In Today's News - The Wider Mutant World

It's a wide, wide world, so check in to see what's going on and maybe to create some of your own Scrawlerearth history.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:54 pm

Mutants are a growing presence in our world, and to make that more obvious we've started this thread. Every now and then we'll post news stories about mutants, or things that'll effect the mutant population as they happen within game time, so please feel free in instances and games to reference these if you so wish.

Also, if you have any idea for a news story, please by all means sent a u2u to the staff with your ideas and we will see if we can work something out.

Thanks

- The Staff
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Tuesday, 13th of November, all national news stations.

Reports are flying in from Boston, Massachusetts of a most unusual ‘mutant crime’. It would seem that armed police were called to the North End after reports of explosions and encountered a scene of carnage, seemingly at the hands of an unknown mutant individual. After a stand-off with police there was what witnesses described as ‘some kind of blast wave’ emanating from the mutant, closely followed by what has been described as a ‘wave of molasses’ between eight and ten feet high and reaching speeds of approximately 35 miles per hour, severely damaging the surrounding properties and killing two police officers, five more are said to be in a critical but stable condition in hospital.

The mutant is described to be about five foot seven with glowing blue skin and yellow eyes and vanished after the explosion. Police cannot confirm it's identity or powers so the public are warned to maintain a safe distance if sighted and to notify relevant authorities. Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to approach.

This seems to be a macabre re-imagining of the accident on January 15th, 1919, when a tank of molasses burst in the same area, killing 21 and injuring 150.

Police are unsure as to the motive behind this, and inquiries are still continuing.

[Edited on 3/8/2010 by puppygirl]

"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 pm

Tuesday, November 27th, U.S. Geological Survey News

Reports of a new landmass off the southern coast of Alaska have geologists stunned. The island, said to be about half a kilometre by a kilometer in size was reported by the fishing trawler The Krakoa approximatly ten hours ago, where, according to the crew it appeared on their radar 'as if by magic'. If the fact that a new island has been discovered in very well chartered waters when there have been no reports of seismic activity wasn't unusual enough,it has been reported that the island itself has a tropical sub-climate similar to that of the pacific. A team has been dispatched to the area to investigate.

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:19 pm

December 5th, Washington, DC:

What was a peaceful rally in D.C. today descended into complete anarchy after mutants - ironically enough, there to protest that they weren't monsters - attacked the pro-human side.

In what eye-witnesses are describing as an 'unprovoked attack', a mutant with wings threw a bottle at one of the speakers for the opposition, knocking him out and encouraging other non-humans to follow his example.

The speaker in question was God TV's own Reverend John Jameson, outspoken opposer to mutant rights from Georgia. Sources say he had a son and a daughter, both mutants, and speculation has marked a link between the son that assaulted him live on air several years ago and the man who threw the bottle today, a nearby witness claiming he'd heard him say it was 'personal'.

Whatever the motivation, it has resulted in several people in a critical but stable condition as what should have been peaceful protests became the very things the pro-humans claimed the non-humans were capable of - scenes of unrest, violence and hysteria.

The mutant has been arrested, and Rev. Jameson is said to be recovering well, though he has declined to comment.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:19 pm

December 7th, Washington D.C.

It seems mutants are never far from the news these days. A peaceful rally turning into a riot on Wednesday, December 5th has once again made the news. Sources have confirmed that the man arrested for inciting racial hatred and causing a disturbance is none other than the Reverend Jameson's son, one Joshua Jameson.

Joshua has a history of assault against his father, evidence suggests. Several years ago, he assaulted the Reverend in front of a live audience, breaking his nose and forcing him to retire for a month as he dealt with the emotional and physical backlash.

Little is known as to why he felt it nesseccary to assault him again, turning Wednesday's rally into a riot, though it is stated that he was heard to claim it was 'personal'. No other reason was given.

The charges were mysteriously dropped last night. Reverend Jameson's staff declined to comment, merely stating that he 'was in good health and good spirits'.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple

Post by Esynthia » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:06 pm

December 9th, 2012

Sources have stated today that there has been a sighting on the ‘living island’, now dubbed Krakoa after the fishing boat that found it, of what appears to be the same mutant that caused the repeat of the Boston Molasses Disaster nearly a month ago. There is no confirmation, however, the sources, who wish to remain anonymous, have seen the mutant at various times of day and it seems as if he’s altering the appearance of the island, giving it it’s ‘living’ state. There will be further investigations once authorities can determine the safest way to approach the island and the mutant itself.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:39 am

December 21st, 2012 Queensland, Australia

A recent series of alarming attacks on livestock have increased along the border of the Outback and Central of Queensland, Australia.

The terrifying attacks have left cattle, dingoes, pigs, and the occasional wild boar torn to shreds, and partially eaten. Of the dozens of attacks, there have only been 4 on the Australian people, the first during an Independence Day Party held by some youth in Clermont, and the most recent being a late-night ranger and patrol man. The officer was merely injured, as were all the recipients of these brutal attacks, but all have the same strange story.

"It was like a dragon, er something." Officer Clary stated. "It was huge! Green! It tore the roof off my jeep and began to claw at me! I dunno how I got away, I shot my gun off a few times at it, it dodges the shots--I think-- and then it just scurried off into the dark! Thing was huge! Like a giant Komo, I tell ya!"

There have been no reports of missing lizards, snakes, or other large reptilian creatures from any zoos or homes, so the source of these sudden attacks is completely unknown.

"Bizarre". is how Deputy Jensen MacGruber describes it. "Absolutely bizarre. We don't know where the hell this thing came from, or what it's doing. For awhile we thought it was a person, some sociopath, but then it was clear there was a territory thing. Now sure there could be some nutjob, bucko out there thinkin' he owns the Outback/Central line--but we've had Animal Patrol an' other sciency folks come in, an' no one can tell us what the hell could leave claw marks like that. Not a knife that much was clear."

Various reports and sightings have come into stations all over Queensland, all relaying similar information.

Authorities have requested that people be careful in the dusk to early morning hours, and to only report any sightings. Further pursuit of this creature could be dangerous and only for professionals.
Various groups of vigilantes, poachers, and some local hunters out to protect their communities, have begun a search for this creature, in hopes of catching it. Some with intentions for the price that has been placed on its head from various research facilities (one coming from the United States science corporation, "Massive Dynamic").

Be sure to keep updated on any/all sightings or reports.
Until this creature is caught however, it seems the mystery and horror will continue.

[Edited on 8/9/10 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:46 am

Karl’s Corner
Too Much Airport Security?

As some of my loyal readers may know, I’ve been on holiday for a couple of weeks, during which I had the privilege to make a whole bunch of new friends, mostly airport security and customs officers.

I know all of you were dying to read my delightful and humorous adventures as a photo-snapping, loud-talking, over-sweaty, colourful tourist in America, but I decided before I get to that, let me slow down and tell you more about my adventures in Airport Land.

It all started the day I was leaving with my wife to New York. I was packed, she was packed, I wore a tourist shirt, she wore a tourist shirt, I got stopped at the security gate when the metal detector went off and she got stopped because I got stopped.

Now before I go further, you have to realize that my wife takes very much pride in her packing skills. Don’t get me wrong, I can pack like the dickens, but she turned it into a life skill. It’s like watching a pro-Tetris player do what she does best. And the second the suitcase closes, then that is final, it was the last piece of clothing going in, and nothing’s coming out. She would give one last sigh of relief, and you could almost hear the high score music playing in the background.

Imagine her utter distraught when security even hinted at us having to open our luggage. Miles away, some animals on a small farm would look up and bleat and step in circles, just feeling the tension on the wind blowing in from the direction of Jozi Airport.

And after the suitcase was opened and the clothes were strewn around, they finally found the dangerous weapon I had hidden, which turned out to be a compact hair dryer. Not mine though, my wife’s.

Thus the great packing started once more, this time with adult orientated audio commentary from my dear innocent spouse’s lips. And again, through the security gates, and again, something beeped. This time it was my wife’s turn to unpack her luggage.

The suitcase was opened, the magic wand was waved over the perfectly packed clothes, and a beep was bleeped as it hovered above a lovely shirt with purple leaves printed on it. It was fortunately not the purple leaved shirt’s fault though, it was an innocent garment standing in between the wand of justice and a weapon of mass attraction.

A pair of tweezers was the culprit, and seeing that they had what seemed a sharp edge at the end, they had to be confiscated. And with sharp edge, I mean completely blunt edge that couldn’t even stab pudding to death.

You’re probably wondering, Karl, are you going to end this story with a point? And I’m going to answer yes. For you see, right after our turn at the security merry-go-round, it was another guy’s turn. And what mischievous weapon of mayhem was he carrying in his bag you may ask? Nothing.

The poor guy didn’t even make it to the gate. He was simply stopped and told he couldn’t board the plane. Was he a terrorist? No he was not. Was he a wanted criminal? Wrong again. But Karl, why was he stopped and turned away? He was a mutant.

And before we start the whole mutant debate once more (read Oct. 2011) let me describe this fellow. Average height, average build, and seemed very friendly from what I could make out. But was he turned away just because he was a mutant? Probably. But the fact that he had sharp needles growing out of him like a hedgehog didn’t help much either.

So during my holiday, between eating things I don’t recognize and taking photos of things I can’t afford to buy, I asked around and did a little bit of research on this. According to statistics, 76% of mutants aren’t allowed to board airplanes, and unfortunately most of them that can’t board are those that are visibly different.

Got a third eye? Skin a shade of green? Have a giant horn growing out of your forehead? You’ll have to reconsider your travel plans. The chance of letting you on board an airplane is less than my wife’s chance of bringing a pair of tweezers along.

- Karl Kenridge

[Edited on 24/9/2010 by steyn]

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Great writing, steyn. Loved it.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:29 pm

*new :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Me? Typo? Never! :shifty

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Wednesday, January 22, 2014
New York City

The epidemic that has plagued New York since November has been ended. The illness started with flu-like symptoms and then progressed to becoming covered in a black, gooey substance. Due to the number of infected, the city was evacuated and closed off to prevent the unknown sickness from spreading.

All the victims of the disease gathered in Central Park earlier today, forming a massive, tentacled monster. However, they weren't the only ones. A group of mutants, who are calling themselves the "X-men", also showed up but with a cure.

The mutants fired the cure at the behemoth and proceeded to save the cured, moving them to safety some distance away, by utilizing their unique abilities.

F.E.M.A finally showed up, only to be taken aback by the issue at hand. The red, spiky mutant known as Penance went ahead and did their job for them, using the organization's riot trucks to spray the creature with a focused, high-powered blast of water. Eventually, the agents caught on and joined her attack, drowning the monster.

The mutants were vague when it came to answering questions about themselves and where they were from after the beast had been stopped and the cured helped to the proper officials. Cyclops, leader of the group, stated, "Yes, we're mutants but not connected to the perpetrators of this or any other attack. We don't work for the government. We're here to bring the word of peace and goodwill. And, er, save New York."

Thanks to the X-men, a clean up of New York has been started and people will be able to return to the city.

Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:37 pm

X-men Sighted In Queens

ImageImageImageImageImage 367 Votes

Before the battle in Central Park that the city cannot stop talking about it seems that the apparently growing mutant group known as the X-men was sited.

Mere hours before, a man and a woman wearing X-men uniforms were seen near the Northern Boulevard subway station in an altercation with the infected as they were rescuing what appears to have been a box of kittens.

Speculation has all ready started, considering their location, on rather or not the X-men could be based in Queens. No matter where they are in the city, these mutant heroes are changing the mind of so many in the city. Mutant pride and support has never been higher in the city or the country but whether or not any of this good will ever cancel out the bad inflicted by those responsible for the infection of New York and the attack on the White House remains to be seen.

#lolmutants #xmen #kittens!

67 Comments
Leave a Comment

LoLrus:
January 25th 2014
Dat wuz lubblee!

Brainznom:
January 25th 2014

---LoLrus:
January 25th 2014
Batzman sux, dude

----Brainznom:
January 25th 2014
Longmutant squezs ur snstiv bitz!

Mootantzeberyweer:
January 25th 2014

Slinkies:
January 25th 2014

--Mootantzeberyweer:
January 25th 2014
Et maeks waaafez!

Inermiendzies:
January 25th 2014

--Brainznom:
January 25th 2014
ttly let em holdz mah tings

wotduzcyferpwer:
January 25th 2014

--cyksnrthstr4eva:
January 25th 2014
guzz wuts in mah pntz

----Teampenanec:
January 25th 2014
* shrugz *

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Screwball's First Broadcast

Post by puppygirl » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Posted on youtube, Friday, January 24th. Reached over 10,000 hits in just under 24 hours.

