Non-Nightcrawler, Legion-related Q for Dave

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
czeskleba
Lubber
Lubber

Post by czeskleba »

So, I'm new to this forum. I hope it's okay to ask OT (ie, non Nightcrawler-related) questions. If it's not, I apologize in advance and will never do it again, honest...

Anyway, my Legion question for Dave is:
Why did you design a new costume for Karate Kid, but only use it once and then revert to the old costume?

Thanks...
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Post by Paty »

:mags
Ha! If the only thing we could talk about was Nighty, I would be in deep doggie doo doo...LOL... In cockrum Corner, kiddo, any question is fair game... especially if it deals with dave's work...at Marvel as well as DC!

If you look at some of the threads here, you will see the wild diversity of stuff we talk about! Ask away... dave will probably answer this one when he gets up, later this morning...

Paty
:mags
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Indigo
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Indigo »

:bamf

I think I know Dave's answer, but I'd like to see what he says to this too.

BTW, Dave we miss you over at Legion World. Drop back by when you have some free time. :)

That Karate Kid costume is my all-time favorite.
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

I designed that new costume, and frankly, I liked it. But Len Wein, a good buddy whose opinion I valued, was of the opinion that a serious martial artist wouldn't wear a high collar like that, it would restrict his rear vision. I felt he had a valid point, so I went back to the original costume while I reconsidered things. As it turned out, I never went back to the new design--though later artists did use it.

That wasn't the only change--I found my first design for Colossal Boy to be very disappointing when I saw it in print, so I went to the more Goliath-like version with the red flared shoulders. I liked that much better.

Re Legion World--when my old computer blew its brains out, I lost all my favorites and bookmarks. I'm still re-establishing them. I'll try to look in once in a while.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny