9/23 Issue: Presidential Protection and Pants

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

9/23 Issue: Presidential Protection and Pants

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: After The Awakening – The Call

Carol: Finally home! How could it only be Tuesday? It felt like she'd worked all week already. She closed the door behind her, tossing her keys onto a side table and kicking off her shoes. On her way past her living room she turned the TV on for the noise and headed on into the kitchen to pour herself a drink and decide which takeout restaurant to have dinner from today.

Rogue: Rogue shifted her bomber, glad Tony let her wear something other than a suit like the secret service drones. She spotted Carol's head as it disappeared by a window. Good, she was home. She flew faster and landed with a thump at the door, then promptly knocked a rhythm, and shifted excitedly on her feet. Come on... Come oooon...

Carol: The knock on the door confused her. No one came to visit her... well except that one time when Greer visited to yell at her but she wasn't sure that counted. She set her glass and the menus down on the counter and headed back to the door, not even bothering to check who it was before she opened it. It wouldn't have helped with the surprise anyway.

Rogue: Rogue couldn't help but laugh at the look on Carol's face, "Hey, gal! Been a while, yeah? Tony gave me ya address. Ah hope that's okay. If not, go take it up with th' president."

Carol: "It's been for-freaking-ever!" She gave Rogue a quick hug before gesturing her inside. "I was just about to decide what to order for dinner."

Rogue: She grinned at the hug and flew in past Carol. "Great! Ah'll buy since Ah crashed whatever plans ya had. An' we could always go out instead o' orderin' in? Ah got news." Rogue saw the glass, "Oooh. Care t' share?"

Carol: Plans? She was supposed to have those? She closed the door, "Help yourself," she gave Rogue a smile, "I will... go and change." Because if she was having a visitor or going anywhere she didn't want to be getting anything on her uniform because that was too much hassle and dry cleaning.

Rogue: "Good plan," she smirked as she looked over Carol's Air Force uniform. "Rather not get free drinks 'cause o' our jobs. Rather get 'em 'cause we're smokin' hot." She downed the rest of Carol's drink and shuffled around the kitchen to look for more to fill it back up for when the other woman returned. Rogue practically bounced on her toes, so ready to share, but wanting to be able to celebrate already.

Carol: "Boobs are good for free drinks," she agreed, "Uniform is good for discounted coffee though..." she called from her bedroom as she opened her closet.

Rogue: "Ah don't hafta wear one. Wouldn't know. Tony's secretary always brings us coffee anyway." Though not the good kind.

Rogue: Rogue frowned in thought and started to open Carol's cabinets at random. Maybe she had some chicory. Long shot, but still worth a look. Oooh, Cocoa Puffs! Rogue pulled the box down and opened it to grab a handful before putting it back to continue her search while popping puffs in her mouth.

Carol: "Base coffee is free but also terrible." Pants! She had missed pants. When was the last time she'd actually worn pants? Obviously too long ago. She tossed her chosen pants onto her bed and took out a top to wear with them then started the long process of taking off bits of uniform and hanging them up.

Rogue: Maybe she had some iced in the fridge? Rogue pulled it open and blinked at how empty it was. "Um. Gal, do you ever eat?" There wasn't even milk to use with the cereal. She shook her head, shut the fridge, and went back to the cabinets. Well, at least there were the glasses. She pulled one down and poured more scotch for both of them.

Carol: "Sure I eat!" She replied, tossing her stockings in the general direction of the laundry hamper, "I just don't cook."

Rogue: Rogue shrugged at that when Carol's comment brought up images of her past and a destroyed kitchen. "Yep. Ah think that's prob'ly a good thing, after all." She downed the second glass and poured more. "Hurry uuuup! Ah'm just dyin' t' tell ya!"

Carol: "I'm going as fast as I can!" she rolled her eyes. Shoes. She needed those. She was sure these things usually came in pairs.... She lifted up her bed to check underneath. Aha! A pair! She kicked the shoe out from under the bed before she set it back down again.

Rogue: Rogue grunted in displeasure and sipped the third glass, going to snoop in Carol's living room. "Ah'm gonna find all ya dirty secrets if y' don't go faster'n 'fast as you can'," she called as she opened a book she found on the coffee table.

Carol: "It's cute that you think I have enough of a life to have any," she walked back along the hall as she finished fastening the buttons on her shirt.

Rogue: "Well, Ah won't know 'til Ah look, will Ah?" Rogue put the book back and downed the third glass, moving to put it in the sink, gesturing at Carol's glass as she went by. "Drink up an' let's get goin'. Somewhere we c'n talk, though. Not too loud. Know anywhere good?" Or... She looked over her shoulder at Carol. Maybe she should tell her here and they could celebrate after the shock had worn off?

Rogue: Yeah, maybe they should do that. "Have a seat, gal."

Carol: Carol picked up her glass and gave Rogue a suspicious look, "If this is a 'you need to sit down' kind of talk I'm going to need more than one glass of scotch."

Rogue: "It's good, Ah promise. Ah just wanna make sure y' don't fall over from how good," she grinned and picked up the bottle of scotch just in case Carol would need more quickly. "Fair?"

Carol: "We'll see," she took a seat on her sofa and hit mute on the tv. "So what's this news?"

Rogue: Rogue sat on the edge of the coffee table, bottle held in both hands as she leaned forward to put her elbows on her knees. "Tha professor woke up. Xavier. He woke up!" She was grinning from ear to ear, unable to contain her joy any longer.

Carol: She did need more scotch. This might make more sense if she was was drunk. "Really?" Wasn't his brain basically soup? "Is he okay?"

Rogue: Rogue obligingly held the bottle out to refill Carol's glass once she emptied it. "Yeah. Ah still ain't sure what all's goin' on, but Ah aim t' find out. He reached out an' asked me t' come there. An' ta reach out t' whoever Ah could on tha way, X-Men-wise."

Carol: "Wow that's crazy..." She frowned, taking another drink, "So just like that he's summoning you all back, huh? He say why?"

Rogue: She shrugged one shoulder and took a drink from the bottle. "Just asked me t' come down. Said he'd reached out t' a few others, so mah best guess'd be he just wants t' see what remains of his students?" Rogue tilted her head and gave Carol an extra sweet smile, "So, with that in ya consciousness, now Ah have a favor t' ask."

Carol: She raised an eyebrow, "Yeah?" This was less weird than a surprise visit.... but sad.

Rogue: "How would ya like t' take over President duty f'r a couple days? Ah knew Ah'd hafta have somebody step in an' Ah brought it up t' Tony an' he said he'd be okay if you wanted ta do it. Pleeeaaase, Carol?"

Carol: "Does it involve any paperwork?"

Rogue: Rogue barked a laugh and shook her head, "No. But Ah'll hafta tell him ya don't cook. Basically, ya just get t' hang out with him 24-7. He supplies booze?"

Carol: "Sold." No paperwork and free booze was basically her dream job.

Rogue: "Great," Rogue laughed and shook her head. That was easier than she thought. "Thanks, Carol!" Rogue tackled her, careful not to spill her glass or the bottle, hugging her tight. "Ah'm so excited!"

Carol: Carol held her glass out at a safe distance and lifted into the air a little so they didn't tip the sofa. "You're welcome," she laughed, "Say hi for me if you see anyone I know, okay?"

Rogue: "Absolutely! An' maybe Tony'll let you come down f'r a bit if he feels like tha secret service are up t' tha task o' babysitt- Ah mean, Presidential Protection."

Carol: "I won't hold my breath unless he managed to do better than Phill and Stan." She doubted it. "No one's gonna be as awesome at it as us."

Rogue: Rogue smirked, "Well o' course not. But he ain't unreasonable. Just keep pokin' 'til he gets annoyed enough." She flopped onto the couch and then stood. "So... We good t' celebrate now? Or would ya rather drown y' sorrows 'bout havin' ta deal with Tony?"

Carol: "Eh, I don't mind Tony. He appreciates my hard work... and scotch." She gave Rogue a grin, "I'm sure we can make it work."

Rogue: "Ah don't mind him either. Don't hurt that he ain't bad on tha eyes, neither," she grinned back. "Can y' start t'morrow?"

Carol: She shrugged, "I guess? I mean, if anyone wants to complain about me not going to my office they're probably not going to want to take it up with Tony..."

Rogue: "He's already made a call," she held down her hand to Carol, "just in case ya said yes."

Carol: She laughed, "Sure. Just in case." She took the offered hand and got to her feet, finishing off the scotch in her glass, "So where are we going?"

Rogue: "Anywhere. Gotta celebrate! Charles is awake!"

Carol: "Food first! Then I will take you to my favourite bar."

Rogue: "Sounds like a date, sugah." Rogue took Carol's empty glass, set both that and the bottle on the coffee table and linked her arm through Carol's. "Fly or cab?"

Carol: "I'm wearing pants! No cabs for us!"