((After a brightly coloured animated intro sequence an athletic young woman wearing a vest emblazoned with 'Team Venom' appears on screen, she appears to be standing in a college dorm room.))

Yo! What's up guys? Welcome to the first episode of Screwball's Mutant Watch! I'm your host, Screwball!

So, if you don't know about all that crazy shit goin' on in New York DUDE! What rock did you just crawl out from under?

Probably the same rock that these ugly sonbitches just did.

((A clip appears of a roaring, infected monster lunging for the camera before cutting back.))

Before I was evac'd outta NY I set up these cameras, now most of them just gave me really shitty footage, but on the day that what has been dubbed by the media the 'Behemoth' struck, I struck gold! Watch this!

((The video cuts to a dimly lit subway, obviously using an infra-red setting on the camera. Screwball can be heard narrating what's going on in the footage.))

Will you look at this fuckery? That's a monster setting up a box of freakin' kittens as some sorta bait or something? Just inside the subway station on 36th Street. And if you check the date and time, this is mere hours from when the behemoth formed. I don't wanna even think about how they got those kittens or what they were gonna do if nothing turned up for them to OMNOMNOM but luckily for all, something did.

If I switch to the street level camera footage ...

((Cut to a camera set at street level, pointing towards the subway. Something moves in the top right-hand corner of the screen and the camera twitches to follow what is revealed to be a flying figure being trailed by a bright yellow after burn. Screwball continues to narrate.))

Wooooooah! Would you look at that guy go! If I freeze and zoom you can see he's carrying someone, and check OUT those uniforms! Either there's two groups of pleather clad super-powered crusaders zipping around NYC or we've got another couple of X-Men here, I'm guessing they must be out on patrol.

Right after this they land on top of that building for a while but then I'm guessing they decide to check out the ground level 'cos ... here we go.

They're too far away for us to pick up what they're saying, but I gotta say, they're a pair of hotties right?

((The camera zooms in as far as possible on Darren and Selene.))

Even if he wasn't a mutant the dude looks like he could punt cars, and she's totally rocking vampire chic there ... they must have some sensory powers 'cos ... look! There, they're heading right below ground time to swap camera views.

((Cut to the subway camera again. The footage is without sound at the moment.))

Right ... see how we're in infra-red right now? Waaaaaait for it ...

((At the entrance to the stairs Darren can be seen shifting to his techno-organic form. Screwball continues to narrate over the footage.))

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Did you see THAT!? The guy has like ... disco lights in his skin! I had to fuck with the setting some so we could see what was going on and we ended up with this.

He is so TOTALLY Tron! And look! He's holding hands with the girl, they must be an item as well? Mutant love while on patrol hunting monsters! How adorable is that!?

We've got some dialogue here, but since they guys didn't know they were being filmed they used their real names, so to protect their privacy I've bleeped them out. Let's watch this from the beginning, with sound.

((Cut back to the beginning of the subway clip, this time with sound and subtitled dialogue.))

((Off camera))
Tron Man: "-figured all the zomboids would have eaten them? Let's go check it out,"

Vamp Chick: "Which again goes to show that even the most terrible catastrophes have at least some good to it, I bet New York has never been that pest free."

Tron Man "There's still the flying rats, I don't think even a direct nuclear strike would get rid of them,"

They appear at the bottom of the stairs. Tron Man seems to point towards the kitten-bait box.

Tron Man: "Think that's what you were picking up?"

Vamp Chick: "Oh no, it would only give them additional heads, Yes, that has to be the source. Wanna prod it with a ten-foot-pole?"

Tron Man: "Pffft, I'm more than badass enough to deal with a box of angry rats,"
((Tron Man saunters over to the box and taps it, getting a squeak in return)
Tron Man: "That doesn't sound like rats ..."

((Vamp Chick approaches box and opens the lid))
Vamp Chick: ""It sounds... frighteningly cute, in fact.""

Tron Man: "..... Awwwwwww!Awwww, you poor little guys, where's your mom huh?"

((Cut back to Screwball in her dorm.))

Seriously, who doesn't love kittens? Though I hope you guys haven't forgotten that this is a FREAKIN' TRAP!?

((Cut to subway footage, without sound as Screwball narrates)

Watch this, if I slooooooow the footage down you can see that black stuff creeping across the floor towards them? It's the monsters! And if you watch carefully, you gotta squint a bit, you can see one is moving up behind them and the other is looking to block off their escape route.

Now if these were just flat line humans, they'd be in deep shiz, luckily they ain't. Now this, this is the good part, when they realise what's going on? Shit goes down! Any commentary I could make would just distract from the sheer awesomeness of this. So I'm just gonna give you guys the raw footage, with subtitles, so you can see these two X-Men action.

((Darren and Selene's fight with the two infected plays, with the dialogue in subtitles, their names blipped out and replaced with Tron Man and Vamp Chick. The footage plays till they escape the subway with the kittens.))

((Cut back to Screwball))

Right, there's a few things I'd like to say about what we've seen. Firstly, yay! They got away with the kittens and if I cut to the outside camera-

((Le cut))

You can see, there they are, with the kittens, how freakin' awesome is that? Right, second I'm gonna point out, totally badass powers here! Did you see that freakin' blade arm? I'm thinking Tron Man is a shapeshifter with energy projection powers and Vamp, well she's gotta be telekinetic right? Pretty damn resourceful of her to get him to blast the floor to provide ammunition. Finally I like the fact that they seemed to determined to use non-lethal force here, I mean, you couldn't really blame them if they had used lethal force, 'cos those things were freakin' trying to kill them! But these two musta figured that the cure was coming, and if we cut back to underground-

((Cut))

You can see both inky masses are a bit worse for wear, but alive.

((Cut back to Screwball))

So to wrap this up, I give these pair and this demonstration of powers five out of five X-chromosomes for this footage, and if you're watching this guys, get in contact so I can use your real super-hero aliases! And let us know how the kittens are doing too!

Right, well we're all wrapped up for this week, this is Screwball, signin' out!

((Equally brightly coloured animated ending sequence and credits.))

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:41 pm

Eddie's Reaction

Some time after the 'Venom Crisis'...

-

Eddie stretched and yawned as his 'Chrome page lit up on his laptop. Like every day he opened his Myspace and a Youtube tab. As he waited for his login to load, Eddie's eyes fell on the viral video on the day's 'Most Viewed' list. 'Screwball', eh? He clicked the box and watched the home-made 'bulletin'.

-

A few moments later, Eddie scrolled back to the begining of the video and paused it on '0:32'. There, on the screen, the words 'Team Venom'.

"...I have a fucking fan club!?"

Oh, it was good to be king...
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Achievements: ImageImageImage

Caryin
Lubber
Lubber
Nightscrawlearth Character: Jubilation Lee

Post by Caryin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:06 am

I'm not sure if this one is supposed go here, but here it comes. Thing is pretty much always mutant-sightings seem to be in USA or some other English-speaking country. Why not somewhere else complitely?
I refuse to grow up!!!

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:15 am

This actually doesn't belong here, but we have in fact had X-trips/events in South America, France, Russia, and other places in the world. The "sightings" were relevant to an event that was going on within game.

I actually thought that thread should actually be closed, so I'm just gonna go ahead and do that now. Good to see you back though Caryin, hope to see you pop in again for game as Jubes! ;)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: In Today's News - The Wider Mutant World

Post by Slarti » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:45 am

Missing Shaw Industries Head Located in Westchester County

By Kat Farrel
The Daily Bugle

The disappearance of a New York executive has taken an even more mysterious turn with the discovery of his corpse north of the five boroughs.

Allegedly, the dismembered remains of Sebastian H. Shaw, 33, were discovered in Westchester County April 11 at an undisclosed location. Westchester County police are being uncharacteristically close-mouthed about the particulars of the crime.

Shaw, who has been missing since April 9, was the founder and CEO of Shaw Industries, Inc., a weapons manufacturing company with ties to the highest levels of the federal government. Shaw Industries holds security contracts with the Pentagon and the Canadian government. Long rumored to be a mutant, Shaw also has ties to the Hellfire Club, a secretive social club said by some to be highly influential in political circles.

Administration of Shaw Industries has been turned over to its board of directors, with an announcement of future plans pending. No information on funeral arrangements for Shaw has been released.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Pierce-Consolidated Mining CEO Dies in Apparent Suicide

By Kat Farrel
The Daily Bugle

The body of a second New York area businessman has been discovered in as many weeks.

Donald Pierce, 82, was discovered dead in his New York home April 16 by his wife of 30 years, Carol Ann. According to NYPD Detective Misty Knight, Pierce died of a single self-inflicted stab wound to the chest, possibly as part of a ritual suicide.

Knight refused comment on whether police believed the suicide was connected to Pierce's recent arrest in connection with the “New York Cannibal Murders.” Pierce was out on a $250,000 cash-only bond, secured by his corporate interests.

Pierce was the CEO and principal shareholder of Pierce-Consolidated Mining, based in Charleston, W.V., with its main operational headquarters and mining and laboratory complex located in Cameron, Ky.

Like Shaw Industries CEO Sebastian Shaw, whose body was discovered on the grounds of a private university in Westchester County on April 11, Pierce was also a member of the Hellfire Club, a secretive social club said by some to be highly influential in political circles.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Corpse Associated with Cannibal Murders Missing from City Morgue

By Kat Farrel
The Daily Bugle

The body of a 16-year-old girl – reportedly a recent victim in the New York Cannibal Murders – is missing from the city morgue.

On April 12, New York police received an emergency call from the NYU School of Medicine from assistant medical examiner Michael Koontz, who remains hospitalized in stable condition. Upon arrival at the scene, police reported finding Koontz hiding after suffering an assault from unknown assailants in the morgue's cooling room.

According to the police report, though the exterior of the building showed no signs of forced entry, the cooling room sustained heavy damage to the doors during the theft. Only the16-year-old's remains were removed from the morgue, though other remains were in residence at the time. Since, all remains have been removed to a backup location.

Koontz was able to give police a verbal statement, though his observations raise more questions in this already bizarre crime. In the report, Koontz was adamant that the damage was inflicted from inside the cooling room and that no other people were present with him in the basement forensics lab.

“The darkness came alive,” Koontz said in the statement. “Eyes in the dark... like violet fire.”

The identity of the minor victim is being withheld pending family notification, though police have confirmed the victim was a mutant.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Nightclub Owner Found Dead

By Kat Farrel
The Daily Bugle

The saga of the New York Cannibal Murders has taken an increasingly bizarre twist with the mysterious death of yet another New York business owner.

Paris Seville, 67, owner of the popular West Village nightclub Limelight was found dead in her place of business April 16. Police have preliminarily ruled the death a suicide, yet according to police reports Seville's corpse was found displayed in an almost ritualistic manner on an altar in the Episcopal church turned nightclub. Cause of death was announced as a single stab wound to the chest.

Seville's death marks the third in recent weeks among the New York business community. The bodies of Sebastian Shaw, 33, and Donald Pierce, 82, CEOs of Shaw Industries and Pierce-Consolidated Mining, respectively, were both found murdered. Reportedly, Shaw's corpse had been dismembered, leading credence to long-standing rumors Shaw was a closet mutant.

On April 12, the body of a 16-year-old girl, a mutant victim in the cannibal murders, went missing from the city morgue at New York University under equally strange circumstances. According to assistant medical examiner Michael Koontz, the only witness to the theft, the “darkness came alive and took her.”

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:09 am

Deaths Leave Business Community in the Dark

By Kat Farrel
The Daily Bugle

This time, two high-profile New York real estate moguls have met their end after their shocking arrest as accessories to the New York Cannibal Murders.

Conrad Strathdee, 75, the semi-retired founder of Whitestone Properties, and his wife, Lourdes, 68, were found dead April 16 in one of their many New York area properties. A gardener found the bodies at the Carnegie Hill home after working on the rooftop garden earlier in the day. According to police reports, the man said he had spoken to the Strathdees just hours before their deaths. A cause of death has not been released.

He also told the officers when going downstairs to check in with the homeowners, he noticed a peculiar power outage which left only portions of the residence in the dark. Police said no such outage had been logged by either Consolidated Edison, or by the home's artificial intelligence surveillance system. The system's video logs are under investigation.

The Strathdee's deaths mark the fourth and fifth in recent weeks among the New York business community. Just days earlier, the body of Paris Seville, 67, owner of the Limelight nightclub was found dead in her place of business. The bodies of Sebastian Shaw, 33, and Donald Pierce, 82, CEOs of Shaw Industries and Pierce-Consolidated Mining, respectively, were both found murdered.

