...I am sure he didn't set this contract up. Probably Jemas did...and Marvel will suffer for it. Marvel is toocheap to pay the walking talking rectum that calls itself a writer and deep six the whole mess and cut their losses.NOOOOOO... they will print this drek cuz it is written, drawn and PAID FOR!!! Damn the stupid characters, full speed ahead!
Panz, is there anything in this issue that rings even marginally real??? I am told that Jiminez was told he could not even ask questions of His Godship when he was drawing the thing. This is sheer idiocy...Artists and writers DO need to talk...unless his royalness was telepathing the scenes directly through the artis'ts brain to his fingertips!
Everyone genuflect to the Godalmighty Morrison!
No...NO... this thing is not real...It cannot be...if for no other reason than the changing backgrounds make no sense. Forget the drivel that calls itself a story...look at the art for your clues to what is going on, here.
Morrison will, as per usual, probably clear up stuff in the "What has gone before" synopsis in the next book ... as he usually does. He doesnn't tell the story in the book...he tells it in the synopsis at the beginning of each following issue. Without that page and the info contained therein, there would be no story...cuz there sure isn't in the body of the book itself!
Sorry for the rant...but this kind of thing from a supposed professional just blows my mind..and that Marvel would let something like this actually be PRINTED!!!...
sigh...
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Well, now with things being in an unsettled state at Marvel what with the Bill and Joe team being broken up, who knows whats going to happen. ComiX-Fan just posted an annoucement that Jemas would no longer be in his position and that they were extending Joe Q s contract...Waiting on "Official" word from Marvel on the Jemas situation, but it looks like he will be stepping down. How this will be affecting the titles is of course, unknown at this point. CC hasn't answered any of my questions about Mags or anything else, don't known if I've irked him or if he's busy and keeping mum...HOPEFULLY he will be able to salvage something out of this mess. Hopefully he'll get a chance to, if he wants to, that is

by the way...just how many times can New York city get whiped out??? doesn't that get costly?????:rolleyes
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Panz
by the way...just how many times can New York city get whiped out??? doesn't that get costly?????:rolleyes
Well, considering how many times Tokyo has been leveled by various atomic-spawned monstrosities, I guess NY NY is still behind in the destructo-meter by ten or fifteen catastrophes. :tonguewag

And, yes, this is a horribly flippant comment, mashing comics in with the Godzilla franchise, as the Godzilla franchise doesn't even bother for 100% consistancy between movies. However, since it looks like Marvel is going for the same effect, maybe it's not so flippant after all... :(
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

LOLOL...yeah...godzilla...but New York is the center of the Marvel superdoop universe! If this storyline isn't reflected in the books of the other characters based in NY...like Spidey, The Avengers, the FF, DD, etc...then what kind of continuity is it? I don't hear of mayhem in the other titles..can any of you who read other stuff by Marvel enlightin us on this?
If there is not at least some kind of ripple effect, then it cannot be real!
Even when the world trade center went down, they had Mags showing up to mourn the fallen humans.
Now Morrison has him committing even greater atrocities...shades of 911! Morrison obviously has no shame or feeling...that Marvel publishes this about a city that is STILL reeling from such real destruction means that Marvel doesn't either! Shame on them!!!
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

I was thinking about that. I mean after columbine, and a few others, a certian tv station didn't show certian episodes of a show because they showed a mass-murder plot at school. The whole message was that it was bad, but they waited sevral months before showing it, out of respect. Is anyone at marvel...never mind dumb question, of course they aren't thinking. *makes a note to add this to her emails* Btw is four letter and three or four emails sent in three days being firm or annoying?

And no, they didn't all go to the same people. :halo
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

I was about to make a flip comment about destroying Manhattan myself, in The Futurians, but come to think of it, it's not funny any more. :oops :shame

'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

there are never too many letters. If we annoy them, maybe they will get the point that we are pissed...and thet maybe they better listen.
Faint heart never won anything!
Deluge them bastards with a ton of mail if you feel like it! and you can write someone more than once, too!!!
they gotta be made to know they cannot do this kind of thing with impunity.
Thanks to all who wrote or are gonna write in the near future...Keep up the good work!!!
Huggies
paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

I really don't think Magneto destroying New York is real Paty. Yes, I think, or should I say, I believe, it should be shown in the other Marvel lines, FF, Spidey etc... if this was real. But do they(the artists and writers of the other Marvel books) really sit down and talk to each other about what they are going to do when it comes to continuity? Apparently not if this is for real and the other books don't reflect that.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

its gonna be interesting, no matter what happens to NY, continuity-wise

hmmm...

Mags and the Prof lived through the sixties though, maybe the whole "funhouse New York" could be blamed on a bad acid flashback?

:p

good grief though, i cant even get my hands on a lot of the marvel comics these days, and stuff like this makes me wonder if i want to...

maybe they should just get all the writers who ever did the X-men together, pick out the ones who dealt with a particular character best to represent them (eg: Chris C to represent Mags) and plot their way out of the current sorry situation?

(hey i can dream right?...)

and maybe after that Mags can lead the good guys through New York in a soft shoe shuffle to the tune of 'singin in the rain'

hey it can't be any worse than what i'm hearing right now!

though i think you have a point Paty re: [spoiler] Magneto addicted to power enhancers so as to never be a victim again, - yikes i'd hate to get between him and his coffee!

:Xavier - i like cappucino

:Magneto - No! Java is the only possible beverage to drink

:Xavier - but Erik, Cappucino and Java can peacefully coexist

:Magneto - No charles, Java is the future not that...

:p
:) [/spoiler]
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

:LOL:LOL:LOL

Anyway, about New#147, I honestly think it's the worst X-issue EVER -sorry Mr Morrison...- and there have been A LOT of bad issues...

I totally agree with Paty. Mindless destruction, Drugs, Magneto as an unidimensional villain... It doesn't make any sense ! But I'm afraid it all really happens...

Concerning the Polaris/Magneto relationship... well, why not ? Magnus could have conceived Lorna with anybody...
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

From what I'm gathering, If we replaced all of Magneto's dialogue in this story arc wit "MAGNETO SMASH!" It wouldn't change the plot at all...........
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

You got that right NZ...It is just dreadful.

Y'see, the theory is that major shit like the total destruction of New York would ripple through the other books. It's gotta ripple through the other X books, cuz he told Xavier he had "renovated" the mansion , and we had a big doublepage spread of him totally destroying the mansion. Now, over in Uncanny, the last time we saw Xorn, chuck was trying to help Lorna Dane with her mental problems...so where is Lorna right now? did Chuck Austen have to deal with a destroyed mansion and dead children or at least maimed and traumatized children...??
If Uncanny comes out and there is no damage or carnage to back up the new X Men book, then it cannot be real. If there is no mention of the destruction in any of the other books, it cannot be real. Marvel is based on Universe continuity. the heroes may not have to deal with the threat directly, but it is acknowledged in their books if it is a big enouugh happening.
This is monumental damage on an unprecedented scale and the issues in question have been plotted and worked on for two years!!!
there was, at one time, a master book...in which all the storylines and plots and characters whereabouts and actions were entered. this was so that if Wolverine was in Marakesh, he couldn't guest appear in ...say...Daredevil. so continuity of appearance was maintained. You cannot have the X men showing up to skate on the Rockefeller ice rink if they are currently across the freakin galaxy fighting the Imperial guard on the Shi'iar homeworld! At least that's how it used to be. The Marvel universe continuity was maintained within it's own space/time continuum. Editors talked to eqach other and warned of upcoming catastrophies that would possibly impact their books or characters.
Who the hell knows what is going on at Marvel these days? Does the whims of the Great God Morrison negate all the laws which bind the Marvel Universe together??? Morrison is a pissant...a transient writer and not an important one at that. that he has been allowed this leeway to totally screw up major characters is outrageous...and Marvel, unless they FIX it right away, will suffer for it.
You cannot maintain a readership if you allow one writer to so destroy credibility in the Universe you are telling stories about that readers cannot stomach it...or suspend their disbelief.
this shit with the recent New X book is exactly what has happened. If it is not real, they gotta let the fans know before they leave en masse...cuz they WILL leave en masse.
I don't even want to buy the next three issues...and I may not. And yet, I have the morbid curiosity of someone passing a fatal car wreck who sees blood all over the ground and mangled bodies in the vehicle ...which is on fire! I am horrified and frightened...cuz I KNOW THOSE FOLKS!!! And I can't NOT look...
This is dreadful beyond words and I simply don't know what to do, here...except beg everyone who is sickened by 147 and 148 to bombard Marvelwith letters expressing their feelings.

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

The marvel continuity is a strange thing... but yeah, nowadays, nothing seem to really take place in the same universe.
Thor's Asgard is above Manhattan... Did this affect Magneto ??
Wolverine's second mutation must include a "Jamie Maddrox" power, 'cause he's just everywhere now...
And Spidey, too, seems to lead multiple lives.

It's true that not so long ago, during Inferno, the Secret Wars, and so on, everything seemed to be important. Now, it has changed. Is it a bad thing for all the titles to have their independance ?? I don't know...
But it's sure the X-titles, at least, would have to stay coherent.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue