Dark Bamf is the Master Creator?

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Gee, Mister Cockrum, sir! I bow and do obeisance(or am I being redundant??). How does one get published, SIR?? Oh, bow! Oh, grovel! Oh, genuflect and prostrate oneself! (I have a thesaurus, can't you tell??) Long live Nightcrawler!! :pokejoke

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

One has to not only have a lot of talent, but also a lot of luck, and also kiss the requisite tuchuses. :LOL

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by StarChild »

Thank you, oh great and wise Master Cockrum! Creator of all that is good and 'portable in this lowly realm! How may I best serve, aid, and/or slobber on your shoes to prove my worthiness to enter the exalted realm of comicdom? :worship (Should I stop now or what? I can kiss tuchus with the best of 'em! :naughty )

May I ask your indulgence in reading my tiny excerpt of a tale :blush in Fuzzy Visions in the I have a dream topic? It is only an excerpt of a work in progress, but I have...seriously... :coy always wanted to get published. Thank you for your time, and your many kindnesses in sharing yourself, your imagination, and your creativity with all of us.

(I'm a good kid, REALLY!! :poke)

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Dark Bamf »

I'm afraid it's been years since mine was any kind of influential tuchus. Sorry. :(

--Atilla's Hunny
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by StarChild »

That's okay...:love...you still adored anyhow! Bow! Grovel! :worship Just because your the Dark Bamf you are! I feel privileged just to exchange words with the Creator of one of my favorite comic book legends!

I just have to get into the chain o'command and find the appropriate tuchuses!!!:D

I have always loved the dynamics of Kurt's character! The idea of a God-fearing, demonic looking individual who is always judged by his appearance instead of his heart! I guess one of my favorite Nightcrawler moments, and I am not too sure which issue of the X-Men it is, but Ororo was on fire, and Kurt selflessly grabbed her and teleported her to water in order to save her life. That is the dynamic I am talking about. Someone who has a fearful exterior and yet has a tender heart.

Thanks for your time and talent, Mr. Cockrum, SIR!! :halo

Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Dark Bamf »

Frankly, the religious part of Kurt was not part of my original creation. In fact, I protested strenuously against it. It was added later, by writer Chris Claremont, after I left the series the second time.

--Atilla's Hunny
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, in all honestly, I rather liked the developments Claremont added to a lot of characters, and Paty and I already discussed this. Adding a religious dimension to a couple characters really opened up more possibilities for the audience to identify with them, I think. (I agree with her on every reason to like the way Claremont's developed that side of Magneto, for instance.) Nightcrawler was already an awesome character to begin with. (And I think you deserve another hefty serving of gratitude for that.) But in my opinion, making him Catholic (even if that wasn't always handled well) was the icing on the cake.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by StarChild »

I agree with Angelique in that it added an interesting paradoxical side to the character in that you were wondering just how much he needed to reconcile in himself the idea of good and evil. Claremont added a psychological/spiritual twist that could open the door to a lot more dynamic story telling.

What had you envisioned, Mr. Cockrum? A strictly supernatural/demonic type of character? I know the giant-sized X-Men where Nightcrawler first appeared, he was howling more like an animal when he was fighting against the Winzeldorf villagers before Xavier rescued him. Kurt is a moral byplay as to how we react to the outward differences of our fellow man.:wave

Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Dark Bamf »

My nightcrawler had a very strong sense of right and wrong, but he had no particular religious sense. This is because I myself have have no eligeousreligious feeling, but I have an easily outraged sense of injustice. He fancied himself an adventurer and a romancer and he definitely loved the ladies. This also echoes oyher attitudes of mine.

--Atilla's Hunny
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

And I wasn't really as interested in the seeming "paradox" about Kurt's religious affiliation. Physical appearance in and of itself is neither good nor evil, so with regard to how Kurt looks, there's nothing to reconcile.
What grabbed me was something probably no less superficial, the feeling that at last I had something really important in common with one of my favorite X-Men. (And considering that in my day-to-day existence, yes, even in these United States, I find religious discrimination to be still all too common, something as trivial as the religious affiliation of a beloved comic book character, or even that said character has any specific religious affiliation at all, can mean a lot to me.)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by StarChild »

Ach, JA! "Loved the ladies"...swashbucklers! We love 'em! Gotta' get to work! Much affection, oh Great Dark Bamf!!

P.S.- Wasn't it Shooter in the letters page who would always type" CLAREMONT!!!" whenever Chris did those wonderful mistakes in relaying facts? He was a problem child, wasn't he?:rolleyes

May I ask what you are doing now in your free time, oh Great Dark Bamf??:worship