Greetings and best wishes

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Tularis
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Tularis »

Greetings everyone. I just found the site and wanted to do several things (but I am having trouble registering. Thanks to the admins for the help.):

1. I am very glad to hear Mr. Cockrum is felling better. Please accept my best wishes on a speedy recovery.

2. I wanted to thank Mr. Cockrum from the bottom of my heart for the years of enjoyment he gave me reading X-men and the Legion. The Cockrum era X-men were and are my all time favorite. Thank you!

3. Thanks to the folks here keeping the site up.

and lastly:

I have recently decided to try and collect some of Mr. Cockrum's art (preferably signed). Can anyone tell me some good places to look? I am most interested in original art from his X-men work, expecially the stuff involving the Imperial Guard/Shi'ar/Star Jammers.

Thanks again to all. Glad to hear you are doing well. My thoughts and prayers go with you.

Sincerely
Bob
BH123
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BH123 »

Originally posted by Tularis
I have recently decided to try and collect some of Mr. Cockrum's art (preferably signed). Can anyone tell me some good places to look? I am most interested in original art from his X-men work, expecially the stuff involving the Imperial Guard/Shi'ar/Star Jammers.
Hey, Bob. There's a thread below where I was posting about the original art by Dave Cockrum that I've been fortunate enough to acquire. You should take a look.

Offhand, a good place to look for original art by Dave Cockrum is Ebay. Just be sure that what you are bidding on is actually an original, and not a print.

The stuff with the Starjammers or Imperial Guard might be on the expensive side. Perhaps any pages from the miniseries Dave drew in 1990 would be more affordable, though.

You should also look online from time to time at the sites of various comic art dealers to see if anything pops up. here's a good site to look for links to dealers...

http://www.comicartlinks.com/

Good luck with your search.
Tularis
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Tularis »

Thanks for the help! Good ideas! I love your gallery. I hope I can put something together like that one day.
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

Like BH123 says, eBay is your best bet. However--Marvel's artwork returns department has recently notified me that they've finally located the original artwork for the unpublished X-Men story I did, and also the unpublished New Mutants. Once I have them in hand, I'll have to decide what to do with them. Some pages might turn up for sale, who knows?

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Tularis
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Tularis »

Regardless, I sincerely appreciate your excellent work.

Thanks again and I look forward to getting a copy of the tribute soon!
BH123
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BH123 »

Bob, wanted to let you know that one of Dave Cockrum's pages from Soulsearchers & Company is on Ebay right now. Here is a link...

http://tinyurl.com/4p4uy

And this site has a couple of the pages from the Star Trek book Cockrum pencilled for Marvel way back when...

http://www.fanfare-se.com/Featured.asp?Piece=3596

If I see anything else online, I will let you know. Once again, good luck with your search.
Tularis
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Tularis »

Thanks, I appreciate it! I will take a look at those pieces.