What do you want to RP?

It's a wide, wide world, so check in to see what's going on and maybe to create some of your own Scrawlerearth history.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

What do you want to RP?

Post by fourpawsonthefloor » Mon May 08, 2006 9:22 pm

Nacht and I had a discussion about this, and we definately want people's feedback on what they would like to see done in an RP. It won't be a guarentee that we'll do it - but we will do our best to accomidate everyone.

When thinking about what you would like to do, also take into consideration what you would like to do with your character...if there is a particular thing we can do to facilitate some more character development for you then please feel free to U2U us.

So this is the perfect place to make some suggestions and do some brainstorming. Bring us your ideas!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.

idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

What do you want to RP?

Post by idsunki » Tue May 09, 2006 1:44 am

Good idea. What about a parents' night? Would that be too complicated, maybe? I don't know the logistics of how that would work, but maybe just have one or two sets of parents visit at once?
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

What do you want to RP?

Post by Crocodile Hunter » Tue May 09, 2006 8:38 am

How many of the characters in rp have parents?

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

What do you want to RP?

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Tue May 09, 2006 11:58 am

TJ does...Raven, Doug I think...Emma, Wanda, Jamie...

Alot of us do...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€

chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

What do you want to RP?

Post by chicory » Tue May 09, 2006 10:15 pm

Aww, poor Piotr :(

Wanda's parents would show I think...

Umm - rp ideas - it might be nice if they got the chance to work with their powers - or as a team. (Unless it really is a college and not just pretending to be one :shifty as may be the case)

I like continuity - so I like the idea of having ongoing conflicts (outside of the school) :bamf
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

What do you want to RP?

Post by Confizzle » Wed May 10, 2006 2:30 am

Halloween Party.....a masked party or whatnot, and a trip to go skiing for Chirstmas etc...

idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

What do you want to RP?

Post by idsunki » Wed May 10, 2006 2:51 am

I am all about a Halloween party. Though in the grand tradition of crazy stuff happening to Nightcrawler, are any of the characters' birthdays coming up?

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

What do you want to RP?

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Wed May 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Actually.....I think Remy's bday is in October...right??

*where Myspace rp comes in handy*

Actually.....character bdays we know:

Remy: 10/2
TJ: 6/21
Piotr: 12/29
Jamie: 6/16

Yeah....we're dorks...

[Edited on 10/5/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

What do you want to RP?

Post by Crocodile Hunter » Fri May 12, 2006 10:20 am

Alkuperäinen postittaja chicory
Aww, poor Piotr :(

Wanda's parents would show I think...

Umm - rp ideas - it might be nice if they got the chance to work with their powers - or as a team. (Unless it really is a college and not just pretending to be one :shifty as may be the case)

I like continuity - so I like the idea of having ongoing conflicts (outside of the school) :bamf
More like, Aww, poor Piotr, Remy and Warren

idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

What do you want to RP?

Post by idsunki » Mon May 15, 2006 12:15 am

Did we want to bring Spider-Man into this? I don't know how it would best be done, perhaps there are stories in New York of the vigilante, and the students think it's a good idea to track him down either because they believe he's a menace (Daily Bugle, anyone?) or because of any other number of reasons.

Or... would he work better as an NPC? Perhaps a close friend of Charles or Kurt, figuring a slightly older Spider-Man? Or do we want to keep this X-Men only, no such person as Peter Parker?

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

What do you want to RP?

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Mon May 15, 2006 12:25 am

Ummm..hmm

I am not against other Marvel characters....or even non marvel characters showing up (hello, Spider Jerusalem?)...though, the students can only be mutants...

Hmmm..how to bring Spiderman in?? I dunno....I'm on the fence about the "menace in NYC"....and also, Spiderman in our RP doesnt have to be a good guy...he can be anything really....hmm...

I'd say..tell us your idea....and lets talk about it!

idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

What do you want to RP?

Post by idsunki » Mon May 15, 2006 4:20 am

The reason I bring up Spider-Man isn't just because he's a super hero in New York. The last time I did something like this I 'played' a teenage Spider-Man who was one of Magneto's Acolytes (but still a nice kid). I just remembered how much fun he was to play earlier today and wondered how he might fit into this game. Here's a few options off the top of my head:

Peter Parker teenage era - He's gotten his powers pretty recently and reports are just hitting the 'net/papers. Most of the press makes him out to be a costumed vigilante at best, a thug and a menace at worst. The kids at the mansion get curious and try to find him - not for any fighting or anything, but to see if maybe he's a mutant or what. Could make for a good instance featuring only a few people. He could then become an NPC or a character if someone new wanted to grab him.

Peter Parker experienced hero era - He's been around for years, possibly even married to MJ. Standard Marvel continuity, except instead of a lot of team ups with Wolverine (although maybe a few still happened, just a little differently...), there were a lot with Nightcrawler and the two grew to be friends. He could either be a guest speaker like Spider was or even sign on the staff to help teach as a favor to his old friend. At that point, someone could jump in as Mayday Parker (aka Spider-Girl) if they wanted.

And like you said, there's a whole lot of other options we could go with. There is always the option not to use him, as well.

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

What do you want to RP?

Post by Confizzle » Fri May 19, 2006 12:49 am

I'd like to be Reverand William Stryker, maybe he can have a talk with Kurt since Kurt is a priest, and it can go from there, cause I have an idea from Stryker.

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

What do you want to RP?

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Fri May 19, 2006 1:04 am

Well, give us an idea of where you wanna go, Fizz ;)

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

What do you want to RP?

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Sun May 21, 2006 11:27 pm

*double post MADNESS*

Ok, anyway. Paws and I are LOVING the ideas, btw and have/are totally including them in upcoming RPs. Though, there's one thing I def wanna bring up...

While we TOTALLY want to know what kind of situations/adventures you want all the kids to have/endure, the priority of this thread is to find out the needs of your character specifically. What do you need/can we do in a game to help you reveal something, or is there something you'd like your character to experience to further their development, etc?? Like...anything you want to happen to your character, we absolutely want to enable...

Example: I wanted TJ to have a run in with mutant haters, to kinda pull her head out of her ass and have her realise, wow, the world isnt so rose scented. That was, in part, one reason we did the NYC rp (obvs we also did it because...mutant madness in NYC!). We want to know what YOU guys want to happen to YOUR characters, so we can help make it happen...

If you don't want to tell everyone, like, want it to be a surprise whathaveyou, thats fine. U2U Paws or myself with what you'd like to happen/need in order to play out your idea.

We just want to make sure that everyone is getting out of this game what they want, but we also want to keep all of this rather organised, and keep to our own continuity. Which, btw, we are doing frelling BRILLIANT job of. Honestly, I don't think we could possibly have a more talented group of players in any RP!!

So, let us know!!!

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

What do you want to RP?

Post by JSherlock » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:08 am

I just thought of this driving from my friend's house (after burning all three cakes): I want to do a Scent of a Woman episode where Scott (blind) gets behind the wheel of a stolen or rented car, and with the help of someone(s) goes for a drive.

[Edited on 4/6/06 by JSherlock]
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

What do you want to RP?

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:13 am

LOL! I bet we can work that in somewhere!! Anyone wanna be his partner in crime??? It'd be a great instance!

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What do you want to RP?

Post by JSherlock » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:10 am

I also think that at some point, Scott needs to be able to see again. I was going to have it so that the brother (who isn't fleshed out other than here) is a scientist/geologist and sends Scott rocks and things to see what would bounce the energy w/o blasting himself or others.

Any other ideas are welcome, but I'd like them to be plausible. Not *poof* he can see with amazing glasses from thin air.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

What do you want to RP?

Post by fourpawsonthefloor » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:29 am

I think that would be a HILARIOUS instance to do JS...but what I would suggest is waiting one more instance/RP to see who scott gravitates too/buddies up with. That may give you a better lead into "lets steal a car and drive blind!"

Love the idea!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What do you want to RP?

Post by JSherlock » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:37 am

Yeah I was thinking at some point in the future, this would be fun. Instead of getting drunk at Vito's or because of doing that...

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What do you want to RP?

Post by JSherlock » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:04 pm

I'm putting this here rather than interaction request, since I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this, whether or not I want it to be JUST Scott musing over his feelings, or an instance.

But basically, I want Chris to send Scott all of his old tennis equipment, and Scott kinda breaks down, since he comes to a certain realization.

EDIT: I was leaning towards a fic too, Nacht. But just thought I'd post this idea.

[Edited on 24/6/06 by JSherlock]

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

What do you want to RP?

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:35 pm

That might work out really well as a fic. Though, it could go as a one on one instance as well

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What do you want to RP?

Post by JSherlock » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:10 pm

Paintball! They all go out for a camping trip or something like that and try to get each other as much as possible with paintballs!

Teams/pairs would be fun.

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What do you want to RP?

Post by JSherlock » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:05 pm

Guys' night. 'Nuff said.

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

What do you want to RP?

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:11 pm

Well, lets get the guys night going!

Ok, I wanna be a bit more specific. If you guys have any ideas for big plots, anything from canon you think will be interesting, or anything at all (keeping in mind the game rules) let us know!! We want this to be your RP as much as ours and with our first big arc with "villians", we wanna see what else you want to see. U2U to me and paws if you want to keep it secret or whathaveyou.