9/30 Issue: Shipping Up to Boston

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

9/30 Issue: Shipping Up to Boston

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a couple days after The Awakening – The X-Men.

Cessily: Cessily hoped Bobby was as good following directions as he had claimed he was as she kept looking out towards the shore, scanning the waves for any signs of anything icy approaching the small boat. She once more checked her phone to make sure the GPS tracking was enabled, so she wasn't sure how that would help him.

Cessily: His message had been cryptic and he had insisted on needing to tell her in person, even when she told him where she was. He had only assured her it wasn't anything bad, even though it was important enough that it couldn't even wait until she was back in port.

Bobby: Bobby never had a lot of cause to use this aspect of his powers outside of an emergency. It was a shame, because fun. There was so much water that it was easy, and he didn't need GPS to locate one very silver girl in the ocean.

Cessily: Spotting the small cloud of mist on the horizon that appeared to home in on her boat with unnatural speed and precision, Cessily concluded that Bobby hadn't been exaggerating, waving at the icy form as it got closer.

Bobby: The cold mist coalesced on the deck of the little sailboat, swirling into the shape of a man. Naked, but hey. "Cessy!"

Cessily: "Bobby!" Cessily beamed a grin and crossed the short distance between them with a two big bouncy steps, wrapping her arms around his upper body as she pounced him, unbothered by the cold emanating from his icy form.

Bobby: "Hey! Great to see you!" Bobby picked her up for a spin before he set her back down.

Cessily: "Great to see you, too!" Cessily laughed, bouncing with excitement. "Wow, you found me! You really weren't joking about needing to see me at once. Did the aliens invade and I missed it?"

Bobby: "Nope, no aliens!" Bobby grinned. "The professor woke up."

Cessily: The news left her stunned for a moment. Aliens probably wouldn't have come at such a surprise to her. "For real?" she asked, her gaze lighting up with joy. "I mean, of course, why else would you come out all the way out here?" She was barely able to contain her excitement. "How- how is he?"

Bobby: "For real! It's crazy, right?!" Bobby laughed, excited for her excitement. "He apparently pinged on all the telepaths' radars when he woke up and contacted a bunch of the old gang to come see him."

Bobby: Bobby reached over and flicked her bright red hair. "Since he can't get in your noggin, I got to tell you the old fashioned way!" He shrugged a little. "In physical therapy, but he's good as far as I know."

Cessily: "Wow, that's amazing!" Cessily laughed, once again bouncing a little before pulling Bobby into another hug. "I can't believe it. I mean, no one knew what was wrong with him or if there was even anything they could do. What happened? Did McCoy finally figure it out?"

Bobby: "From what I understand, he just sort of fixed himself." Bobby was happy to hug her again. "Telepaths are weird like that, right?" He laughed.

Cessily: She joined in on his laugh. "They are, but I don't think us two have much room to talk." She brushed away some of her hair that the ocean breeze kept whipping into her face. "Thanks for coming here to tell me," she said, giving Bobby a smile. "You were right, it's much better to hear such great news in person than over the phone."

Bobby: "Oh, I'm not done." Bobby stepped back and laughed again, trying to help her with her wild hair. "I'm less sure about this part, but Xavier met with Tony Stark..."

Cessily: "Wow, really? He's that famous, huh?" Fed up with the wind and her hair, which was just another extension of her body, Cessily shifted its shape into tightly wrapped bun to get it out of the way. "Then again, Stark did a lot of good things for us."

Bobby: "He has. I'll be kind of sorry to see him go, even if he is a pain the he ass." Bobby watched her reform her hair with a grin. "I think he's wanting to leave an even more lasting legacy..."

Bobby: Bobby didn't need to lick his lips in this form, but it was habit. "Xavier asked Stark to make the X-Men a real, sanctioned team. And he said yes."

Cessily: Cessily raised her eyebrows. "Just like that?" she asked. "I didn't know Stark was such a big fan of the Professor. And us, I guess. Are we sure Charles didn't just mind control him?" She chuckled. "So, what would that mean? Like, they'd no longer work under SHIELD?"

Bobby: "I dunno... I don't think they know, either, but I guess it makes us government-backed." Bobby ran his hand over his icy hair. "Yeah, I still work for SHIELD, so I'm not sure what it means for me. I have another year of Hope-sitting at least."

Cessily: Cessily nodded. "These are some big news anyway. And I gotta admit, the X-Men as an official thing sounds interesting. Don't get me wrong, SHIELD is great and all and they're doing a lot of good work, but the whole military angle never really suited me."

Bobby: "Yeah, I get that. I mean, it didn't really me, either, but I kinda had to get used to it," he said, wrinkling his nose. It was far better than prison. "But, anyway, if you're interested, I guess they're fixing up the old Danvers place for Charles to move in when he's released from rehab."

Cessily: "Oh, that's fantastic." Cessily smiled. "And the least thing I should do is visit the Professor, after all he's done for us. Besides, it would be really nice to maybe meet some old friends again. It's been way too long since everyone is doing their own thing."

Bobby: "It really has. It'll be good to see everyone again, and I guess we'll just have to see what Stark and Xavier come up with." Bobby smirked a little. "I heard he met up with Lehnsherr too... wonder what that's about."

Cessily: "Maybe just a friendly visit," Cess replied, returning Bobby's smirk. "Or the Professor was trying to get him on board for his new X-Men project. Eric helped a lot with keeping the school running after... all the bad stuff."

Bobby: "Yeah, I hope it's not about training those kids like he did us. I mean... the school did blow up, and that wasn't even the first time."

Cessily: "Yeah, that definitely happened way too often," Cessily agreed, and bit her lip. "I mean, I get where he was coming from, wanting us to be able to control our powers and be able to defend ourselves in a dangerous world, but it was always only a question of time until things went wrong."

Cessily: Cessily laughed. "Who could have guessed training kids to fight would end in disaster?"

Bobby: "I know, right? I guess we turned out okay." Bobby faked a twitch.

Cessily: "Hey, trauma builds character. That's basically teaching 101. Plus it secured my job as student counselor." She laughed again. "Besides, despite all the bad stuff, it's a time I wouldn't want to miss. Same goes for the friends I've made."

Bobby: "That part is true," he said with a laugh and went in for another hug. "So, when you're done with your pirate impression you can come see us in Boston?"

Cessily: Cessily returned the hug and gave Bobby a firm squeeze. "Oh, definitely," she replied. "I planned on sailing down there eventually, anyway. I've almost got enough practice days for the captain's license."

Bobby: "Yeah, awesome? Between us we got air and sea covered." He let her go with a grin. "So this is what you've been doing, huh?"

Cessily: "Well, I've been traveling a lot," she replied with a smile. "Seeing the world, taking pictures of interesting places, doing charity work, that kind of stuff. Sadly getting on commercial flights still is a bit of a challenge for me, so I've really come to appreciate boats."

Cessily: She laughed. "Picked up a few skills while helping out on whatever rides I hitched, and eventually developed an interest in it. I really like the independence. Besides, not needing to breathe and being able to shapeshift into a mermaid is kinda neat for taking diving trips."

Bobby: "Oh shit! Mermaid, huh?" Bobby laughed and looked around. "I can see the appeal. There's so much water here - duh, ocean - but you know what I mean. A lot to play around with."

Bobby: Bobby created a cold misty swirl over the water, forming it into a school of leaping ice dolphins."

Cessily: Cessily giggled at the sight. "Showoff," she said, giving Bobby a smile before looking back at the icy dolphins. "But still impressive. You got really good at this."

Bobby: "Thanks!" Bobby grinned and let the dolphins fade into the distance. "Gotta keep the party tricks fresh. So, I guess I'll see you soon?"

Cessily: "You can count on it." Cessily nodded. "I'll just grab a few things from home and then meet you all in Boston." She grinned at Bobby and nodded towards the wheel. "Unless you've got the time to stick around until I've taken her back to port."

Bobby: "Well, y'know, if I shifted back you might want me to have some pants, babe."

Cessily: Cessily laughed. "Oh, you should know me better by now."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 9/30 Issue: Shipping Up to Boston

Post by Esynthia »

Yay Cessy!!! <3