According to a recently-released autopsy report, Shaw, as long suspected, was a mutant. His head was discovered on April 11 at a private school in Westchester County. Earlier this week, more remains were discovered in an abandoned Harlem warehouse by vagrants who reported the tip anonymously.

On April 12, the body of a 16-year-old girl, another mutant victim, went missing from the city morgue at New York University. The only witness to the theft told police the “darkness came alive and took her.”

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Mass Murder in New York Nightclub

By Kat Farrel
The Daily Bugle

The list of the dead is growing, and police seem helpless to stop it.

On April 18, a New York nightclub turned into a charnel house with the discovery of at least six corpses inside. The remains of at least one unidentified and dismembered corpse, believed to be a mutant, was also discovered.

Of the remains so far identified, police have released the names of Dr. Richard Wiener, Gerhard van Ostamgen, Frank Gorshin, Oliver Ryland, Tan Hoo and Mercedes Scholl.

Police received an anonymous tip of the grisly scene and report they are still processing the scene due to the number of corpses and complexity of the crime. Police have confirmed all deaths are homicides and appear ritualistic in nature. A search of the abandoned subway line beneath the club has uncovered bizarre ritualistic writings on the walls, as well as the now-familiar symbol marking victims of the New York Cannibal Murders.

The writings included mentions of a being known as “Galactus.”

Among the dead are two more members of the mysterious Hellfire Club – van Ostamgen and Ryland – which has released an official statement disavowing any association with the killings. The Hellfire Club has confirmed several of the dead were former members, but that only Sebastian Shaw was a current member in good standing.

Pieces of Shaw's dismembered corpse were discovered April 11 and 15 at a private school in Westchester County and in an abandoned Harlem warehouse, respectively. According to the autopsy report, Shaw was a mutant.

On April 12, the body of a 16-year-old girl, another mutant victim, went missing from the city morgue at New York University. The only witness to the theft told police the “darkness came alive and took her.”

Coincidentally, there have been unconfirmed reports at the mass murder scene of unexplained, almost sentient, shadow activity. It is unknown if this is mutant-related or merely the psychological toll the string of murders has taken on investigators. The bodies of business people Conrad and Lourdes Strathdee, Paris Seville and Donald Pierce have all been discovered murdered over the last two weeks, all under mysterious circumstances.

NYPD Detective Misty Knight has refused comment on all related cases, though she has confirmed several of the victims were recently arrested as suspects in the New York Cannibal Murders.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:21 am

John Doe may be linked to Cult of Galactus murders

By Kat Farrel
The Daily Bugle

The unidentified young man recently discovered by police near an inflow ditch at Jerome Park Reservoir in the Bronx may be connected to the recent Cult of Galactus murders.

On May 7, a caucasian male, approximately 18-21 years of age, was found severely wounded and unconscious not far from the scene of what can only be described as a massacre. Though he remains in stable condition, police report he has yet to regain consciousness. DNA testing has confirmed the man is a mutant and injuries sustained are consistent with human teeth marks.

Just days before, on May 4, the Kingsbridge Heights area was rocked by a gruesome discovery in a decommissioned train station. The mutilated remains of renowned and reclusive big game hunter Sergei Kravinoff were found in the station, and dozens of apparent members of his “Cult of Galactus” were arrested, some remain hospitalized in serious condition. Rumors and eyewitness reports place the X-Men at the scene of the crime, only minutes before police arrived.

The death toll in this bizarre and ongoing case is now in the dozens, with victims ranging from John and Jane Does such as this unidentified victim to corporate CEOs such as Donald Pierce. A recent twist came with the announcement that Shaw Industries owner and CEO Sebastian Shaw, believed dead last month as a cannibal victim, was in fact alive. The dismembered mutant man bearing an uncanny resemblance to Shaw has been identified as William Mann of Queens.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti » Mon May 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Pryor on the Prowl

Photo by Jimmy Bartholemew
Daily Bugle

Presidential candidate and newly-outed mutant Madelyne Pryor attended a fundraiser in her honor in New York last night. Reportedly, the fundraiser's attendance suffered due to Pryor's recent announcement she is a mutant - the first known mutant to serve in the Senate.